What you did today

Gorth

I am incredibly pissed at myself right now. I missed the deadline for the annual enrollment in my employer's student loan repayment program. I was less than 24 hours late, but the web registration form is already down, and the manager I phoned said that they have a strict "no extensions" policy. I enrolled last year, and it got me almost $5K in essentially free loan repayment (the cost is a promise to keep working for them for 3 more years, or pay them back for it if you leave before that time). I'm assuming that the payout this year would've been similar (the number depends on how many enrollees they get), so my procrastination and inattention just cost me a significant chunk of change. :yes::banghead::banghead:

I am incredibly pissed at myself right now. I missed the deadline for the annual enrollment in my employer's student loan repayment program. I was less than 24 hours late, but the web registration form is already down, and the manager I phoned said that they have a strict "no extensions" policy. I enrolled last year, and it got me almost $5K in essentially free loan repayment (the cost is a promise to keep working for them for 3 more years, or pay them back for it if you leave before that time). I'm assuming that the payout this year would've been similar (the number depends on how many enrollees they get), so my procrastination and inattention just cost me a significant chunk of change. :ermm::p:banghead:

I feel your pain. I am prone to similar inattention. I would strongly suggest you schmooze a tonne of people and see if anyone can make an exception for you. Five grand is worth a bit of shyster type behaviour.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hell yeah it is. I wouldnt be above offering someone some "compensation" in the form of $500-1000 to look the other way while I slip this here form into the middle of the pile.

If that fails I suggest putting on an old suit and running through a hedge in it, before sprinting up to the relevant office as fast as you can, clutching the forms in your hand. This will be enhanced if you can get a squirrel to bite your hand - and stay on.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i've had about 2 hours sleep >_<

i went to a gig last night partly to see a friend's first gig, and partly to see a certain ladyfriend

got to the gig late, so missed my friend's set (dammit!) and found said ladyfriend to be very very drunk

knowing her as i do, i think part of the reason she got so wasted because she just found out a couple of days ago that an old friend of hers had died

most of the night i wasn't watching the bands, i was looking out for her and making sure she was okay

at one point though, she really wanted to go up front and watch the band playing, so i reluctantly let her stagger over

she starting headbanging and having fun, so i stood behind her and made sure no one came flying outta the mosh pit towards her (basically by smacking the hell outta anyone who did)

she fell over at one point and there was broken glass everywhere, but luckily she didn't get hurt

i just picked her up and carried her to the back of the bar and sat her down and she just sorta clung to me for about an hour or so

i hate seeing her like that. i'm just glad she got home alright

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

she starting headbanging and having fun, so i stood behind her and made sure no one came flying outta the mosh pit towards her (basically by smacking the hell outta anyone who did)
That's the usual situation in concerts I attend to with my girlfriend >_<

Today I wrote on my paper and actually got as far as I planned. A rare case that leaves a good feeling :)

Kirottu: I'd sure want to see it once it's dead. Post a pic please :)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

yeah it's nothing unusual

it's just that she was really wasted and could barely stand on her own, and with all the broken glass i didn't want her getting knocked over and hurt

it's just that she was really wasted and could barely stand on her own, and with all the broken glass i didn't want her getting knocked over and hurt

See? A gentleman doesn't have to wear a monocle.

*subtext: wear a monocle*

-Elwood Blues

See? A gentleman doesn't have to wear a monocle.

*subtext: wear a monocle*

gentleman?

huh...

that's not a term i hear directed at me very often...

Well, my Great Grandmother passed away this afternoon due to a bowel rupture (she elected not to have emergency surgery and instead was administered pain medication -morphine- until she expired). I am not really that torn up about it, I mean she lived about a century and had a very good life*, and I am glad she was not in any distress at the end of her life. In other news, I had a great time at a friend's party tonight and arranged to have dinner with an attractive female of my acquaintance next week. :sorcerer:

*And she even had an love-affair from about sixty to ninety (she met an old high-school boyfriend and they both fell, or rather, re-fell for each other), when he passed away.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, my Great Grandmother passed away this afternoon due to a bowel rupture (she elected not to have emergency surgery and instead was administered pain medication -morphine- until she expired). I am not really that torn up about it, I mean she lived about a century and had a very good life*, and I am glad she was not in any distress at the end of her life. In other news, I had a great time at a friend's party tonight and arranged to have dinner with an attractive female of my acquaintance next week. :bat:

*And she even had an love-affair from about sixty to ninety (she met an old high-school boyfriend and they both fell, or rather, re-fell for each other), when he passed away.

I you'll allow me to venture my sympathies, I agree. Sometimes the pain of losing someone special is balanced by the knowledge that they squeeezed as much out of life as they could. I think that's why when kids die it seems so awful. Still, I know that emotionally it can be kicker nonetheless.

Shryke: one thing you learn from officers in the Army. A gentleman is as a gentleman does, not how he pretends to be.

-Elwood Blues

Shryke: one thing you learn from officers in the Army. A gentleman is as a gentleman does, not how he pretends to be.

i need to get myself a monocole then, clearly :thumbsup:

i need to get myself a monocole then, clearly :shifty:

And an ostrich

-Elwood Blues

i need to get myself a monocole then, clearly :shifty:

And an ostrich

i'm afraid to ask....

So, like, I got all married and stuff. (Friday, actually, but I'm sure you'll all forgive me for the slight delay in reporting.) Ceremony, party, et al., went quite well.

However, as somebody who is not at all accustomed to wearing jewelry beyond a wristwatch (assuming that the monocle doesn't count), the wedding ring is going to take some getting used to. I think I'm going to rub my finger raw from constantly sliding it around to figure out which precise point on my finger has the right balance of comfort and security.

Edited by Enoch

So, like, I got all married and stuff. (Friday, actually, but I'm sure you'll all forgive me for the slight delay in reporting.) Ceremony, party, et al., went quite well.

However, as somebody who is not at all accustomed to wearing jewelry beyond a wristwatch (assuming that the monocle doesn't count), the wedding ring is going to take some getting used to. I think I'm going to rub my finger raw from constantly sliding it around to figure out which precise point on my finger has the right balance of comfort and security.

what, no invite! :verymad:

hehe congrats :)

Congratulations on getting hitched

Oh, and I bought two suits today, freaken expensive ass monkey suits. I really have no idea what the appeal of pleated trousers are.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Pleated trousers? As in pleated skirts?

-Elwood Blues

You have my sympathies, Enoch. Just learn how to duck and keep dull kitchen utensils around.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.

@ Sand, I'll be sure to heed that advice, because we all know that your single anecdote is ironclad proof of the villainy of all females in relationships everywhere. :rolleyes: (Plus, dull knives are a culinary tragedy waiting to happen.)

Today I weighed myself for the first time in months, turns out I weigh 7.5 stone. Or 105 pounds assuming the internet is correct with calculations and whatnot.

Am I right in thinking I should be concerned by this? =/

Edited by Daaave

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.