China did it

Xard

The only reason I was interested in the olympic games (except hoping for bad mistakes by the hypocrite nation that is china) is gone. A colleague (Manuela Bezzola) lost the first Taekwondo fight already -_- Ah well, life goes on, and she's still pretty damn good, otherwise she wouldn't have been there :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

USAIN BOLT IS MADMAN <3<3<3<3<3<3

That was just ridiculous. He beat the "impossible to beat" record AND against wind. WTF man

He ran 9.65 per 100 M btw which is faster than his 100 meter record from couple of days ago!

WTF

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Nelson

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That was just ridiculous. He beat the "impossible to beat" record AND against wind. WTF man

He ran 9.65 per 100 M btw which is faster than his 100 meter record from couple of days ago!

WTF

Yeah, that is impressive. The only other person that did that was Michael Johnson in 96 when he went 19.32.

I'm an MJ loyalist, so I won't recognize Bolt's feats until the drug testing results have been posted.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Team USA (men's and women) botched their handoffs in the 4x100m relay.

C'MON People. It's not that damn hard to pass the baton cleanly in the zones. Jeeze. Fire the coaches.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Controversy in the Taekwondo!!!

Sarah Stevenson of Britain lost to Zhong Chen in the quarter-final. Stevenson's final kick to the head looked to have scored two points and got her the victory, but the judges didn't see it. She went out. Then Britain appealed, and the appeal was upheld (apparently this is unprecedented). Now Stevenson is waiting to come on for her semi-final, the Chinese have re-appealed, and the crowd seems determined to keep shouting until the local favourite is reinstated.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

WTF

Yeah, that is impressive. The only other person that did that was Michael Johnson in 96 when he went 19.32.

I'm an MJ loyalist, so I won't recognize Bolt's feats until the drug testing results have been posted.

Yeah, well, MJ was beaten here.

Usain Bolt: 3 Golds and 3 World Records.

LOL!

I doubt there has been substances involved:

A) It is scientific fact Jamaica holds fastest genes in the world

B) he was way too overpowering to be achievement of drugs

C) He has perfect physiologue for those contests. Having that gigantic legs is huge advantage

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I completely stand by his actions becuase it makes a hilarious picture.

Also the wrestler who got disqualified becuase he through his bronze down and stormed out of the building finally had this match reviewed and was judged he was right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/w...p&type=lgns

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Also the wrestler who got disqualified becuase he through his bronze down and stormed out of the building finally had this match reviewed and was judged he was right.

Right or wrong isn't really the point. Good sportsmanship is hugely important and this guy lacks it.

Right or wrong isn't really the point. Good sportsmanship is hugely important and this guy lacks it.

It can be hard to keep up the appearance of a good sportsmanship when the referees are robbing you blind though. I know I would have a hard time to pretend that I enjoy being cheated.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Having watched the opening ceremony, the games themselves and now the closing ceremony, Olympic games in Atlanta, Sydney and Athens seem so beneath all the Chinese have showed, they truly taught the entire world how a spectacle is made!!!

Outstanding work China :lol:

they pwned teh world

Jimmy Page = winrar

Guest The Architect

Are you ****ing kidding me? Alright? That closing ceremony was bloody terrific. Mark my words, London is not going to beat what the Chinese threw to the table.

Yeah, but all the posh has no real substance to it. Especially with the allegations of them using underaged athletes in gymnastics along with the whole human rights problem they have. All style. No substance.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Yeah, but all the posh has no real substance to it. Especially with the allegations of them using underaged athletes in gymnastics along with the whole human rights problem they have. All style. No substance.

Congratz, want medal for Stupidest Post of the Day?

Define "substance" in this context

Explain why "they" "using" underaged athletes (is it even real?) is wrong if athletes themselves want it - if this whole thing happened at all, all I know are some rumors.

What that has to do with human rights problems and what does it have to do with great showcase of will and skill of chinese people?

Edited by Xard

Are you ****ing kidding me? Alright? That closing ceremony was bloody terrific. Mark my words, London is not going to beat what the Chinese threw to the table.

A number of articles in the UK press today suggest that the London organisers already have a few ideas about how to make the next games different, if not better. In particular, getting more active participation and support from the people (so many venues in Beijing were empty most of the time or filled with 'volunteers', not actual sports-lovers) - I guess that has a lot to do with how ticketing is handled. They're also going for more of a party atmosphere. We'll have to see what that ends up meaning.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Congratz, want medal for Stupidest Post of the Day?

Define "substance" in this context

Explain why "they" "using" underaged athletes (is it even real?) is wrong if athletes themselves want it - if this whole thing happened at all, all I know are some rumors.

What that has to do with human rights problems and what does it have to do with great showcase of will and skill of chinese people?

Hey, you have your opinion and I have mine. Your opinion is as stupid as mind, so don't go throwing stones at glass houses. Also I don't see why my post should warrant such hostility. If you get this level of anger over a few words on some random internet forum I think you have anger management issues. As for why using underaged athletes is wrong, it is because the Olympic rules state no athlete is to be under the age of 16. That is the rules of the Games. As for the human rights thing, that is simply my opinion. I can't get excited about pretty lights and sounds when there is underlying problems of a nation.

You may not agree, and that is fine. There is no need to be so defensive.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

You may not agree, and that is fine. There is no need to be so defensive.

I would go as far as to say there is no need to be so offensive. Take your medicine Xard :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just in case any of you people are media shut-ins I've found some relatively reputable sites for the news story about the underage athletes:

Explains the whole thing and ends on a critical (of China and the IOC) note. [The Telegraph]

Britains primary interest in getting He sentenced as a cheater for all you anglo-critical people out there.[The Telegraph]

American POV and some stuff on China censoring the internet.[The Times]

Some interesting explanations from the hacker that started the whole thing.[The Times]

I don't know who is right in this case but it does seem that the IOC should perhaps ask for better proof of an athletes age as too many people are all too willing to cheat in order to win.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif