What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=49403

End of old thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...0&start=510

What I did today?... I created a new "What you did today" thread :bat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Great subtitle, Gorth. Now I hear the
when I open the thread.

Hey, stay out of my brain :lol:

That was exactly the series I was thinking of.

These questions - and many others - will be answered in the next episode of "What you did today"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Slept surprisingly well. I'm negotiating a complicated contract for my professional services. I need to buy back my time from one client to work for another.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

From old thread:

(Musopticon? @ May 27 2008, 06:28 AM) *]

Today, I mowed my parents' lawn and bought a train ticket with my first credit card. A freaking credit card...

Pay it off and destroy it.

Credit cards are evil.

More 18th Century economics courtesy of Sand.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He's right, though. Nothing wrong with cards, but use a debit card - that way it's your own money. If you really want a loan, take one out. Avoid credit cards.

Good luck getting any other form of unsecured credit. Credit cards are perfectly fine so long as you treat them with due care and attention. I've totally run off them for short periods in teh past, and would have missed some crucial life opportunities without that option.

-Elwood Blues

He's right, though. Nothing wrong with cards, but use a debit card - that way it's your own money. If you really want a loan, take one out. Avoid credit cards.

Good luck getting any other form of unsecured credit. Credit cards are perfectly fine so long as you treat them with due care and attention. I've totally run off them for short periods in teh past, and would have missed some crucial life opportunities without that option.

Well, that's why I save my money. Why do you think getting a loan is hard, BTW?

Oh, and that's the argument I hear people use about drugs. I'd use it myself, except for the fact that I know many people don't use due care and attention (with drugs or credit cards).

Edited by Krezack

Domestic economics suddenly become a lot more complicated when you throw in a long-term career and a family into the mix, though. It's not always feasible to keep up a positive balance economy.

I enjoyed myself by leading two ladies through a pitch-dark wooden track at 9pm.

That, uh, probably came out inconciliably wrong.

:(

That sucks (unless you wanted it of course) :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

...but that's opposite of cool

Me, this day is one filled with lazy, meaningless summer dreams and nothing worthy of notice happening

edit: lol hivemind

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Domestic economics suddenly become a lot more complicated when you throw in a long-term career and a family into the mix, though. It's not always feasible to keep up a positive balance economy.

No, see, that's why I suggested a stable loan instead. I'm not saying "don't have the money? Tough". But Wals says loans are hard to get in the UK, so I can understand CC's a bit more in that case.

Today, I got expelled from the Armed Service. :)

Dishonourable discharge? What was it, if it's not a rude question. Which it is.

-Elwood Blues

Today I finished the regular expression learning programme I outlined in this blog entry. It was quite fun, and I really like wxPython as far as GUI programming goes. Once I've finished off the programme's Info function tomorrow, I'll upload the source and hopefully an executable copy.

Check out the screenshots in that blog entry. Especially the last one.

Edited by Krezack

Today I finished the regular expression learning programme I outlined in this blog entry. It was quite fun, and I really like wxPython as far as GUI programming goes. Once I've finished off the programme's Info function tomorrow, I'll upload the source and hopefully an executable copy.

Check out the screenshots in that blog entry. Especially the last one.

haha, fun. Looking forward to it :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Me and my friend made sushi our selves. It was surprisingly pretty good but then again I suppose if you put enough soy sauce on anything it'll taste the same. We made about 4 rolls and some miso soup, which wasn't all that awesome unfortunately because tofu sucks. The sushi would have been better if my friend wasn't focusing more on presentation so he could take pictures of every roll we freakin made so it took us like seriously 2 hours. Then we watched some basketball and I left becuase I don't watch sports.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

slept with someone i probably shouldn't have

oh, and later in the day met her boyfriend :x

Wait... Didn't you just do something similar, is this a common occurrence? :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot