Diablo II builds

Did you buy the expansion as well? It has 800x600 mode at least.

My current monitor doesn't support any of the resolutions Duablo uses, which means that the screen is either bent from the corners or stretches and heightens randomly ever so often.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Did you buy the expansion as well? It has 800x600 mode at least.

I have a double-pack so that's the resolution I am using. But honestly, it still looks like crap. It's mainly because it's so jerky. Everything is jerky, from the scrolling to how the mouse pointer moves across the screen. It's the same effect as when I am playing Fallout or Icewind Dale. It's like the games were made jerkier back then and noone cared.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ok, bought the expansion, currently started an Assassin and I'm leaning towards the martial arts tree. I've started it as a signle player game. I'm not sure if I really want to bother with Battle.net. Any good arguments for it?

It's incredibly fun with a bunch of friends, but can be completely awful if you are playing with complete strangers. The game gets tedious and repetitive sooner or later if you just play the single player campaign alone. Don't misunderstand, it'll get repetitive online as well, but there's always the teamplay element in play there and the loot is a lot more unique once you leave the normal difficulty.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You can also click the gem in the chat channel!

*click*

Gem Activated.

*click*

Gem Deactivated

*click*

Gem Activated.

*click*

Gem Deactivated

*click*

Mooooooo!

I recomend going online if you can do it LAN or with someone from here, as the average Diablo denizen is best ignored.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

So I followed your advice and upgraded my paladin with 10 levels of Sacrifice and 5 levels of Zeal. I am basically using Zeal against everything now. I also found a ring of regeneration, which instantly made the game much easier to play. That, combined with Zeal and some weird yellow two-handed sword that steals 5% life force from enemies, I don't have to go through quite as many potions as I did before.

I'm not sure what the Sacrifice levels was for though. It says in the description of Zeal that each level in Sacrifice adds 12% damage to Zeal, but it doesn't seem to work. Or do I have to make it work manually somehow? I mean, I am sure I'd notice a 120% increase in the damage I do.. especially since I can see the theoretical damage my Zeal does in the character screen.

If the damage normally is half the damage WITH zeal, it's all working fine.

Post a screenie if you want, with one attack normal and the other zeal, and I'll confirm. It'll probably be a bit less than twice as high with zeal (due to game mechanics and the way dmg bonuses are accumulated).

That screen makes about as much sense as using a knife to eat pasta.

A sorceress gets 1 stamina per vitality point and 1 stamina per level. She starts at 74. As such, your sorc should have 47+124+74 = 206 stamina. You have 91.

A sorceress gets 1 life per level and 2 life per vitality point. She starts at 40. She gets another 20 from Alkor (let's say 40 total assuming you're at nightmare). Your sorc should have 47 + 2*124 + 40 + 40 = 375 life. You have 118 and even that is mostly from items.

Based on your stamina, I'd say your character was at most level 3 before you hacked it up to level 48.

The sad thing is that some of the people who obviously love this inane clickfest are some of the same people who rant about consoles being for children and retards.

Just saying.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Post a screenie if you want, with one attack normal and the other zeal, and I'll confirm. It'll probably be a bit less than twice as high with zeal (due to game mechanics and the way dmg bonuses are accumulated).

Oh! Now I get it! Zeal doesn't add 50-60% damage, it deals 50-60% damage of what your normal attack does and THEN it adds the Sacrifice bonus on top of the lowered damage! Damn, I thought I was going to get double bonuses but one had disappeared due to some bug or something :)

And I'm way too embarrassed about my "build" to post a screenie of it here :blink:

Oh! Now I get it! Zeal doesn't add 50-60% damage, it deals 50-60% damage of what your normal attack does and THEN it adds the Sacrifice bonus on top of the lowered damage! Damn, I thought I was going to get double bonuses but one had disappeared due to some bug or something :)

And I'm way too embarrassed about my "build" to post a screenie of it here :wub:

I'm confused now.

Say you've got one point in zeal. That's 0% extra damage. Say you put 5 points in sacrifice. That's +60% extra damage during zeal. So in total, during zeal, you do 1.6 times the normal amount of damage.

There are skills in the game that lower overall damage but add +x% dmg, but zeal is not one of them. It should, essentially, work exactly how you first thought. It's possible you're misundestanding one of the numbers. I'm not aware of a zeal bug. A lot of things about Diablo 2 are vague (numerically), so it's understandable.

Are you using patch 1.12?

OK, I am confused too. Posting a screenie after all. I am apparently using version 1.11 or something. I'll patch the game if it's sure that I don't have to start over.

Diablo2stats.jpg

The screenie tells me that my normal attack does 27-49 damage.

The screenie also tells me that my Zeal attack does 47-86 damage.

The help screen for Zeal tells me that level 5 Zeal should do 186% damage (would be 50-91 damage). Is that WITH the Sacrifice bonus already included?

The help screen for Zeal also tells me that level 15 in Sacrifice should add 180% (15x12%) damage (would be 49-88 damage).

Er, no, I don't get it.

The sad thing is that some of the people who obviously love this inane clickfest are some of the same people who rant about consoles being for children and retards.

Just saying.

I'll bite. There is one major difference between Diablo and games like Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Oblivion: Diablo doesn't pretend to be anything more than it really is. Last I checked, nobody claimed that Diablo is the pinnacle of the RPG genre.

20795.jpg