Favorite place?

Favorite places?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite places from K1?

• Endar spire
    • Taris
    • Dantooine
    • Tatoonie
    • Kashyyyk
    • Manaan
    • Korriban
    • Leviathan
    • Unknown world
    • Star Forge
  2. 2. What are your favorite places from K2?

• Peragus
    • Telos Citadel
    • Telos
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Duxn
    • Onderon
    • Dantooine
    • Korriban
    • Ravager
    • Malacore V

My favorites from K1 are well pretty much all of them :) my least favorite though would be Endar spire, Kashyyyk and Taris :o

As for K2 my favorites would again be all of them but my least favorite would be Peragus, Telos Citadel and Telos :lol:

A certain annoying, pathetic, furry, purple dinosaur should be:

1. Held up as a loving role model for children

KotOR I: I actually liked Taris a lot. It was pretty cool. I hated Manaan. The idea was cool but for me it was just so boring, plus running back and forth all over the place really got old.

KotOR II: I also hated Peragus, Telos, and Citadal Station! I only liked the Academy part of Malachor. The rest of that planet was just annoying. It was like waiting for something big to happen while wandering mindlessly through a maze of jagged rocks. Not to mention those damn Storm Beasts! Grr! lol I LOVED Nar Shaddaa! It was so awesome! Um, I also liked Onderon and Korriban was cool but I wish we could've seen more.

I can't say I really have a favorite place from K1... if anything Korriban. But K2 is easy. Nar Shaddaa and Dxun have a very definite magic about them. I think Dxun is so great because of the sound effects... I absolutely love thunderstorms... so it's such a great atmosphere. But Nar Shaddaa is a little less clear... maybe it's just because so much happens there?

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

KotOR I: I actually liked Taris a lot. It was pretty cool. I hated Manaan. The idea was cool but for me it was just so boring, plus running back and forth all over the place really got old.

KotOR II: I also hated Peragus, Telos, and Citadal Station! I only liked the Academy part of Malachor. The rest of that planet was just annoying. It was like waiting for something big to happen while wandering mindlessly through a maze of jagged rocks. Not to mention those damn Storm Beasts! Grr! lol I LOVED Nar Shaddaa! It was so awesome! Um, I also liked Onderon and Korriban was cool but I wish we could've seen more.

I can't say I really have a favorite place from K1... if anything Korriban. But K2 is easy. Nar Shaddaa and Dxun have a very definite magic about them. I think Dxun is so great because of the sound effects... I absolutely love thunderstorms... so it's such a great atmosphere. But Nar Shaddaa is a little less clear... maybe it's just because so much happens there?

I agree with both of you completely about K2 as for K1, thats just my opinion :)

Edited by shadowplay107

Taris is probably my overall favourite place from both games combined. It had such lovely sewers :)

After that, it is a toss up between Dxun (K2) and Nar Shaddaa (K2). Honourable mention to Korriban (K1) and Tattooine (K1).

Places that fills me with dread at the thought of replaying them: Manaan (K1), The Unknown World (K1), Peragus (K2) & Telos Station (K2)

The rest fits somewhere in between.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I went with Manaan for K1 and Nar Shaadda for K2.

Manaan has always been my favorite. I liked Korriban a lot, too, but Manaan is this beautiful ocean planet with calming music. I also like to use the submersible and travel under the water for the Star map there. That part would have been better if I hadn't had to do it alone, but it adds a "survival Horror" like you get on Peragus to it.

Nar Shaadda has everything. Most of your party members are there, pazzaak, the Slave Leia outfit, and lots of baddies to slaughter.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Manaan has always been my favorite.

never thought i'd see the day... :)

Manaan was really not that bad - and the court case was kind of fun.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

My daughter's currently playing K1 and I looked over the other day and was struck by how beautiful Manaan was. But I remember thinking it was booooring. But probably a lot of that impression had to do with the fact that I went there after the Leviathan and really wanted to get onto the end of the story, so the last star map was just tedious.

Taris is probably my overall favourite place from both games combined. It had such lovely sewers :)

After that, it is a toss up between Dxun (K2) and Nar Shaddaa (K2). Honourable mention to Korriban (K1) and Tattooine (K1).

