Euro 2008

Hildegard

Portugal did look impressive last night. But I'm afraid Ronaldo is simply the most punchable man on the planet. I'm amazed he can walk the streets without being pelted with rubbish like some sort of flashy leper.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect
I've learned to not have my hopes that high when it comes to Euro and WC.

And rightly so. Sweden is always going to fail on the big stage. :ermm:

It won't be long before we surpass you in the FIFA world rankings, and do better than you in the World Cup. :ermm:

Portugal did look impressive last night. But I'm afraid Ronaldo is simply the most punchable man on the planet. I'm amazed he can walk the streets without being pelted with rubbish like some sort of flashy leper.

Still sore about that bit of skulduggery at the world cup ehh

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

silly, grudgy brittons ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If it were possible for a man to be literally the subject of his simile with certain procreative organs, Ronaldo would be that man.

I'm only half English. I get to be mardi when I feel like it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Austria surprisingly not-so-sucky and manages a 1-0 loss against Croatia, while Germany in first half is now 1-0 up against Poland.

Centre-half lured out and Klose free, handed it on a platter to Podolski.

Ronaldo winks and he is evil incarnate, Rooney stomps on someone's family jewels, and he is the greatest player ever.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

They're both people you would never want to be friends with, really.

On a comical note, has anyone seen Erwin Olaf's photoshoot of the Dutch squad? I mean, seriously. This 'fierce passion' and 'heroism' thing they have going with sport is getting hilariously stupid. The "ENDURE AND CONQUER" TV ads were bad enough.

20080607-tmrq83yjh7apymxqqqk18hswjx.preview.jpg

The new neanderthal fashion for 'keepers

20080607-t8wr73rq9uc932qyr24t3kq3u3.preview.jpg

Sir, I am proud to serve my country against the evil midfielders of San Marino

20080607-qasekfq31guxq5s8mjah76du59.preview.jpg

THE STORM-CLOUDS GATHER. READY THE TROOPS AND LIBERALLY APPLY OIL.

20080607-r2p7rqetxhppdxsefabjcrygff.preview.jpg

I couldn't find matching length socks today

20080607-eee5dtjwnfjsqa8g4tw5gp3neu.preview.jpg

That was my pan au chocolat, you bastard

20080607-ta8rdqqf2pymr2d3m4wiab296g.preview.jpg

Can he ever make a different kind of expression?

20080607-18ytqn81fifick8sknc14h1pn9.preview.jpg

This is where we have Darth Vader scream NOOOOOOOOOO

Ahahahaha, freakin' saved

Each. One. Of. Them

It is scary how efficiently Germany plays (as always). No tricks, no soloing, just perfected execution of tactics and team play

Poles were quite pitiful in comparison

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Germany's left back seemed like their weak link. He was quite awful.

Heja Sverige!!

Jansen (the LB) was bad, as was Ballack adn Gomes. Gomes was invisible until others put chances on a platter for him, then he made atrocious misses. Ballack just can't be bothered. All this was amply exposed in the first game, and you wonder whether later on in the tournament, they will be made to pay for it.

Another thing was how Podolski was playing as a midfielder, with Schweinsteiger on the bench - and that when Schwei. did come on, he was pretty selfish (if good). I wonder why? Lahm was really the only one providing consistent length, it just didn't matter today because the Poles were being ripped apart down the middle.

I didn't think Ballack was bad, especially in the first half. And Lahm is, indeed, their most consistent performer.

Heja Sverige!!

Wasn't this Germany's first EM victory since 90's?

Ballack didn't do bad nor did he do well *shrug*

I was actually somewhat disappointed at Germany's performance today but they won anyway so that's all that matters

Guest Accept
It is scary how efficiently Germany plays (as always). No tricks, no soloing, just perfected execution of tactics and team play

Poles were quite pitiful in comparison

Agreed. The majority of players in the german team seems to raise a couple of levels when it comes to playing for the national team. I'm quite impressed about Podolski, who just jumps in from the freezer he've been put in @ Bayern M

Edited by Accept

Germany was incredibly efficient tonight. And Podolski was like a cannon, very impressive indeed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest The Architect

No game on SBS tonight. ****. I would've liked to have seen the Netherlands-Italy match. I haven't seen any of the 4 Euro 2008 matches so far.

Well although we won against Austria I'm so disappointed with our game, after the first half an hour we started defending like it's the 90th minute or something...I mean I know it is the first game and you're nervous playing against the host but come on!!! o:)

At the begging that was a clear penalty. But after that the referee was so pro-Austrian, it was criminal!!! Later on that foul on Ivica Olic committed by that Austrian player which already had a yellow card, that was direct red card and he didn't even give him a yellow one and after that our players wouldn't even touch the Austrian players and they would start falling and that was a foul every time :huh:

Luka Modric was ok at the begging and afterwards nowhere to be seen, Niko Kranjcar played like he ate 3 boxes of cookies before the game, Vedran Corluka just sucked.... :lol:

All in all bad, bad and worse :down:

Edited by Hildegard

One more point on the German team... they're a team. Both goals, and a number of other opportunities were the result of excellent teamwork. Poland had plenty of possession, but wound up failing to develop any power forward.

-Elwood Blues

Croatia *needs* Eduardo not only to finish off those chances but to complete the general attacking formation. They don't have any other talented striker to shore that up, Modric can't do it all.

0-0 in Romania-France, about to start second half. Predictably dour, especially with Vieira and Henry missing. Anelka's lazy as usual and has made some stupid, stupid touches, but we usually don't seethe best of France until later on, do we?

Croatia *needs* Eduardo not only to finish off those chances but to complete the general attacking formation. They don't have any other talented striker to shore that up, Modric can't do it all.

0-0 in Romania-France, about to start second half. Predictably dour, especially with Vieira and Henry missing. Anelka's lazy as usual and has made some stupid, stupid touches, but we usually don't seethe best of France until later on, do we?

Of course we miss Eduardo, but 'English revenge' took him away from us :)

I hope Taylor dies in agony. :ermm:

Holy roundhouse kick, Batman! That Sneijder goal was spectacular.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not offside, the situation was between two Italians, the goalie and the defender. The goalie pushed his own man off the field. You can't just jump or be pushed by your own side outside the pitch and prevent a goal against you by having a new last man like that.

The rules are specific on this point, as I'm sure will be pointed out after the match plenty of times.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.