Diablo II builds

bear roll'd?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

OK, I am confused too. Posting a screenie after all. I am apparently using version 1.11 or something. I'll patch the game if it's sure that I don't have to start over.

Diablo2stats.jpg

The screenie tells me that my normal attack does 27-49 damage.

The screenie also tells me that my Zeal attack does 47-86 damage.

The help screen for Zeal tells me that level 5 Zeal should do 186% damage (would be 50-91 damage). Is that WITH the Sacrifice bonus already included?

The help screen for Zeal also tells me that level 15 in Sacrifice should add 180% (15x12%) damage (would be 49-88 damage).

Er, no, I don't get it.

Ahhh! I get you.

You've got 186% ED (enhanced damage) from Zeal+Sacrifice, right?

The thing is you also have 66% ED from your strength (1 pt strength = 1% extra damage for most melee weapons).

The problem is, when you determine how much damage you do, the calculation is:

Weapon Damage * (1+ED/100) + elemental damage. ED = str + auras + zeal/sacrifice/etc. ED does NOT include enhanced damage on weapon - that's part of the base 'Weapon Damage', which is good because it means you do more damage.

So for your normal attack it is showing something like 10 to 20 * 1.66 + poison damage

But for zeal it is 10 to 20 * 3.52 + poison damage.

So basically, because the strength multiplier is already factored into your normal attack damage, and because poison damage (any elemental damage for that matter) doesn't get increased by ED, it sort of looks weird ATM. Once your weapon damage gets larger, and your sacrifice ED hits the full +240% and combines with Fanaticism, it'll look much more like a full *7 multiple or whatever it is.

Patching to 1.12 wouldn't mean you'd have to start over, but it wouldn't really fix any important bugs either.

Wow.

My mercenary beat Duriel. I just stood there and fired a few arrows.

I need a better bow.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ooh, if they port it to 360 I might be able to play it without paying a new rig!

EDIT: Though the controls are all with the mouse, I don,t knwo how they'll handle that.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've been doing some checking around online, and I'd like to know how feasible would a passive amazon build be?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd imagine that without the Valkyrie and the magic arrows an Amazon might be too gimped in the higher difficulties.

Heja Sverige!!

Are you talking passive skills or the passive and magic skill tree? Valkyrie is in the skill tree.

Even if you stick solely to passive skills you will still have critical strike.

Edit: Whatever you're talking about it doesn't really matter as with evade, dodge and avoid the enemies won't be able to hit you. :thumbsup:

Edit2: A solely passive amazon sounds pretty boring.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I'm talking only passive skills, meaning no mana use. And as for boring, well yes but this is Diablo we're talking about. :thumbsup:

Heja Sverige!!

I started D2 + xpac up a few weeks before the announcement, not playing it at the moment because I have yet to find a NoCD crack for the damn thing. I hate having my older CDs in the drive, each time it spins up I visualize the disc wearing out a little faster. :)

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I started D2 + xpac up a few weeks before the announcement, not playing it at the moment because I have yet to find a NoCD crack for the damn thing. I hate having my older CDs in the drive, each time it spins up I visualize the disc wearing out a little faster. :)

the latest patch 1.12 or something allows you to play the game without the cd in the drive from what I read ... you just need to copy the music files onto your drive ....... check out the blizzard site for deteils on the latest patch

sorry for the double post, comp. acting up .... downloaded the patch but haven't tried it yet

Edited by Dragon Lord Jones

Yeah, I updated with the 1.12a patch too and I had to copy some D2xmovies and D2xmusic files before it worked. But now I can put away my CD's! Yay!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

my favourite build so far has been a Holy Shock Paladin

not ridiculously overpowered like Hammerdins or Javazons or anything, but i like it :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Shyrke: Holy Shock paladin is powerful. I won't say ridiculously so, but he does many thousands of points of damage when his synergies are maxed, which combined with Zeal's fast attack is incredibly powerful.

Pidesco: It's doable. It's more fun if you use Valkyrie though. I'd say your main skills are critical strike and penetrate. Throw a few in dodge/evade/etc but not too many because you'll evade more often than you can deal damage. If you're going melee (you should), you'll want to use a shield so you don't go splat.

I want to try playing Hardcore mode with somebody hey

Shyrke: Holy Shock paladin is powerful. I won't say ridiculously so, but he does many thousands of points of damage when his synergies are maxed, which combined with Zeal's fast attack is incredibly powerful.

it is, yes, but once you come up against a lightning immune mob you're pretty much crippled

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!