Diablo 3 Officially Announced

Humodour

Penny Arcade sure can be cowardly apologists when it counts! Nice to know they don't change! :lol:

Always fun to see people's reactions when they are the butt of a joke. This one's pretty good, right here. :)

That's not a simple joke, and you're being intellectually dishonest right now. Then again, not news for you.

The difference between trolls and me is that trolls provoke you to make you snap in a childish way, while I try to provoke thinking, when I perceive a lack of it. Of course, I probably have a really low success rate, but it hasn't stopped me, yet.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The difference between trolls and me is that trolls provoke you to make you snap in a childish way, while I try to provoke thinking, when I perceive a lack of it. Of course, I probably have a really low success rate, but it hasn't stopped me, yet.

You perceive a lack of thinking every time anyone disagrees with you. How about reflecting on that, lawyer? :lol:

You perceive a lack of thinking every time anyone disagrees with you. How about reflecting on that, lawyer? :lol:

Your perception about my choice to make a point is woefully misplaced. I think that actibliz are colossal tools, and my opinion is only amplified by their drm solutions. However, I also view people who create elaborate scenarios (hotel wlan?) to make it appear that such a drm would give anyone any practical problems as tools. :)

In fact, I think most people are tools (including probably myself), but that's neither here nor there...

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Blizzard never cared about the competition. They have released games in December, January, February, July.... and they always sold tons.

Acti would not want to have their own two games competing with each other.

Last year, CoD was released in November, and WoW Cataclysm in early December.

That means that you are wrong, and I stand correct.

im guessing december at the earliest, but more likely feb or march

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's a Blizzard game, enormous whining is guaranteed even if it is the best game ever made.

:lol: Too true.

....you guys kill me. :lol:

I may not be purchasing the game, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the YT Let's Plays and hearing from my buddies about what they think of it. It's always interesting to watch the hoopla over a Blizzard title even if one isn't playing. I didn't buy SC2, either, because I didn't even like SC1 so just not interested...but it was fun to hear about it from friends and articles.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

it's weird, i really feel like blizzard, and the players of blizzard games, became very very different after WoW was released than what they were like before WoW.

like, nowadays if someone says they love blizzard, you could bet $1000 that they play or played WoW, and you would be making a REALLY safe bet that they probably weren't big Warcraft: Orcs and Humans fans.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

for fun, my rank of blizzard games (ranked according to how awesome i thought they were AT THE TIME OF RELEASE, not what i'd most like to replay today)

1. Diablo 1

2. Warcraft 2

3. Starcraft

4. Warcraft 1

5. Diablo 2

6. Starcraft 2

7. Warcraft 3

(these are the only blizzard games i've played, so i can't judge the others)

Edited by entrerix

for fun, my rank of blizzard games (ranked according to how awesome i thought they were AT THE TIME OF RELEASE, not what i'd most like to replay today)

1. Diablo 1

2. Warcraft 2

3. Starcraft

4. Warcraft 1

5. Diablo 2

6. Starcraft 2

7. Warcraft 3

(these are the only blizzard games i've played, so i can't judge the others)

I'm in agreement. Except I didn't play WC 1 and 2 until much later, when the novelty had long worn off.

Lost Vikings would be right under Diablo 1, for me.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

despite the fact that its been a while since blizzard released a game that truly blew me away, my expectations are extremely high for diablo 3. i'm probably going to take the day off work to play it when it gets released

edit: and while i did actually play lost vikings, it was only for a few hours at a friends house when we rented it from blockbuster, i didn't know it was a blizzard game until about 10 years later.

Edited by entrerix

despite the fact that its been a while since blizzard released a game that truly blew me away, my expectations are extremely high for diablo 3. i'm probably going to take the day off work to play it when it gets released

I'd try it out or watch someone else play for an hour or two out of sheer curiosity.

Apart from the Lost Vikings which was a nice little game, for me Blizzard is the video gaming equivalent of Satan.

They're the proof that for every effort to make a Baldur's Gate II and Homeworld, there'll be someone to make an insidious counterpart that akin to James Cameron's movies further retards the generally low standards of the masses, by giving them what they want instead of what they need.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

really? i don't remember diablo 1 being avatar. i remember it being awesome. diablo 2 was a little disappointing, but only because of how good diablo 1 was.

edit: also.... didn't diablo predate baldurs gate?? how could it be the insidious counterpart? i think you either need to refresh your memory, or we're talking about two different things...

Edited by entrerix

really? i don't remember diablo 1 being avatar. i remember it being awesome. diablo 2 was a little disappointing, but only because of how good diablo 1 was.

edit: also.... didn't diablo predate baldurs gate?? how could it be the insidious counterpart?

Diablo 1 was an arcade clickfest posing as an RPG.

I'm aware of the chronology, but its not important as I was essentially taking about popularity and making a broad comparison. Besides, Diablo II and BGII were released at the same time if I recall correctly.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor