Dragon Age

Or maybe they're just purging the forums.

hell, it's about time someone put those sad forums out of their misery: year after year of folk debating the barest sketches of info, endlessly speculating what the game might be like based on the most minimal of throwaway comments by developers and otherwise sucking Bio's big fat one.

Blizzard's announcement is clearly a kick in the pants for Bio, though. Diablo 3 may be over a year from release but we already have gameplay videos, world maps, character profiles, etc.

DA, by contrast, was announced four frakking years ago and so far we've seen buttkiss. At last Bio are pulling finger.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

When asked by an analyst about which of EA's new intellectual properties would be among its internal top 10 bestsellers for 2008, Riccitiello began listing his picks. "Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, Spore, Dead Space, including subscriptions Warhammer [Online]--but that won't show up in NPD, Battlefield: Bad Company...that'll certainly get in there," he predicted. Then, the executive added "Saboteur and Dragon Age" before quickly tacking on the qualifier, "but those two won't make the calendar year because they're coming in fiscal Q4." EA's fiscal year ends on March 31, 2009, which means that both games will now arrive in the first three months of next year.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6192703.html

"hell, it's about time someone put those sad forums out of their misery: year after year of folk debating the barest sketches of info, endlessly speculating what the game might be like based on the most minimal of throwaway comments by developers and otherwise sucking Bio's big fat one.

Blizzard's announcement is clearly a kick in the pants for Bio, though. Diablo 3 may be over a year from release but we already have gameplay videos, world maps, character profiles, etc.

DA, by contrast, was announced four frakking years ago and so far we've seen buttkiss. At last Bio are pulling finger."

D3 is irrelevant.

And, the devlopers give more than minimal information on the topic.

P.S. It's funny that you ahrdly ever post but a mention of DA gets you whining rather quickly. L0L Obviously, you'll be first in line to buy it when it comes out.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

D3 is irrelevant.

it is?

funny, because Bio would give its left nut to make a game as irrelevant as D3.

And, the devlopers give more than minimal information on the topic.

you mean Bio? don't make me larf. DA was announced 2004 and what the frak do we know about it?

let's see - we know:

• it's set in some place called Felderen
  • PCs will have a choice of origin stories
  • magic is mana-based

that, folks, are the three 3 things i've learnt about DA since it was announced four years ago.

impressive, huh?

P.S. It's funny that you ahrdly ever post but a mention of DA gets you whining rather quickly.

whatever keeps you amused, buddy.

Obviously, you'll be first in line to buy it when it comes out.

dunno about being first in line but - unless the reviews are Pools of Radiance bad - i've no reason to think i won't buy it.

it ain't like CRPG fans are spoiled for choice right now.

Edited by newc0253

"you mean Bio? don't make me larf. DA was announced 2004 and what the frak do we know about it?

let's see - we know:

it's set in some place called Felderen

PCs will have a choice of origin stories

magic is mana-based"

That's all YOU know. Some of us know lots more than that. Lots have been shared about the game.

Nice try, though.

That's all YOU know. Some of us know lots more than that. Lots have been shared about the game.

lots, huh?

okay, then. what's the full list of playable races?

oh. you don't know.

classes?

oh, you don't know that either.

maybe even some stats?

damn, volourn, just what do you know?

so it took four years for folks to figure out there will be dragons in Dragon Age?

and also ruins?

and religion?

and currency?

Bio sure is generous with the details, huh?

DA will make a big change from all those other pristine, atheistic, money-free fantasy CRPGs we've all been playing.

Edited by newc0253

Read some more. You are apparantly blind.

One example is that we do *know* what the classes will be.

But, hey, continue in ignorance. It's cool to laugh at. :thumbsup:

Hopefully there will be gameplay-video of some sort released. Or even better, a tutorial that shows gameplay mechanics and character customization as well.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just wish Bioware would have found something inetersting to work on, rather than just another damn fantasy RPG. i can already make a pretty good guess at what the plot is going to be

"The big bad race who created everything is returning to do naughty things to everyone in the realm. You, the generic fantasy hero, must collect all X pieces of the magic thingie that is the only thing that can stop them. There will be a wide range of available sterotypes like elves of dubious sexuality and grumpy midgets."

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm surprised at how negative some of the posts are in this thread.

1. We know pretty little about the game

2. We weren't exactly drowning in good RPGs.

This year has been a pleasant surpise with ME, Witcher, and MotB, but we had a pretty good dry spell for a bit. Between Fallout 2 and Dragon Age, we've got a pretty promising future too. Heck, even if you hate a couple of these titles, the fact is it is good for the genre as a whole. If RPG's are succeeding, you'll see more studios willing to try their hand at them, and more risks taken in order to find a place in the market.

I just wish Bioware would have found something inetersting to work on, rather than just another damn fantasy RPG. i can already make a pretty good guess at what the plot is going to be

"The big bad race who created everything is returning to do naughty things to everyone in the realm. You, the generic fantasy hero, must collect all X pieces of the magic thingie that is the only thing that can stop them. There will be a wide range of available sterotypes like elves of dubious sexuality and grumpy midgets."

Well, seeing as they already said that their elves are NOT going to be like that, you've already done what newc did and ignored what was already provided.

Seeing as they're doing their own rules system for the game, one they intend to make viable for PnP gaming as well as CRPGs, and other projects have had higher priority, I don't see the need for the vitriol displayed. Other than the typical "Obsidian-posters must hate on Bioware at every opportunity; no matter the working relationship between the two" mentality. I personally don't get that mentality, since I'd rather the PC RPG sector have several strong and healthy companies, myself.

Anyway, new IPs tend to be more secretive than sequels or such. Although I'd have liked more information, and I don't take anything by faith from 'any' developer, I can understand their not being open with information to date without calling DA vaporware, which it's not been. Bioware has been pretty open about the fact that development on this was never fast-tracked until recently.