Has anyone ever seen a UFO?

darks

Hi everyone, I want to ask you if anyone has ever seen an unidentified flying object? I want to know about their appearance, do they really exist and anything more that would be related to them. So, if anyone has any info on them, kindly share it.

Yeah, I am pretty sure it wasn't little Grey Aliens that Obsidian had in mind :shifty:

Moved to WoT.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nah, though it would be cool. Otoh, I've seen a lot of flying objects that I couldn't identify i.e. tell whether it was a bottle of beer or apple juice - I always assumed that it was the first option, given that it was on concerts that I saw them flying, but it was too fast to tell for sure.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I once saw a slow moving object decending towards the ground.. It kinda looked like the moon in size, except it was purple/red-ish and seemed closer.

Later on the news it was reported that a meteor had struck in the ocean in the vicinity of where I saw the object - altough the thing was definitely not on fire and moving way to slow compared to it's size.

I guess that doesn't qualifies as a UFO, since it was identified as a meteor though.

Fortune favors the bald.

I saw a thingie last summer, like a light with a streak behind it moving across the sky. It could have been a meteor or even some kind of rocket(it was pretty close to the swedish space thingie). It was in daylight so it was hard to see.

..AND this summer a police chopper flew over and dropped 5 little white things at very high altitute. Now, they know what those things were, but to us they were UFOs

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wasn't it Asimov who said that either possiblity - that we are utterly alone in the universe, or that we have companions - is terrifying.

I say UFO spotters are just damned lazy. get up off your arse and get into space, people! Let's be the first to probe other planets.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've seen a number of objects flying through the sky that I couldn't identify, so in that sense yes I've seen some UFOs.

But I've never seen anything that I've been convinced was ship of extraterrestrial design. That said, I don't think such a ship is impossible, but have no experience with such.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wasn't it Asimov who said that either possiblity - that we are utterly alone in the universe, or that we have companions - is terrifying.

I say UFO spotters are just damned lazy. get up off your arse and get into space, people! Let's be the first to probe other planets.

Yep, although Lovecraft said something to the same extent when he was talking about how fortunate it is for humans that we can not comprehend eternity and the endless universe. I think his quote is in the thread in WoT.

Fortune favors the bald.

UFO Hunters had an episode on the Tinley Park Lights last week. It was pretty interesting what with the huge number of witnesses and recordings of the events. I don't neccessarily "believe" in UFOS as such (an alien spaceship etc) but people in Illinios saw something and nobody is sure what it was.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I once heard a very strange mechanical flying noise above my house at night, two or three years ago. It wasn't moving, so it couldn't have been an airplane, and it sure as hell was no helicopter either.

That said, it couldn't have been aliens, because any self respecting alien definitely would've taken a super intelligent specimen such as myself.

The same here, it is indeed hard to say about their existence. There have been many discussions on this topic and it still goes on. There have been sightings on them and it has been reported on various places. For more information, you can browse the sources that hold information for them; one which I recently visited was *beep* which had good material on them.

You've made 3 different accounts now for the sole purpose of advertising that site.

Why?

Edited by Gorth
Removed url from quote

The same here, it is indeed hard to say about their existence. There have been many discussions on this topic and it still goes on. There have been sightings on them and it has been reported on various places. For more information, you can browse the sources that hold information for them; one which I recently visited was *beep* which had good material on them.

You've made 3 different accounts now for the sole purpose of advertising that site.

Why?

Spam site promotion, surely?

Edited by Gorth
Removed url from quote

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Why?

Maybe. On a quick glance, though, it looks like a genuine UFO fansite. I guess he thought we looked like a gullible lot.

Edited by Gorth
Removed url from quote

Well he sure is.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why?

Maybe. On a quick glance, though, it looks like a genuine UFO fansite. I guess he thought we looked like a gullible lot.

Well its still spam promotion of the site, even if the site is legit (possibly a misunderstanding of the purpose of the Aliens forum).

Edited by Gorth
Removed url from quote

Well its still spam promotion of the site, even if the site is legit (possibly a misunderstanding of the purpose of the Aliens forum).

That is my take on it too.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hi everyone, I want to ask you if anyone has ever seen an unidentified flying object?

I have... At first I did not know exactly what it was but then, after a little consideration, I decided that it was probably

Air Force One flying back to D.C.

... :lol:

securom2gu8.png