First crushes

kirottu

I'm a strong believer that alcohol doesn't ever make you do anything you didn't already want to do, it just gives you an excuse to act on your impulses.

I think the saying is, "A drunk mouth speaks a sober mind."

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Guest The Architect

No it's not made up. They called it the beer goggles experiment, where they got a bunch of sober men to rate the looks of women from 1 to 10, then rate them after a few drinks. The looks ratings of the same women by the intoxicated men was said to be increased on average by 12-15%. Never heard of any figure as high as 25%, though. It's supposed to lower when the drinks go beyond a certain point of consumption I've heard.

And I agree with you, pi girl. Alcohol to me seems to work as the unofficial, legal truth serum, where most guys are either just too tactful or insecure to generally speak their minds in a sober state, but when intoxicated, what you normally wouldn't hear surfaces itself. If only more people learnt to detach themselves from a reliance on external validation to validate themselves... that's the biggest problem in my opinion.

If you **** a girl you say you wouldn't of ****ed when sober, then I reckon you're full of ****. Truth is most men like to pretend that they have high standards with physical beauty in an attempt to avoid ridicule from their mates, but sex is just too damn a desirable thing that men will take what **** they can get, pretty much anything higher than not ugly.

So don't blame the fatty for ****ing things up with Beth, Gfted1. You brought that on yourself.

Edited by The Architect

As if attractiveness is linear. You don't rate bloody meals 1-10 if you're serious about them. It's what fires your taste buds at the time. It could be a michelin starred sliver of salmon on bulgar wheat. It could be a street trolley hotdog with fried onions and mustard. It could be a single ice-cube.

I think this is what makes a good crush. It should be perfectly in the moment, and perfectly intoxicating.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't think I could remember who was my very first, but I started having vague crushes in 1st or 2nd grade. Kids from school, older guys from youth camps and all that. By 5th and 6th grade I was in a state of constant girly-"crush." :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was in first or second grade on the bus going home. As young as we were, we started getting rowdy and an impromptu game of tag was started in the bus. Admist cries from the driver to sit the hell down, I chased a pretty blonde girl down the aisle. A sudden lurch in the bus made us both trip and fall and I found myself on top of her with her looking up at me.

She gave a shy smile and giggled and I just stared in wonder.

Too bad she had an identical twin sister who I mistakenly approached the next day with some candy.

Ah well, that exact moment still lives on in my memory. :)

and thus started your "hey, little girl, you want some candy" phase in your life.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Only one real crush ever and that was in my High School history class with this girl that sat next to me. I knew she liked me and I liked her, ALOT, but I was a big wuss so nothing ever came of it.

There's always been chicks I've wanted to do, but not really a crush, from all the way to about 3rd grade and maybe even before. But the third grade teacher was like 20ish and had big breasts and wore loose fitting shirts that would be a bit revealing when she'd bend forward in front of the class. Many, MANY a cleavage was seen and many a boy fell victim. She had this weird thing with the Pittsburgh Pirates thoguh becuase she was like the bat girl for like a couple of seasons or something, so everything was devoted to that one baseball team in the class. That's not all, this one girl threw up on the steps of the classroom (we were lucky to get the portables aka trailers by the recess courts where we saw a pigeon molest another pigeon) and it was completely peptobizmal pink and then the janitor threw a bunch of saw dust on it. Good times, good times.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

So you get to feel warmly nostalgic whenever you see puke? Awesome.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

don't really remember the first

it may have been a girl called samantha when i was about 8 years old

she liked me too and gave me, in hindsight, a rather disturbing valentines day card

it was heart shaped and depicted Lisa and Bart Simpson kissing :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

don't really remember the first

it may have been a girl called samantha when i was about 8 years old

she liked me too and gave me, in hindsight, a rather disturbing valentines day card

it was heart shaped and depicted Lisa and Bart Simpson kissing :)

you really dodged the bullet on that one :yucky:

I mean messed up girls will do insane things in the sack but she could do insane things like mutilate you in your sleep and throw it out the window into a moving vehicle. Women are scary.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Guest The Architect

I still haven't gotten out of that "Eww, girls" phase yet. I guess it just takes longer for some guys to get out of. I'm not worried, I'm sure I'll snap out of it one day, right guys?

:lol: yes, I know that feeling. I always half expect a girl to push me out of a tree.

-Elwood Blues

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................

She's taken!

*sobs*

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You know what's ironic is that the guys that never grow out of the eww girls phase are very attractive to women

They respect our perspicacity.

-Elwood Blues

Well there goes my first and only crush.

Shouldn't have waited.

Damn.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest The Architect
You know what's ironic is that the guys that never grow out of the eww girls phase are very attractive to women

Which would explain why it's not uncommon for a woman to say, "I wish that guy was straight!".

Meh, women want a partner who is unthreatening, periodically. Just like guys occasionally want a bimbo. Women like the notion of a guy who only fancies them who will be easy to keep.

-Elwood Blues