What you did today

Gorth

So I found out an acquaintance of mine died from brain surgery yesterday. About junior/senior year he was diagnosed with brain cancer and subsequently went under the knife. He lost hearing in one ear and some slight facial control loss and needed to relearn how to swallow becuase he had a feeding tube for so long however besides that he seemed to have a clean bill of health and on the right track. I suppose it came back and he didn't make it this time. I didn't know him well besides playing a few games of poker at his house and a few instances of hanging out with the same friends but he was a really cool cat and its pretty sad for his family.

Anyways, school begins Monday and then Thursday I start work. Should be pretty insane for the next few months but I'm welcoming it since I've been doing the antithesis the past 3 months. I'm just wondering whether or not I should continue past the semester and break to work. I know I should to get the 1 year mark down on a resume but it means I'll have to split schools again which not only makes thing more difficult since the university sucks but its also basically negates my scholarship, unless I fill out some bs paper work, making it cost more money. It's not exactly that big of a deal since we can easily afford it but its the principle. The principle of when organizations get big they become unruly bastardized institutions of retardom and I hate them and I don't want to go there but they are the only ones who offer anything worthwhile. And then I went to my other school today and bought books and freakin 170 dollars for one classes book becuase its like freakin 3 books in one package but its intro to info systems so its crap about word and stuff. I want to find the person responsible for this and systematically break them mentally and physically with a blunt object. They should just ditch the title of universities and just call themselves [something else entirely].

Edited by SteveThaiBinh to remove offensive phrasing.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Today I ordered some more new shoes. I love shoes, they're great.

-10 man points

I think I lost all of my man points when those pictures of me wearing a corset, complete with stuffed bra to give me some great looking boobs surfaced on the internet tbh. Having another 10 taken off is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

i'll admit, i'm curious :rolleyes:

bi-curious? >_<

I am marinating a Bison Roast for dinner tonight.

Bison? I suppose you Canucks eat things like that including moose and elk. Or it could be a dragon thing for eating large animals. >_

Bison is pretty tasty. :rolleyes:

Yes :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Speaking of bison: I'm badly hung over right now, thanks to three different vodkas we tried yesterday. On of them had a single "bison grass" in it, and it was actually the first vodka I liked the way it was. I was sorry for that today, spent four hours on the toilet hoping I wouldn't get sick again.

On the bright side, I looked really cool for some time, like a zombie. Totally blood red eyes, face so pale you could see all the veins, and shadows around the eyes I couldn't have drawn better if I tried :(

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I watched the cinematic trailer for wrath of the lich king about 27 times since yesterday and it only gets better with age. If you'd like it's conveniently located in my signature with the narration as well so you can read along or even recite it aloud if you are so inclined. Of course I won't be playing wrath of the lich king becuase I hate mmo's but it's definitely an awesome watch becuase blizzard is number 1 developer and the level of design in this movie is so excruciatingly awesome it must be seen my many. Imagine an animated movie of that quality. It'd be heaven.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Today I ordered some more new shoes. I love shoes, they're great.

-10 man points

I think I lost all of my man points when those pictures of me wearing a corset, complete with stuffed bra to give me some great looking boobs surfaced on the internet tbh. Having another 10 taken off is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

i'll admit, i'm curious :)

bi-curious? :*

you wish hutt-boy ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Bought flight tickets for my Christmas trip to Europe. Besides the usual stopover in Singapore, it looks like I am going to have another short break in Zurich. Too short to visit the city itself and I wonder if I am missing out on something? Unfortunately I just can't squeeze in an extra day there... sadly. Maybe next time.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got off a 48 hour long bus ride from Chicago to Sacramento. then saw some friends and tried to catch up with everything that's happened within the past month.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Last week of vacation before uni starts again, kicked it off with a nice buzz of wine and beer with the missus. I didn't even know they sold beer in 1,25 litre bottles here. It's like 3 Finnish pints, ingenious idea. The wine was just Malbec, but alright in the long run.

It's the last time I'll babysit someone's little sister with her though. Talk about killjoy. And it's not even that the brat was annoying, completely opposite actually, way brighter than I was at that age, but that we were stupid enough to promise to look after her.

Today, I should probably go pay the rent and sent in a job application, but there's the Rise of the Witch King to kill some major time and hobbits.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bought flight tickets for my Christmas trip to Europe. Besides the usual stopover in Singapore, it looks like I am going to have another short break in Zurich. Too short to visit the city itself and I wonder if I am missing out on something? Unfortunately I just can't squeeze in an extra day there... sadly. Maybe next time.
I don't think you're missing out much (except me probably :o). It's just a city. There are no roman ruins in it, and it isn't in the mountains. You can see mountains in the distance however, and there's a river and a lake, some kind of split old town, shopping for the rich, shopping for the alternative, way too expensive pubs and clubs. Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I don't think you're missing out much (except me probably :o). It's just a city. There are no roman ruins in it, and it isn't in the mountains. You can see mountains in the distance however, and there's a river and a lake, some kind of split old town, shopping for the rich, shopping for the alternative, way too expensive pubs and clubs.

Dang, you live in Zurich? I'll have to make a mental note of that, just in case I pass through again (expensive pubs or not) :down:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sitting at work with nothing to do. Absolutely nothing. I've been so busy I have not had time to think for weeks. Now all I can do is read my new issue of Popular Mechanics, surf the web, and watch the clock. Maybe I'll order Chinese for lunch. Watching the Olympics has me jonesing for Kung Pow chicken. This afternoon I'm going to this cool furniture store called Wood You. They make all wood furniture and do custom jobs to. I've always wanted a really cool desk and bookcase. Then I'm going to see the puppies and take them to the park.

Writing this took 3 minutes. Only six more hours to kill.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Drove by the house for the first time in over a week today. They have all the siding on now and are starting to add drywall to the interior. Only two more weeks hopefully. It's looking like they will finish on time. :ermm:

post-10997-1219701429_thumb.jpg

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Looks awesome GD. Once the landscaping goes in (if you have it int he budget :ermm:) and it should definitely be awesome. Congrats.

Off to see the Petroforms @ the Whiteshell.

You lucky Dragon, you...

I think I'll have to add the Carnac stones to my "to-do" list :ermm:

Well, I have a bit of a dilemma that I still have not really figured out how to deal with. It seems that this one particular person who always hits on every girl in the class* -despite the fact that he always claims to either be engaged or in a "long term relationship" when introducing himself to them- is back in Latin and has really started almost harassing one member who just moved here and knows nothing about the aforementioned wannabe-stalker. Now I really do not want to get into an altercation with this person, alarming git that he is, but I would also like to tell the aforementioned victim of his advances about his history before something happens (a good friend of mine almost had to physically defended herself against this guy a few semesters ago but did not report it due to several personal reasons I will not get into here without her direct permission, and I know others have had similar experiences) to her physically or mentally. I guess I sort of feel more strongly about these sorts of issues, but the entire situation seems like a rapist feeling out new victims. Anyways, I think I might send an anonymous e-mail laying out the whole story and encouraging the person not to get involved with the creep - or would that not be enough? Oh well, I need to think about this... :)

*He uses the exact same lines with each girl and repeats the same story about he's "fighting with his girlfriend/wife/fiance" and "really feels a connection" with his latest target.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot