Any good games coming out?

Karzak

Mass Effect was great...Anyone who says different is looking for attention. It's cool to dislike cool things.

Believe it or not, a lot of times people dislike things because they dislike them. Especially as one gets older when the need to express coolness through disdain disappears entirely for most.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I hate cake.

Am I cool yet

No

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Mass Effect was great...Anyone who says different is looking for attention. It's cool to dislike cool things.

Believe it or not, a lot of times people dislike things because they dislike them. Especially as one gets older when the need to express coolness through disdain disappears entirely for most.

Except on the internet.

Actually, I run into adults in their mid-forties and fifties who express hostility or dislike for things they know little to nothing about. Example: not too long ago, I saw a TV spot for a politician. The woman beside me said that the governor was 'the worst thing that had ever happened to Nevada.' When I asked her what he'd done/hadn't done, should couldn't tell me *one thing.* She didn

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It doesn't really disappear as you get older I think. There's always this thing about defining yourself through expressing dislike, even when you don't know about it.

By all means I'm not immune to it. But I'd rather try and have perspective and end up whiny sometimes, than say to myself 'meh its all good' or call all critics whiners.

How to be cool on the internet:

-Discard Halo as a mediocre "consoletard" shooter.

-Only love really old and complex 2d RPGs

-Be a cynic about any new game coming out

-Whine about DRM 24/7

-Hate EA with a passion

-Like Half-life 2

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

-Whine about DRM 24/7

-Hate EA with a passion

-Like Half-life 2

Damn, I only do three of those things. I guess I'm not cool. :(

-Whine about DRM 24/7

-Hate EA with a passion

-Like Half-life 2

So basically recite facts? Got it. :(

You forgot

-Defend your favorite console like it's your firstborn

-Whine about the Wii killing gaming

Aah, but it depends which Halo! And everyone loves HL2, whachu talkin' bout Willis?

HL2 was the most boring shooter I've ever played. :S

-Whine about DRM 24/7

-Hate EA with a passion

-Like Half-life 2

So basically recite facts? Got it. :(

You forgot

-Defend your favorite console like it's your firstborn

-Whine about the Wii killing gaming

Being a console fanboy makes you seem pathetic to the elites of PC gaming. Therefore you would not be cool. The second one works though. :(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

-Whine about DRM 24/7

-Hate EA with a passion

-Like Half-life 2

I, sort of, do all of those. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Halo 3 was a lot more fun and entertaining than Half-life 2.

*equips +10 flameshield*

HL2 is a very clever game, Halo 3 is really dumb, the stupid Brute apes just mill around in the background and politely take turns attacking one by one. Nevertheless, it was quite fun most of the time, except the last two levels which ruined the game for me, not to mention shamelessly ripping off Halo 1.

Also I like Oblivion and dislike MotB, and prefer to play on the Xbox, how uncool is that!?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

HL2 is a very clever game, Halo 3 is really dumb, the stupid Brute apes just mill around in the background and politely take turns attacking one by one. Nevertheless, it was quite fun most of the time, except the last two levels which ruined the game for me, not to mention shamelessly ripping off Halo 1.

Half Life 2 is a very boring game. The stupid combine do nothing but run straight at you and provide no challenge at all because they only take 2 shots to the foot to die. If I have to stand there and listen to someone talk for 15 minutes one more time, the whole series is going in the garbage where it rightfully belongs. The only entertaining part of Half Life 2 was baiting the CP guys in the train station by continually throwing garbage at them and laughing in their face as they try to run after you only to slink away in defeat because they don't know how to jump a two foot barrier.

Also I like Oblivion and dislike MotB, and prefer to play on the Xbox, how uncool is that!?

Of course Halo 3 was dumb. I said more fun and entertaining. Hell, at least there was a semblance of ambiance. Deraldin pretty much sums up what I have to say about it.

Half Life 2 is a very boring game. The stupid combine do nothing but run straight at you and provide no challenge at all because they only take 2 shots to the foot to die. If I have to stand there and listen to someone talk for 15 minutes one more time, the whole series is going in the garbage where it rightfully belongs. The only entertaining part of Half Life 2 was baiting the CP guys in the train station by continually throwing garbage at them and laughing in their face as they try to run after you only to slink away in defeat because they don't know how to jump a two foot barrier.

This is just me, but the reason Half Life 2 is so boring is because it's actually trying to convey a story. It was also pretty advanced when it came out in terms of enemy AI and some of the things you did. Only problem is everyone improved on the Half Life formula so much Half Life 2 seems to be boring (I'd probably put Call of Duty as the successor to Half Life in terms of story and gameplay)

And Dagon, I hated Halo2. It pulled the Metal Gear Solid 2 twist by having you run around as the Arbiter, and it didn't really have an ending. Other than that I found it to be a very by the book shooter.

Half Life wrote the book that halo went by btw.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

HL2 had a story?