LOL: Joe Kucan myspace fanpage! =P

It certainly doesn't look very official.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Who?

Joseph Kucan is the guy who plays Kane in the cinematics for the Command & Conquer series.

EDIT: OH GAWD MY EYES! Someone needs to learn a little bit about web design.

Edited by Deraldin

Oh, I think whoever made that knows. They know too well.

Who?

Joseph Kucan is the guy who plays Kane in the cinematics for the Command & Conquer series.

...yeah true, but i find the manga-NOD cyborg funny :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

Who?

Never heard of it, or played it.

Do you play RTS games at all? If the answer is yes, you die now. If the answer is no, then you get to live.

Actually is it even possible to NOT know about C&C franchise with it being one of the best known ones out there?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Thanks to this forum, I'm aware it exists. I've never played it either, though - not really into RTS games, though Starcraft was okay and I like Warcraft 2 I think it was.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Actually is it even possible to NOT know about C&C franchise with it being one of the best known ones out there?

Depends on what you mean by "know about". If "heard of" qualifies, then yes. If not, then I join the club of those who never touched any of them. I've hated rts games as a rule of thumb ever since Dune 2 :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think there's a couple heretics in this thread we should purge.

I have also never touched a C&C game. I played around with the early Warcrafts a bit (was given the WC1&2 combo pack), but they got deathly boring once I figured out how the games basically functioned (i.e., screw tactics, just keep building until you've got more than the other guy, then rush him). Since then, the closest I've gotten to an RTS is the Total War games.

Edited by Enoch

Then you should try out a few of the better RTSs to see what has happened in the genre. Namely, Battle Realms, World in Conflict, Ground Control 2, Dawn of War and also Hostile Waters and Sacrifice(though those are cross genre games).

I understand how the RTS genre can appear unappealing to a an actual strategy gamer, but those are all solid titles, perhaps best of the genre. And perhaps most importantly, they showcase how far(or short, depending on your viewpoint) the genre has come from the Warcraft roots.

Heh, I remember Red Alert well and I don't think I could ever play it again. There was this one time back in middle school when I was asked to play a LAN game against three other guys and all they kept doing was making the same tank in droves, everyone just sat at their bases and made around 50+ medium or mammoth tanks and then let them roll against each other. I...well, I destroyed two bridges that led to the island on the map my base was on and then proceeded to build aircraft and ships and bomb everyone from my inaccessible island. I didn't win, but that game was kind of a turning point in my gaming life. Next LAN game was Starcraft and I was faced against two armies whose troops consisted of only Dragoons and Mutalisks, respectively. It was one big sigh. I hope I'll never will get giddy over just amassing tanks.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

MAMMOTH TANKS ROLL OVER

ALL HAIL KANE

SOVIET ANTHEM AND APOCALYPSE TANKS ARE COMING TO KICK YOUR ASS

KIROV REPORTING KABOOSH KABOOSH KABOOSH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enoch, you should play Dawn of War - they're kings of RTS games nowadays

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Then you should try out a few of the better RTSs to see what has happened in the genre. Namely, Battle Realms, World in Conflict, Ground Control 2, Dawn of War and also Hostile Waters and Sacrifice(though those are cross genre games).

Company of heroes? Why didn't you mention Company of Heroes?

World in Conflict is only really good if you can play co-op with and against friends.

Not if we're talking basic functionality and games that are out (I've plenty of love for DoW2).

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Not if we're talking basic functionality and games that are out (I've plenty of love for DoW2).

Disagree, it has best RTS gameplay mechanics (with actually giving importance to moral, cover etc.) and great factions to play with

That is unless latest expansion pack screwed it

Disagree, it has best RTS gameplay mechanics (with actually giving importance to moral, cover etc.) and great factions to play with

That is unless latest expansion pack screwed it

CoH has that and more, I'm not sure where you're coming from. CoH is literally an incremental improvement across the board (gameplay mechanics wise, WW2 can go screw itself).

CoH has an improved cover system that is actually somewhat realistic in the context of the enviroment and not just patches of cover.

I guess you could argue that it was wrong to move from the naive morale system of DoW to the more complex system of being pinned down that CoH has, I just find it a very weird thing to say.

I agree that the factions in 40k are better but that's not really an argument as I was talking about base mechanics.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I haven't played CoH but doesn't you command small task force in it against enemies instead of your typical RTS gameplay? :x