The Witcher Enhanced Edition is out!!!

ramza

What was the deal with

Abigail

? Was she lying or telling the truth? Like Kaftan pointed above, there is that dichotomy over the

rape

incident, but I also remember her in possession of that

vodoo doll

Regardless, I did save her in my game and got some sweet b00bie lovin' for my efforts!

While I haven't tried it, I think you can bed her and then give her to the peasants.

You certainly can..

Fortune favors the bald.

I like how I can be a total jerk in Witcher like

I bring a hooker as a date to shani's party, and then react to her proposal by going on a drinking binge followed by more whores and then come home drunk at 4am and verbally abuse her

awesome.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I like how I can be a total jerk in Witcher like

I bring a hooker as a date to shani's party, and then react to her proposal by going on a drinking binge followed by more whores and then come home drunk at 4am and verbally abuse her

awesome.

...don't forget killing

Shani's land-lady

in a drunken stupor.

manthing2.jpg

...don't forget killing

Shani's land-lady

in a drunken stupor.

Whoa, now that's an option i that haven't even though of. Gotta try that one.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is anyone else being frustrated to hell and back when enemies us paralyzing attacks against you? Its so infuriating to watch your character just stand there like a drooling idiot while the enemy massacres you. I think this is a striking example of bad game design, its not acceptable to make a game harder by removing player control. You can have enemies do a ton of damage, use nifty special attacks and so on, but you just cant lock the player out of the game like this.

It was somewhat appropriate in games like BG, when you had wizards that could break paralysis, that was a strategic element. But the way witcher does it just sucks.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually more points in stamina will help, plus I think there is an extra talent that reduces the chance of stun, pain and the like. And of course there are potions that render you immune, can't remember which though.

I was more annoyed at the "cool" finishing moves, which were only cool the first 2-3 times, later they just seemed to hold you up in the excessive slaughter. That's a problem with The Witcher per se, it often tries to be too cool, less would be sometimes more.

Is anyone else being frustrated to hell and back when enemies us paralyzing attacks against you? Its so infuriating to watch your character just stand there like a drooling idiot while the enemy massacres you. I think this is a striking example of bad game design, its not acceptable to make a game harder by removing player control. You can have enemies do a ton of damage, use nifty special attacks and so on, but you just cant lock the player out of the game like this.

It was somewhat appropriate in games like BG, when you had wizards that could break paralysis, that was a strategic element. But the way witcher does it just sucks.

That's true, but it would be a big immersion breaker for me if I could paralyse people left and right, but nobody could paralyse me.

I really hate losing control, but from what I remember, two things:

-> It wasn't that long in the Witcher, so it fitted the Action RPG pace. It was just long enough for you to go OH CRAP, and think about what to do once you're moving again.

-> It's good/fun because it's a very different type of challenge once you can be paralysed. Damage and other things generally doesn't intervene in your 'combat plan'; in many games you can basically draw a plan in your head, and execute it. You might take damage or it might not succeed 100%, but you can just keep doing that. The knowledge that you could be paralysed throws in a twist.

I'd hate it too if it was really long, e.g. having you and Imoen paralysed early game in BG1 with its lengthier charm/hold spell durations. But from my memory.... wasn't it quite short? No?

yeah, all can have their chance reduced by something like 50-65 percent, same with duration,there are also anti stun and ko potions. Trouble is there are always more fun skills to spend points on than stamina upgrades. Hell if you want to see all the combat animations there arent many points for anything else.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

yeah, all can have their chance reduced by something like 50-65 percent, same with duration,there are also anti stun and ko potions. Trouble is there are always more fun skills to spend points on than stamina upgrades. Hell if you want to see all the combat animations there arent many points for anything else.

Well it's the same as with every rpg, there will always be sexier options, but you'll need either stamina/endurance or magical protection, no way around it.

I just downloaded this off from STEAM. So far I like it. Although currently Im already playing another game.

I must say Witcher has already crashed on me due to the incompatibilities from STEAM and the game itself. It happens when i have to press SHIFT TAB to get rid of the STEAM box, then everything goes funky. But now that that is disabled, i love it.

Combat is a little weird, the graphics run smooth. The story seems like it has something to it, and the style is very nice. Im digging it. :o

I got a fair amount of quest related crashes last time I played it. After several quest statuses had changed at the same time while inside, it would then crash when I went back outside. I was able to get past it by doing one thing at a time, going outside to save, back inside to do another dialouge string, going back outside and so forth.

This was particularly bad in the 'private eye section' (trying to avoid spoilers)

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

This was particularly bad in the 'private eye section' (trying to avoid spoilers)

yeah... chapter 2, right? i apparently solved that entire quest line in like one move, and had the thingies updating on my screen like mad. there was humor involved.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

• 2 weeks later...
You can get it for free, but it is a bit of a pain to install, and all the new material is 1,3 gigs total. Still a problem for some.

I guess I will just splurge and get the enhanced version. The packaging looks great and I have heard nothing but good things about the gameplay itself.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."

~President Merkin Muffley

Im finding The Witcher rather dull thanks to the gameplay. The fighting is rank so far, especially while fighting the hellhound. What was up with that? I was getting stunned so badly i couldnt fight back. How am I to fight without a chance? Finally i got lucky and something happened, im not sure what. Arghh This game is not turning out to be to fun because of that. Then again i hated Stalker at first too.... So Maybe I should quit and come back to it when i have the patience.

Im finding The Witcher rather dull thanks to the gameplay. The fighting is rank so far, especially while fighting the hellhound. What was up with that? I was getting stunned so badly i couldnt fight back. How am I to fight without a chance? Finally i got lucky and something happened, im not sure what. Arghh This game is not turning out to be to fun because of that. Then again i hated Stalker at first too.... So Maybe I should quit and come back to it when i have the patience.

Hellhound fight is one of the most annoying in the game. Maybe the most annoying. It's worth at least still trying to keep going for a ways past it. May still not like the game, of course.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Does anyone know if the US Enhanced Withcer Edition is "censored" or not?

do you mean the cards or the language? the cards are still censored as to not have them censored would make an AO rating happen quite swiftly, language isn't.

but if you go on their official forums in the european section there's a simple patch that changes the cards back.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Does anyone know if the US Enhanced Withcer Edition is "censored" or not?

do you mean the cards or the language? the cards are still censored as to not have them censored would make an AO rating happen quite swiftly, language isn't.

but if you go on their official forums in the european section there's a simple patch that changes the cards back.

Thanks Calax.

I guess I can buy it at my local SoCal homie store, and patch it, rather than importing it. :(

Gotta have teh b00bie cards!1

manthing2.jpg