What's your strategy for getting over a woman/man?

alanschu

**** their bestfriend. :)
Unfortunately those never last.

don't need to last... at least, only need to last long enough to piss off your ex. :)

my suggestion: drink heavily. i am a follower of homer... alcohol, the cause of and solution to most of life's problems.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

**** their bestfriend. :ermm:
Unfortunately those never last.

don't need to last... at least, only need to last long enough to piss off your ex. :)

my suggestion: drink heavily. i am a follower of homer... alcohol, the cause of and solution to most of life's problems.

taks

That is right, it only needs to be a one time deal. Even better if ex catches you in the act.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

What a bunch of doofuses. He doesn't want revenge on the chic. She didn't dump him. He just wants to get over having the mutual hots when the lady is currently married to someone else. Where's that rolling eyecon.

And drinking is fine until you end up with Cirrhosis. :ermm:

Are you kidding? That would be bound to chafe.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And here I was hoping leapfrogging was some how a euphemism for sex!!! :(

Could be, for all I know. Seems like everything is a euphemism for sex these days.

Hmmm, now I have the idea of playing leapfrog naked in my minds eye... :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, sorry y'all for necroposting, but I stumbled across this whilst rummaging around for this supposed ADHD thread by Krezack referred to in another thread. Is there such a thread? I'd like to see it.

Anyways, I've been away from the forums for a while and missed this thread, and given the fact that I've had my own agonizing woman problems to deal with and that Allan and me have been discussing these things on here, I thought I'd chime in.

Or, well, actually, I don't really know what to say. Time heals all wounds they say, and I'm sure it does. It's just not very efficient at it. Apparently I might have ADHD (and I'm looking for a thread about ADHD, funny huh?) which might explain my brain's complete inability to just shove this woman to the deepest pit of my mind where she belongs. But I ramble.

The annoying part is that I thought that I was kind of getting in tune with the whole situation and moving on, and then a friend told me that she and her new boyfriend didn't last more than about a month after I broke off contact with her. So maybe he was a rebound thing after all, despite my being utterly convinced of the opposite, given her history. The troubling thing was that although this was good news in a bizarrely pleasing way, it set off my ADHD brain on a new round of pointless what-ifs and whatnot and what-have-you.

I still don't know for sure whether that boyfriend thing is actually over or not, but it looks like it is. But I haven't spoken to her in three and a half months, so I wouldn't really know. But I do know that every time I think about her and what happened before and after we broke up I still get very, very upset. I have cleared every trace of her on Facebook (stupid Facebook) but she'll still show up with a recent photo for a profile picture on mutual friends' profiles and so on. It's just one of the ways I try to erase her from my mind, and it's working okay. It's slow, but I'm much better off now than I was during the painful days of the Romantic Drivel thread.

There is also this other girl at the moment that is kind of causing me confusion. She is a co-worker, she's dead cute and we really get along well (we're also semi-neighbours), and she's been kind of flirting with me, but she's sending me really mixed signals. Given my own wish not to end up in a rebound thing (she is in the same boat as me, trying to get over an ex that was the biggest ***hole on the planet half the time) I guess I'm giving her some really mixed signals too, so I dunno whether it's because of that. The funny thing is that although absolutely NOTHING has actually happened between us, half of our co-workers seem to think we're having some sort of relationship. So something subtle is going on and I'm too confused and caught up in it to be exactly sure what it is.

I wish I could forget about both my ex and this new girl and just get on with life, but it's easier said than done. The painful part, Allan, is that you don't want to lose this woman. That will complicate things and hurt your progress. Me and my ex parted on friendly terms, but I don't want to have contact with her in any way, shape of form. I think that helps time do its slow job.

I also realise that this thread is about a month old, which begs the question how are things looking right now?

EDIT: I found the ADHD thread. Interesting stuff.

Edited by Checkpoint

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I've been playing GTA San Andreas all day. I'm going to therefore assume that all you need to do is go to the gym, buy a gold watch, and turn up at her house in a stolen car before taking her to a fast food restaurant.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been playing GTA San Andreas all day. I'm going to therefore assume that all you need to do is go to the gym, buy a gold watch, and turn up at her house in a stolen car before taking her to a fast food restaurant.

Nah, already tried that. It can backfire pretty bad.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

One day I will run into Shryke's cold, dead, alcoholic corpse on a Wellington road

And I will search it for loot.

One day I will run into Shryke's cold, dead, alcoholic corpse on a Wellington road

Forget the loot. Just get that list of girlfriends that he has ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

you might score yourself a +3 hair tie of drunken revelry

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I bet you have awesome shoes.

-Elwood Blues

You figured out his secret way to get the ladies.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You figured out his secret way to get the ladies.

well actually nice shoes does actually help believe it or not

a couple of weeks ago i had a friend comment on my new boots - even though she usually never gives a crap

so people do notice when you go out of your way to wear nice footwear

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i knew it! Gentlemen, let us adjourn to a nearby place of shoes and change our fate!

-Elwood Blues