ME: male or female?

In any case the shadows on some of the female shepard hairdos are a bit screwed up.

I wouldn't limit it to that. Both my character and 2 or 3 of the first NPCs I met had bizarre angular splotches on their face that went away when I turned dynamic shadows off.

In any case the shadows on some of the female shepard hairdos are a bit screwed up.

I wouldn't limit it to that. Both my character and 2 or 3 of the first NPCs I met had bizarre angular splotches on their face that went away when I turned dynamic shadows off.

Sometimes this happens on noses as well, or the hairpiece won't cast the right shadow on the forehead. It actually breaks the graphics more than anything, I don't get why this made it into the game.

EDIT: On the 360 version anyways.

EDIT: Also, black shepard just doesn't feel right with the voice.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Black main characters never really feel right since they're always voiced by white people.

and white characters don't sound right when voiced by a black person (see Xmen Legends Magma)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

ME is one of the few game I play female (and I only do that because of erm... Liara :))

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

and white characters don't sound right when voiced by a black person (see Xmen Legends Magma)

We should not put it as black and white as that since a lot in voices come not from the actors but how we hear the voices and what we make of them.

I didn't get that Joker was the guy who did Scott Evil before I looked on IMDB, now it is completely obvious.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Surprisingly, I could imagine male Shepahrd being voiced by Asian man due to the contribution of his robotic voice.

In the end, I would like to see a voice altering system in the next sequel where you could have some freedom in adjusting Shepard's voice by pitch. Something similar to Metal Gear Online.

Edited by Zoma

I'm half-way through the game with a male Shepard, but I'm seriously considering starting over with a female char. The voice actor is ****ing atrocious.

20795.jpg

At least Hale is capable of expressing emotions other than "I'm tough, and you are not. Suck it down.".

Ditto. At least I feel immersed during gameplay with fewer moments of rolling my eyes during certain line deliveries.

At least Hale is capable of expressing emotions other than "I'm tough, and you are not. Suck it down.".

Ditto. At least I feel immersed during gameplay with fewer moments of rolling my eyes during certain line deliveries.

to what could you compare the male voice? for what kind of character might it stil be working well?

IB1OsQq.png

It is not a matter of comparison, but rather how he delivered the lines. He certainly has a good voice, but the VA simply did not invest much emotions into the lines necessary.

A good example would be during the conversations with the playable NPCs in Normandy. During intimate lines in getting to know the crew, be it with Wrex or Ashley and Kaidan, Hale delivers them with a soft and quiet voice that expresses intimacy and sincerety. That itself gives the player a sense wearing the shoes of a big sister role with the crew. The Male Shepherd on the other hand speaks in a manner where I felt at times, invested in too little emotions and simply just reading from the script. Hence I coined the term 'robotic'.

I understand there are cheesy lines in ME, but if you speak those lines with the absence of the GARness Hale manages to capture to a degree that the male VA is unable to, the line just comes off with eye rolling moments.

Edited by Zoma

Hmmm... It appears that the new SecuROM imbeds itself in the registry.

post-17979-1213223633_thumb.jpg

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Already have.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It really depends on what it does when it's in the registry, and how hard it really is to get rid of it - but yeah, sounds like no Mass Effect for me then.

I'm pretty sure SecuRom has been adding itself to the registry for a long time. I have a SecuRom entry, and another one underneath NWN2 in the registry.

But Bioware said it wouldn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.