Suggestions for NWN2 NX3

Kobold PCs.

"You wants Deekin?"

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Whishlist:

Continue with not adding romances :lol: Prettier heads for the PCs. Stick with the rules for subraces (2 features per Genasi, hello?! :sorcerer: ). No more dinosaurs. Hm... Retroactively integrate the benefits of MotB and presumably SoZ and NX3 into the OC. If the engine really has to eat computing power for breakfast, make it use that power by reallly using features offered by processors and graphics cards.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

My wishlist for NWN2 NX3:

1) Planescape setting. Not the butchered version that WOTC added to the FR campaign setting as an afterthought but the real honest to god Planescape setting and rules. If you need the source books I have soft copies of them all, I'll be happy to send them.

2) A fully fleshed out Sigil tileset/heightmap with great spire, charter house, faction houses, and sufficient textures to create appropriate terrain of any plane.

3) A full monster manual of planescape setting creatures (feel free to reuse from FR 3rd Ed where appropriate but you had better include more tiefling heads, gloamings, dabus, and the Lady of Pain doggone it!)

4) A full 100+ hour campaign story that is so good and compelling that it will make me forget Torment.

5) Factons. ALL of them. With appropriate feats and skills amd emnities. This is not negotiable

Can you guys do all that? No? Shoot. It would have been awsome.

Well, if you can't do that then please make the setting in Icewind Dale or the Shining South please. Anything you guys make I'll probably buy.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1) Planescape setting. Not the butchered version that WOTC added to the FR campaign setting as an afterthought but the real honest to god Planescape setting and rules. If you need the source books I have soft copies of them all, I'll be happy to send them.

2) A fully fleshed out Sigil tileset/heightmap with great spire, charter house, faction houses, and sufficient textures to create appropriate terrain of any plane.

3) A full monster manual of planescape setting creatures (feel free to reuse from FR 3rd Ed where appropriate but you had better include more tiefling heads, gloamings, dabus, and the Lady of Pain doggone it!)

4) A full 100+ hour campaign story that is so good and compelling that it will make me forget Torment.

5) Factons. ALL of them. With appropriate feats and skills amd emnities. This is not negotiable

Can you guys do all that? No? Shoot. It would have been awsome.

Well, if you can't do that then please make the setting in Icewind Dale or the Shining South please. Anything you guys make I'll probably buy.

Dayym, I agree on every point there. Too bad that your options are as possible to happen as world peace would happen tomorrow. *sigh* ;(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Dayym, I agree on every point there. Too bad that your options are as possible to happen as world peace would happen tomorrow. *sigh* :thumbsup:

I guess there is always mods. The problem is I don't have the time anymore. Actually, a campaign to do all of that is quite possible in NWN1. Now that the CODI material is out it would require nothing more than a little effort and time. The bummer of it is no one would ever play it because the NWN1 ship sailed a long time ago. Few still have the game installed and fewer would put it back on to play a mod no matter how good it might be.

Thomas Sowell

There are enough races and subraces and such in the game now. I say add content to expand on the ones we currently have. More appearance customization, a plethora of race specific quests and such. Maybe have the story deal with one of the dwarven or elven kingdoms so we can see something from a not so human viewpoint. I'd also like to see another expanded Crossroad Keep type feature. Maybe building from an initial settlement up to a fortified castle town throughout the game.

There is enough content, in terms of races and classes, that's true, but I would still like to see the implementation of what I call 'combinational' or 'combinatorial' prestige classes that allow the character to progress in multiple types of spellcasting simultaneously. This means classes such as the Mystic Theurge.

Less cheese, more original content, please!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

6) Modrons. EDIT: Oops, i guess that would fall under #3. Okay, a long and important quest/subquest involving modrons and a visit to Mechanus.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I'd like to see Obsidian make a game where the party NPC interaction is a mixture of Torment and BG2.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What makes you think there will ever be a third expansion? I am sure Hasbro/WotC will want Obsidian (or any other developer) to move on to 4E.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Afair, TOB came out with the 3rd edition already having been published. So why not another addon on an older franchise, when it will probably still generate some licensing money?

But actually, I also think that Storm of Zehir will be the last addon to NWN2.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Very likely. NWN2's engine didn't age terribly well. Worse, the core architecture of the engine itself is badly outdated.

If NWN3 is ever made, I think Obsidian only requires to rebuild the base architecture of the Aurora engine where it handles the logics into one that takes advantage of modern resource architecture like multi-core for instance. On the graphics department, I think Obs can easily simply add further bells and whistles with further optimization to take advantage the power of modern graphic cards. But if Obsidian is far more ambitious, we might see the Onyx engine replace the Electron instead if compatibility allows for it.

Of course with the mistakes made from the development of NWN2, I strongly believe Obsidian will be far more pragmatic and realistic in working on NWN3. So I can expect there be far fewer classes, feats and races to start with in NWN3 in comparison to NWN2. Hopefully there will be a functional multiplayer component upon release this time around.

Edited by Zoma

Oh. This iz just rumourz from me. Take it with spoonful of salt.

Ther emay be high possibility Obsidian may be in pre-production plans for NWN3. Seems on the job listing they are looking for Senior Network Programmer and Int/Sr Tool programmer

Funny though that Obsidian is still looking for peeps to work on their Aliens RPG. I kind of thought the project is in full gears by now.

I think that the possibility of a NX3 or NWN3 is slim at best, but atleast higher than Guard Dog's wonderfully utopian game.

I think that Obsidian's next D&D-game will be in the vein of "Waterkeep Mornings".

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What makes you think there will ever be a third expansion? I am sure Hasbro/WotC will want Obsidian (or any other developer) to move on to 4E.

That's what I also fear, but I nevertheless hope for another expansion. I don't like 4E all that much, at least not in the PnP format (maybe in CRPGs it would work better, but some Obsidian devs commented that it translates poorly into the electronic space, because of things such as marks and so on)...

Edited by Magister Lajciak

I think that the possibility of a NX3 or NWN3 is slim at best, but atleast higher than Guard Dog's wonderfully utopian game.

I don't know if you or Mr. Insomniac had seen this: http://www.planescapetrilogy.com/

I got all excited over CODI too an nothing came of it. So I try not to get excited over this to avoid that heartbreak again.

Thomas Sowell

I don't know if you or Mr. Insomniac had seen this: http://www.planescapetrilogy.com/

I got all excited over CODI too an nothing came of it. So I try not to get excited over this to avoid that heartbreak again.

Yeah, but sadly the project have subject to constant delays, so i will remain carefully optimistic about until it is released, if ever.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Don't forget The Black Hound... I know though that we are still very far from getting this module...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Don't forget The Black Hound... I know though that we are still very far from getting this module...

After spending a long day crunching code I don't see how Josh goes home and fiddles with the toolset. When I get off work I do things that are to total opposite of what I do at work.

Thomas Sowell

After spending a long day crunching code I don't see how Josh goes home and fiddles with the toolset. When I get off work I do things that are to total opposite of what I do at work.

That's a good point. Even if you love your work, you don't want to spendall your time doing it.

Taladas!

Yes, the next expansion should take place on a different planet, in the lesser known expansion of a setting long abandoned by WotC.

In Northern Hosk and the Glass Desert and the Steamwall!

edit: well I was kidding, but wikipedia says "In 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons, each campaign setting is receiving an entire year of focus, with 2010 being set aside for Dragonlance." So now I'm not kidding...

Edited by crakkie

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.