Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

I haven't worked with Gamebryo and thus I don't know what limitation game engine have for models and animations.

No limitations really, not that spring to my mind.

From Gamebryo page
Gamebryo automatically handles nearly every animated value that can be specified in 3ds max and Maya upon export. In addition, Gamebryo
Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

The point is Fallout 3's animations look abysmal...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The point is Fallout 3's animations look abysmal...

*shruggs* I will make my opinion when I play it.

Well its on consoles, that means it definitly isn't the CryEngine.

has anyone tried Dead Space? I'm thinking of buying it but I haven't gotten around to it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And that just goes to show how closely I've been following Far cry 2's devlopment... Which is not at all.

So i went I looked, I found that Hell Kitty was right, now I will shut up.

I suppose you could say that it's a compliment in a way that I thought they were the same engine, a testiment to how good the Dunia engine appears to be visually.

Anyone know if Dead Space uses the same level of SecuROM DRM as other EA games?

There hasn't been any contreveorsy on it, so maybe not.

From the first link:

I have several Securom games such as Bioshock, Spore, Mass Effect, Crysis Warhead, Alone in the Dark (bleh), STALKER Clear Sky and so on.

As far as I know the North American Clear Sky uses only a TAGES or SecuROM based dvd-check, but it seems other versions (including the Steam one) seem to have installation limits. Anyone else have information about this?

EDIT: Although, if it is true, I'm going to put my legal copy back on the shelf and find a non-DRM version...

EDIT #2: I'm going to re-install while off-line and without the serial -it says that it's only needed for on-line play- and see if it works, I'll write what happens in a bit.

Edited by Strix
securom2gu8.png

After going through all 35 pages of threads at the GSC forums I found this picture:

capturepk2.jpg

Apparently the Steam version does ship with only five activations, although I cannot find any information on the DVD-retail copy. Most likely it, or at least the NA release, does not have the issue.

securom2gu8.png

I wouldn't say System Shock 3, but it looks really damn good. Especially with EA putting so much hype into it (comic series, animated vids, etc...)

I'm definitly getting it ASAP.

Well both System Shock 1 and 2 had some survival horror aspects to them. More so 2 than 1, although 1 was very creepy as well. They all take place on space ships. People are wiped out and you roam around the ship reading logs and stuff and killing nasties. There is goo on the walls. The similarities are faily obvious. I may get this. It ssupposed to have tons of atmosphere, which is always a really great aspect of a game like this.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

From what movies I saw of it, it's nothing but a gore- and shoot-fest :/

That was what I thought first but I've read a few things that seemed to indicate more depth than that?

If it really is just an exercise in dismemberment as tactical combat then I would pass.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.