The Witcher Enhanced Edition is out!!!

ramza

I am planning on buying it next week but I would first like to hear some impressions...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The patch for people who already own a registered copy is out as well. American players need to install another patch who restores blood effects. I recommend waiting some weeks for the download because for some reasons, the put the file (gigabytes in size) as a whole for download instead of seeding a torrent. Very short sighted if you ask me :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

That's awesome thank for the heads up. Going to go see if I can get it now.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

43 hours remaining.

lol. This may take a while.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Huge amounts of traffic on their site atm. DLing is basically a no go. Will try later.

Am a little concerned about the fact that I replaced my hard drive recently and will need to reinstall The WItcher on this new one. I am afraid the required re-registration to activate the patch wont work since I have no idea what username I used on the previous instalaltion and registration.

For those who are interested here is a link to a thread on getting the patch:

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16804.0

Be warned: Their site is running very slowly right now.

Whats in the enhanced edition, is it worth paying a third more if you could get the euro version cheap.

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_(video_game)

At GDC 2008, CDProjekt announced an enhanced version of the game which is to be released on September 16, 2008. The significant changes featured in the enhanced version are over 200 new animations, additional NPC models and recoloring of generic NPC models as well as monsters, vastly expanded and corrected dialogues in translated versions, improved stability, and load times reduced by roughly 80%.[28][29][30] In addition all bugs are said to be fixed and the game manual completely overhauled. There are also two new adventures available for players to play through called Side Effects and The Price of Neutrality. A new option is to mix and match 8 different languages of voice and subtitles. For instance, players can now choose to play the game with Polish voices and English subtitles.

Aside from the game enhancements, the box of The Witcher Enhanced Edition will contain a "making of"-DVD, a CD with 29 official in game soundtracks, another CD with "Inspired by" soundtracks and music, a book with the short story The Witcher, from the book The Last Wish, a map of Temeria printed on high quality paper, an overhauled game manual, and the official strategy guide. In addition, the D'jinni Adventure Editor in a complete new and enhanced version will also be on the DVD with the two new Adventures.

The game updates, as well as the box's extras, will be available as a free download for owners of the original version who registered their game on the official forum. The update itself (Patch, 2 Adventures, Main language version) will be 2 GB in size, with 400-600MB for each additional language version.

Furthermore, old savegames are compatible with the Enhanced Edition.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I think it's available on Fileplanet as well.

I'm not on good terms with Fileplanet. :lol:

You can play with Polish voices?!

Hell. Yeah.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I never played the witcher when it came out so I bought it a few weeks ago in anticipation of this relase. However for now im waiting until some faster mirror is able to provide it as it is slow as molasses from the official source.

I went to the store and bough the new version instead of trying to get the patch for the original version.

Installing now.

Good Kieron Gillen article on it.

Apparently over 5000 lines have been re-recorded, plus there are extra character animations. The results are not exactly overwhelming. The character animations are far better, but it's a case them now being acceptable rather than impressive. The translation changes are subtle and welcome, and result in rather less foot-in-mouth moments. To give one example, there's a scene in the original where the Head Witcher tells the others they should treat Love Interest Number 1 with more respect, before calling her "babe". In the new version, they've use the word "child" - so the paternalism they were aiming for now comes across.

tl;dr

Good. Get.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I played through the intro. In the previous version it would have crashed at least once. No crashes in this version. Yay.

This is going to take a while...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm seriously considering downloading all the language packs. At least the English, French, and Polish ones I'm downloading for sure.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Doesn't the American version of this game omit nudity? Is that restored?

Not officially due to ESRB pressure, although I'll PM you the links to some mods if you get the game and want that restored. :rolleyes:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Not officially due to ESRB pressure, although I'll PM you the links to some mods if you get the game and want that restored. :rolleyes:

:rawr: is there a replace the b00bie cards with sexy guys mod yet?

Not officially due to ESRB pressure, although I'll PM you the links to some mods if you get the game and want that restored. :p

:rawr: is there a replace the b00bie cards with sexy guys mod yet?

Evidently, or at least that is what some people over at the official forums have posted in the modding section. :rolleyes:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot