GC 2008 screenshots

...Whatever way you bring your missions to a successful end, you will be rewarded with points to spend in your various abilities in a way that closely resembles BioWare's Mass Effect...

Wait, don't they mean, 'closely resembles a thousand other games out there'?

...Whatever way you bring your missions to a successful end, you will be rewarded with points to spend in your various abilities in a way that closely resembles BioWare's Mass Effect...

Oh, yes, of course Mass Effect came up with that system - who else could have been that clever? Look, even the creators of Dungeons and Dragons went back in time and copied the game! ;)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That's right, because according to Gamespy, Mass Effect is "Roleplaying perfected", so it's now the gold standard by which all RPG's will be measured.

*shrugs* Better than having Oblivion as the gold standard.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's the revolutionary Experience Points System !

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That's right, because according to Gamespy, Mass Effect is "Roleplaying perfected", so it's now the gold standard by which all RPG's will be measured.

*shrugs* Better than having Oblivion as the gold standard.

Not by much, judging from what I've heard about Mass Effect.... ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Whatever way you bring your missions to a successful end, you will be rewarded with points to spend in your various abilities in a way that closely resembles BioWare's Mass Effect

Sounds more like Bloodlines to me. Do you get any XP for killing mooks?

20795.jpg

I doubt it. One of the things we all loved about (unmodded) Deus Ex was that you could sneak your way through the whole game and yield equal reward as a rambo type. Bloodlines sort of did that too, but the design wasn't terribly accomodating to stealth in most cases, and what little support there was ended at the mob mansion. If Obs thinks like we do they'll figure goal-oriented character development is the best option.

does this game have hyperventilating mechanics for such occurences?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

We should get back to the fine tradition of putting in Obsidian dev faces into these screenshots.

oooohh! I think I know perfect pic for it *hikes off to search it*

edit: oh no, MCA made his wonderful blog private D':

WHYY, HOW COULD YOU MR AVELLONE?

where do I now get my fix for stick comics goodness? *baww*

edit2: This seriously sucks and I can't seem to get over it. What did I do wrong? *sniff*

edit3: I hope this doesn't end up in an heroing >_<

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

You should add blinking mechanics like in Alone in the Dark, even when in third person, and during combat.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Heh, somebody slaps you in the face with a wet squid and you get blinded by the ink... play the next 60 seconds in complete darkness :w00t:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

does this game have hyperventilating mechanics for such occurences?

Mechanics who hyperventilate or mechanics governing hyperventilation? It's an important distinction that will be relevant in the future.

In this particular case the correct answer is the latter variable.

DAKKADAKKADAKKA

In this particular case the correct answer is the latter variable.

DAKKADAKKADAKKA

Then I'm sorry, but I have nothing to offer you at this time.

Really? Oh man, this game will suck. :(

Please don't sacrifice content for graphics.

Please do that for great justice and lulz!