Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

I know im coming out ona limb but... it seems you enjoy shooters..

I love them. As long as they're not linear (like Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo) and as long as they bring something more to the table.

Precursors and White Gold are RPG's at heart but combat is pure FPS (and in the case of Precursors, spaceship combat!). Fallout 3 is supposed to be a RPG too, but who knows how that will turn out. Probably a shooter. Mercenaries 2 and Far Cry 2 are pure shooters, but both drop you in a huge sandbox and let you do your thing. Borderlands is supposed to be a shooter version of Diablo, sort of. We'll see. Stalker is also pure shooter, but the atmosphere is so good I don't even think of them as shooters, more like an experience. Rage is supposed to be racing and shooter, but little is known. Alan Wake is supposed to be a psychological thriller-shooter, but again, little is really known. Dead Island is a horror-shooter, with a free-roaming paradise resort to explore. With zombies.

RPB is a RPG. But nothing is known about that game yet, not even the name. Alpha Protocol is shooter-RPG. Gothic 4 is RPG (I hope). Gothic 3 expansion will be RPG. GTA4 (FOR PC) is more of an action adventure.. with racing.. or something.

I think the red thread is that I vastly prefer first person view (or third person over-the-shoulder view) in my games. Naturally, that view functions best with FPS combat.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm really looking forward to E3 this year. Ubisoft has me really excited with FC2, HAWX, Prince of Persia... and of course Alpha Protocol.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Far cry 2 looks really cool, but I have to say it seemed like a game with some heart and a real story from the teaser trailer, but now it seems to just be the mindless mayhem game that the first one was. At least there are no Trigens, hunting the mercs with total freedom in the evironment made that game damn impressive. I really loved the first third and last third of that game. But monkey monsters with rocket launchers on their arms....not cool.

Diablo 3, nuff said.

Fallout 3, wasn't interested in this at all before I saw the E3 video with Todd Howard playing the game. The mini nuke was retarded but otherwise it looked pretty awesome. Sure it was all combat, but looks like they pulled off real time combat while staying true to SPECIAL. Let's hope they've hired some decent writers and more than 2 voice actors this time.

Not sure what else...all future NWN2 expansions I guess. And whatever Valve is releasing next.

Far cry 2 looks really cool, but I have to say it seemed like a game with some heart and a real story from the teaser trailer, but now it seems to just be the mindless mayhem game that the first one was. At least there are no Trigens, hunting the mercs with total freedom in the evironment made that game damn impressive. I really loved the first third and last third of that game. But monkey monsters with rocket launchers on their arms....not cool.

You know, the Trigens weren't exactly a big part of the Far Cry marketing back then, jungle combat against heavily armed mercs was. There's no guarantee that this game will be completely without woo*. Maybe they just want to keep it secret, is all.

*supernatural thingamajigs(ttlg lingo)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actually, the Far Cry 2 producers have mentioned that there will be nothing supernatural in Far Cry 2. I think I even posted that 20 minute long video in this thread..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I hope they have better voice actors... and that seems to be the case. Good, no more audio torture.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Diablo 3. Starcraft 2. Soul Calibur 4. Fallout 3. Fable 2. Wacraft 4 (I hope). Gears 2.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Wacraft 4 (I hope).

lol

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I hope they have better voice actors... and that seems to be the case. Good, no more audio torture.

Ok cool the last 3 posts have been great. There's really nothing like being able to take out a whole patrol of mercs like Benecio in The Hunted with no one knowing where you are or what's going on...

1. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

2. Diablo 3

3. Fable 2

4. Storm of Zehir

5. Empire: Total War

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

2. Diablo 3

4. Storm of Zehir

Yes.

I'd venture to add Gears of War 2, NG 2 DLC, Galactrix, DoW ****ing 2, next Yahtzee game, Black Mesa:Source, some Thief fms, particularly La Grenouille Noir, Hinterlands, Prince of Persia 4, Halo prequel fps, Schizoid(today!), Mercenaries 2 definitely, then at least Red Alert 3(Klepacki! Gundam! Bear Rain!) and tentatively Fallout 3.

I'll probably end up buying perhaps three of them all, but here's hoping.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wacraft 4 (I hope).

lol

I try :). If it exists, I'll firmly believe that anything's possible.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

2. Diablo 3

4. Storm of Zehir

Yes.

I'd venture to add Gears of War 2, NG 2 DLC, Galactrix, DoW ****ing 2, next Yahtzee game, Black Mesa:Source, some Thief fms, particularly La Grenouille Noir, Hinterlands, Prince of Persia 4, Halo prequel fps, Schizoid(today!), Mercenaries 2 definitely, then at least Red Alert 3(Klepacki! Gundam! Bear Rain!) and tentatively Fallout 3.

I'll probably end up buying perhaps three of them all, but here's hoping.

Never heard of hardly any of those, unfortunately.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1- Mass Effect 2

2- The Force Unleashed

3- Alpha Protocol

4- NWN2: Storm of Zehir

5- Resident Evil 5

6- Final Fantasy XIII

7- Aliens

8- Dragon Age: Origins

9- Fallout 3

10- Fable II

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)