Diablo 3 Officially Announced

Humodour

Umm, It's Diablo 3 the biggest PC release in whichever year it will finally be released.

Unless EP3/HL3 is released the same year

That has zero to do with whether a specific individual is actually interested in the game. :)

I still don't have a cellphone, if that helps explain my old-fogieness. If I don't like the sound of it and I don't need it, I don't get it.

Geez grandma, who let you on the web? :)

I can totally understand your position and my reply was aimed at our glorious new emperor's post.

Yeah...while I personally do like some hack n slash games and did want a Diablo3, I haven't felt much excitement about it yet, plus I'm moving towards being less interested in games overall to begin with...so it's easier to let go of it this time around.

After doing the things you did with FNV, I'm hardly surprised you're losing interest :)

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Geez grandma, who let you on the web? :)

angry-grandma-thumb.jpg

After doing the things you did with FNV, I'm hardly surprised you're losing interest :)

I've been slowly losing interest for five years. Don't buy that many per year anymore. FNV was the first game in a long time that I played to death like that. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've been slowly losing interest for five years. Don't buy that many per year anymore. FNV was the first game in a long time that I played to death like that. :)

Ah, well, that I can understand. I'm just waiting for that one last grand RTS/RPG/FPS game to play before I retire.

That makes 3 games actually, but you get my drift.

Musing//

One less if you count the first Witcher as the last word of creative fantasy RPG's.

Half Life 3 and Homeworld 3 perhaps as the other two.

Fitting somehow as Half Life was the first game I bought.

So is there anyone who actually plays SCII multiplayer?

like for reals? not me, i played about 10 casual games online before getting bored though. competitive rts just isn't my thing, i like hoarding resources and building tons of buildings for no reason and making armies 10x larger than required to finish the level, none of that works in the competitive game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So is there anyone who actually plays SCII multiplayer?

Here? Yes.

In the world? Lots of people. :)

For those thinking about playing SC2, there's a free "starter edition":

https://eu.battle.net/account/sc2/starter-edition/index.xml

That's just a renamed demo.

It's nice that it allows to try some basic multiplayer but the full game is still blizzard-overpriced.

Some retailers had it at about 10-20 US$ or EU? on release, and it's been on sale at various places since. You'd have to do a bit of searching, though.

Edited by MrBrown

Some retailers had it at about 10-20 US$ or EU? on release, and it's been on sale at various places since. You'd have to do a bit of searching, though.

Impossible. I had to pay 55 EUR, as all Activision games are shamelessly overpriced.

Not that I complain, Blizzard games are worth it.

What retailers sells it at such a low price? Even today I'd have to fork out 50 EUR for SC2, as Activision games never ever really drop in price.

Well it would cost me 40E with customs. Still 10E cheaper than what I can get it for here.

Is that the german language version?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

like for reals? not me, i played about 10 casual games online before getting bored though. competitive rts just isn't my thing, i like hoarding resources and building tons of buildings for no reason and making armies 10x larger than required to finish the level, none of that works in the competitive game.

Its called enjoying the game and competitive players are oblivious to it.

Penny Arcade sure can be cowardly apologists when it counts! Nice to know they don't change! :p

Always fun to see people's reactions when they are the butt of a joke. This one's pretty good, right here. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You could read the accompanying blog posts instead of getting all worked up over nothing...

What is true, absolutely true, is that Blizzard does not allow people to play Diablo III while they are not connected live to their servers. It is at this point that interpretation, reason, and cynicism create a drifting mobile of warring, caustic realities.

To put things diplomatically, this is a matter about which Gabriel and I do not agree. The growing ubiquity of Internet access keeps him from feeling any tremendous sympathy for the increasingly thin band of edge cases. Plus, and this may be applied as a generality, he is unfond of hippies and this type of complaint is situated in the continuum of Hippie-Type ****, like how James tipped your bong after a monster rip and the whole ****ing thing is seriously like whatever.

For my part, and I?m not, like, The Lord or anything, but the gulf between able to install a Spawn copy of the game and not being able to play offline at all seems pretty deep. Don?t really know what else to tell you. I saw that Blizzard came out with a response response, expressing their surprise at the consumer reaction, when this is more or less how consumers react every single time they learn the precise circumference of their golden leash.

By their own admission, Diablo isn?t not really focused around a PVP experience; if you?re playing with someone who has duped items or whatever, all it means is that you will be more likely to defeat Satan. Without a means to gain advantage over another, ?cheating? as a concept becomes substantially more opaque. Who is the cheated party, precisely? Satan the Devil? **** him, who cares.

Who is being cheated? This is the part of the movie where, in a series of retrospective realizations cut with you looking at your own face in the rearview mirror, you come bit by bit to the heart of it. The person you are cheating is Blizzard, Blizzard in the aggregate, with your attempts to interfere with their digital marketplace. You mustn?t play offline or goof around with your files or any other naughty business because they are endeavoring to transform your putative ownership into a revenue stream.

There, now don?t you feel better?

(CW)TB out.

Penny Arcade sure can be cowardly apologists when it counts! Nice to know they don't change! :lol:

Always fun to see people's reactions when they are the butt of a joke. This one's pretty good, right here. :)

That's not a simple joke, and you're being intellectually dishonest right now. Then again, not news for you.

Is that the german language version?

Yes, but IIRC you have to register the game on battle.net. Than you can download the english client.

Confirmed, thanks.

Then again, these are the people I'd be playing with:

Is it worth it? :lol:

Always fun to see people's reactions when they are the butt of a joke. This one's pretty good, right here. :lol:

Well to be fair he handled it well. No flouncing off or /exit'ing!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra