NWN2: Storm of Zehir is out!

SteveThaiBinh

I don't even remember the menu music to NWN2 or MotB, to be honest.

Its not like I sit on the menu listening to tunes. I've got a few more games to restart... :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yep, the rare resources thing is a bug and confirmed by OEI. Rob said there'll be patch today or tomorrow fixing the issue where MotB wouldn't play properly, not sure if there'll be any other bugfixes in it as well.
Let me get this straight. First, Mask of Betrayer breakes the original campeign, and then Storm of Zheir breakes Mask of Betrayer? Hahaha.....

Its not uninstalled my OS yet, so maybe not totally like PoR2. :lol:

So far I'm personally really digging it. Love wandering to overland map, having monsters spawn, nearly kill me, and then running back to town because I used all my health stuff to survive the encounter, often fleeing from various monsters. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's almost like playing BG2 again, where it felt like 90% of the game was sidequests and wierd companions (in a good way).

have any of you meet Ribsmasher? man that guy is hilarious.. like a cross between Gromnir and Chuck Norris

Fortune favors the bald.

have any of you meet Ribsmasher? man that guy is hilarious.. like a cross between Gromnir and Chuck Norris

He's back?! Was he a random spawn on the world map? Where did you find him?

Sorry for the spoilers here.. :lol: for those interested but too afraid to look, it's only about a companion you can find.

In the Banite cave in Neverwinter Woods (I think it was north east of Neverwinter and due east from Llast) - I had to use the Thiefling skill Darkness to enter the temple, so if you don't have one I have no idea how to get in.

Fortune favors the bald.

He's back?! Was he a random spawn on the world map? Where did you find him?

Sorry for the spoilers here.. :lol: for those interested but too afraid to look, it's only about a companion you can find.

In the Banite cave in Neverwinter Woods (I think it was north east of Neverwinter and due east from Llast) - I had to use the Thiefling skill Darkness to enter the temple, so if you don't have one I have no idea how to get in.

Oh! I've been there, but I got my butt kicked so I left to go level up before I tackle that place again. I could take any one group of them, but just like the Thief house in the NWN2 OC the people in the other rooms always came in just as I was finishing up the last group but before I could heal up.

It's taken ages to intall because it suffers from DOOVDE syndrome, why isn't everything procedurally GENERATED HUH HUH OBSIDIAN!

AND WHAT'S WITH THE *.TGA's no wonder it's taken foreva, you guys never 'ear of compression EH EH!

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

a 333.6meg patch, WTF! Did you guys forget to include all the VO or something, ran out room on the disk due to over use of TGA's?

*cries and stomps foot like a small girl demanding milk*

Volo survived, can you guess how, why, etc...?

I'm sure I have no idea what you are implying. o:)

It's taken ages to intall because it suffers from DOOVDE syndrome, why isn't everything procedurally GENERATED HUH HUH OBSIDIAN!

AND WHAT'S WITH THE *.TGA's no wonder it's taken foreva, you guys never 'ear of compression EH EH!

What benefit would having everything procedurally generated offer other than (I'm assuming) decreased install times?

Also didn't NWN1 use *.TGA's as well? :ermm:

EDIT: 336MB patch?! That's going to take a few extra minutes to download... It's going to take even longer if my wireless keeps cutting out for no reason. :(

Edited by Deraldin

I'm going to save myself the bother and uninstall the piece of ****. Obs lost big with this worthless expansion. You guys do actually beta test what you make, right?

Why?

a 333.6meg patch, WTF! Did you guys forget to include all the VO or something, ran out room on the disk due to over use of TGA's?

For some extraordinary reason, the SoZ installer deleted the MotB voiceovers. You don't need to download the VO file for the time being if you're only going to play SoZ.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So, what is the general consensus? It SoZ worth buying right away or would I not be missing much if I did not pick it up for awhile (id est a month or three)?

This is really my question, although I'm reluctant to read through this thread for fear of massive spoilers.