TV: Heroes

Gfted1

he wrote 3 episodes of Heroes. Doesn't seem like a big loss.

He made Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies. He's THE Boss.

He was pretty much the only ray of light that Heroes had, but at some point you'll just have to cut your losses.

I loved Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls. Pushing Daisies is a bit weird though... a bit clinical?

Also, did I mention Heroes sucks?

Why do you guys watch it if you don't like it? No way would I continue to watch anything I didn't like, just because it's there. What, you don't have anything better to do? I must be the only one who does like it. I like Claire, I like Peter, I like Hiro, I like most of them. I don't like the Niki/Jessica/Tracy character though. She sucks, and I think the show would do quite well without her.... imo. << :) I'm only in the middle of season 3 however, where Hiro is a 10 year old in his adult body. I love the comic relief his character gives. And his sidekick, Ando, is the perfect companion for him. I think Claire is great, even if at times she can be agravating. As an actress, she is very good... again imo!! She, besides Peter, is my favorite. I even like her dad, Noah. He was an enigma for so long, and in most ways, still is. I was never quite sure if he is good or bad, although I think good. He loves his daughter, that is real enough to me. I like Elle. At first I couldn't stand her. I always like to see a person not just try, but actually do a turn around in his or her life. She is... and so is Gabriel.

All in all, some characters are so silly, and like I said about Ali Larter's characters, the show could probably do without, but for the most part I think it is very entertaining and certainly much different than a lot of the other crap on tv that is so samey.

Why do you guys watch it if you don't like it? No way would I continue to watch anything I didn't like, just because it's there.

Weren't you listening? It's obviously for the hawt girl-on-girl action.

We'll see what you think when you have caught up.

:)

Anyway, I mostly watch is as a curiosity, seeing how bad it gets before they actually cancel it. Other than House and Big Bang Theory there isn't really much to watch on Mondays anyway. As for why it sucks, it's mostly the constant retconning and lack of coherency in everything starting with the characters all the way up to the powers.

Seriously, after two people with regeneration survived a nuclear explosion, it lost what little internal logic there was left.

This show is a train wreck. Hiro goes back to save Charlie who only appeared in 3 episodes from Season 1 (eps. 8, 9, 10)? I guess he's going to go back to the present and get Peter to save her? Who knows. I don't know where this is going. :thumbsup:

The Charlie stuff was actually one of the better parts of season 1, at least I liked it.

:(

Anyway, I mostly watch is as a curiosity, seeing how bad it gets before they actually cancel it. Other than House and Big Bang Theory there isn't really much to watch on Mondays anyway.

Castle is great. Mostly because of Nathan Fillion. Him and Stana Katic have some pretty good chemistry too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched the episode from last week, the one where Hiro is back in time again. It was really bittersweet, on one hand you had Charlie, Eden and all the things that made Heroes awesome during season 1(and even Kate from Angel), but on the other hand there was the horrible "now we can change the past!" plot disaster, pointless Noah stuff, stretching everything out to no end(you can save Charlie again!) and to top it all off, Mohinder.

It pretty much showed how much potential season 1 had and how far we've gone from that. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have, it's weak rehash of what we have already seen. Not even T-bag can help matters.

I'm sorry, but all this hype about the guy playing Samuel is getting pretty old. Granted, Heroes writing flat out sucks, but his performance his been less than stellar, I'd say. One scene he puts on his weak Irish accent, the next scene it's gone.

I still watch this show weekly, but I honestly don't know why anymore.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

• 3 months later...

It's too bad, really. Season one was pretty epic for the most part. It's hard to say where everything went downhill, but to me the series changed a little bit after the season two episode 'six months back'. They should have stuck to their original plan from the first season and wiped out a few characters. Hiro became really annoying really quickly. Nathans' constant flip flops in character were handled very poorly, even by soap opera standards.

Season two really stumbled with the second half of their episodes. The third was my least favorite. Season four had a glimmer or hope for an episode or two, but it became pretty clear that this show was on its last legs.

Now I wonder where I'll see such blatant advertising. How will I know what Nissan will be putting on the road next?

Ah well, let this be another skidmark on the tail of the pea**** network. After LOST ends, I can't see myself settling down to watch anything else on ABC. I can't remember the last time I watched anything good on CBS or FOX.

It sucks, there's pretty much nothing to look forward to until True Blood returns in June. And another show that became much better as the season progressed was Spartacus: Blood and the Sand, although there's nothing new on that front until January.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It's too bad, really. Season one was pretty epic for the most part. It's hard to say where everything went downhill, but to me the series changed a little bit after the season two episode 'six months back'. They should have stuck to their original plan from the first season and wiped out a few characters. Hiro became really annoying really quickly. Nathans' constant flip flops in character were handled very poorly, even by soap opera standards.

Season two really stumbled with the second half of their episodes. The third was my least favorite. Season four had a glimmer or hope for an episode or two, but it became pretty clear that this show was on its last legs.

Now I wonder where I'll see such blatant advertising. How will I know what Nissan will be putting on the road next?

Ah well, let this be another skidmark on the tail of the pea**** network. After LOST ends, I can't see myself settling down to watch anything else on ABC. I can't remember the last time I watched anything good on CBS or FOX.

It sucks, there's pretty much nothing to look forward to until True Blood returns in June. And another show that became much better as the season progressed was Spartacus: Blood and the Sand, although there's nothing new on that front until January.

From what I can understand (Haven't watched the show since the end of Villians or whatever), Basically all the momentum they built up during writing and production just flat out died during the writers strike (which is why season 2 was short and garbage).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It died during the first season finale.

Peter: I'm going to blow up.

Nate: Hold on a second, Pete, I need to say a few things.

Peter: Uhg, starting to glow.

Nate: Blah blah blah.

Peter: Can you hurry it up? Can't hold it in.

Nate: Blah blah (5 minutes later) blah.

Peter: Arg....

Nate: Blah blah blah...... ok, let's go pete.

I'm sorry, an epic leadup lead to... that ending? :(

Everything after that was just... deathrattles.