Alpha Protocol SGD

Sega Gamers Day is over and I can tell you Alpha Protocol made an appearance in the form of a video. (not playable)

I can't tell you anything about it as most games at Sega Gamers Day are under an embargo until Friday.

This is just a heads up, I would expect to see some news maybe even the trailer tomorrow!

(Aliens RPG was a no show)

So, exactly what is it you can not tell? :x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Awesome!

I almost enjoy new info more than new games...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I can't tell you it's looking pretty awesome! ;p

So, we won't know yet, that it looks pretty awesome :x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

8am PST.

2 hours from now, I think.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Ok well it seems that Sega havent yet released the trailer we were shown to the public so I am afriad it is a bit of a waiting game at the mo... I don't know when it will be shown but it isnt on their FTP yet and we wont be posting anything until we get the teaser trailer.

I'll give you some info on the video from what we saw/remember.

The trailer was pretty short, probably under 30 seconds long and it had some pretty nice music playing over with no ingame sounds, the trailer was ingame as far as I am aware, it showed one clip of Thorton shooting at some guys from behind a wall and another clip of him talking to a woman. Graphics were nice although character modles seems a bit 'plasticy' at times.

When I find more info I'll bring it here.

Yes it was, they were only showing off the Sea battles and I have got to say as a Total War fan since Showgun and having always been dreaming of some ship to ship battles, they seem to be an awesome addition. The ocean looks fantastic and it isnt just something they have tacked on, they seem to have put just as much effort into making the ship battles awesome as they have done with land battles.

So much you can do.

We will have info on Empires up later today, I'll post it in the general games forum here when it goes up.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52727

Sega Dates Alpha Protocol, Valkyria Chronicles

At a press event earlier this week, publisher Sega clarified the release plans for its stylish tactical RPG Valkyria Chronicles and Obsidian's spy-centric RPG Alpha Protocol.

Previously penciled for a vague fall arrival, Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) is now slated to debut in North America this November.

Meanwhile, Alpha Protocol (PC, PS3, 360) is projected for a February 2009 release, firming up that "early 2009" estimate.

Yay, no forced Christmas releases please :thumbsup:

Though those probably results in better initial sales figures, or do they?

Screenshots are nice, but I can't wait to see the game in action... A hint for the story would be nice, too. :)

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Talking to a woman, eh... I wonder if they've got the dialogue recorded yet or if it's just placeholders. I'm interested to hear what B actors they'll get for AP, if they get any. They might just stick with the talent they've used. Don't know how well that will go down. Some of the previous games' VA could get a little stilted.