Places that fills me with dread at the thought of replaying them: Manaan (K1), The Unknown World (K1), Peragus (K2) & Telos Station (K2)

The rest fits somewhere in between.

I agree with most of this. The only pary of K1 that compares favorably to Taris, IMO, is the solo mission on the Leviathan (but that's far too short to merit picking it as a favorite). Also, I actually like Peragus. Replaying it can be tiresome, but the sense of mystery on the first playthrough was quite well done.

Generally, I prefer the early parts of games where everything is still mysterious and your character is a little bit lost and vulnerable.

My daughter's currently playing K1 and I looked over the other day and was struck by how beautiful Manaan was. But I remember thinking it was booooring. But probably a lot of that impression had to do with the fact that I went there after the Leviathan and really wanted to get onto the end of the story, so the last star map was just tedious.

I always swing by Korriban right after Carth hears about Dustil, but I don't leave the academy. I save the valley of the dark lords for after the Leviathan. Then it all goes by pretty quick.

Also, your daughter plays KotOR? That's pretty sweet. :) My son LOVES video games (he's 4), but he can't really read, so that limits him to shooters and such. But my daughter isn't really interested in this sort of thing...

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

i didn't hate it to the extent most people seem to, but those selkath voices just annoyed the hell outta me

i liked Taris though, and the first playthrough of Peragus o:)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I always swing by Korriban right after Carth hears about Dustil, but I don't leave the academy. I save the valley of the dark lords for after the Leviathan. Then it all goes by pretty quick.

Also, your daughter plays KotOR? That's pretty sweet. :) My son LOVES video games (he's 4), but he can't really read, so that limits him to shooters and such. But my daughter isn't really interested in this sort of thing...

My daughter is 11 and she loves video games in general. She's not quite as into them (or Star Wars) as my 8 yr old son is, but they've both started their own KOTOR 1&2 games and played quite a bit of them. They've also watched me play K2 repeatedly, so I think that's where a lot of the interest comes in for my daughter. And while my kids can read, that doesn't mean that I'm not constantly getting the "now where am I supposed to go?" questions... ugh, those drive me nuts... lol.

good point actually, they're bloody annoying too

at least Mission can speak english (or common or whatever they call it in SW)

good point actually, they're bloody annoying too

at least Mission can speak english (or common or whatever they call it in SW)

i think its galactic basic

i didn't hate it to the extent most people seem to, but those selkath voices just annoyed the hell outta me

i liked Taris though, and the first playthrough of Peragus :shifty:

Indeed mate, Peragus had the perfect setting/story. The game could've made a hell of a movie actually...

much better than Jar Jar Binks & Co. ever were... :bat:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Peragus had a great atmosphere to it, but the actual pacing/gameplay of it sucked I think. It went on for way to long. I really appreciate what they were trying for here, but I think it could've been pulled off a lot better.

As for favourite places, hm. I'm actually struggling to pick out an area that I actually enjoyed in KOTOR1. Korriban is the most interesting one I suppose. The main storyline and I suppose character interactions was always the draw in KOTOR for me, and the areas you travel through did very little to keep me entertained to be honest.

In KOTOR2 I quite enjoyed most of the areas actually, except Peragus (partially), the Telos segments and Malachor V. I think I like Dantooine the most, it was pretty cool returning there and seeing what had happened.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

one thing always puzzled me about peragus

there's all the stealthed sith assassins, that's all well and good

but where the hell do all those sith troopers come from right as you're leaving on the ebon hawk?

They were in the room just behind Sion... the one you didn't go in... yeah, that's it...

Shush now, are you *trying* to cause trouble?

one thing always puzzled me about peragus

there's all the stealthed sith assassins, that's all well and good

but where the hell do all those sith troopers come from right as you're leaving on the ebon hawk?

They were hiding behind all the locked doors that the devs don't let you through.

They were in the room just behind Sion... the one you didn't go in... yeah, that's it...

always :thumbsup:

i'm asuming it was just an excuse to include the turret minigame (which everyone seemed to think was really hard in K1)

always :)

i'm asuming it was just an excuse to include the turret minigame (which everyone seemed to think was really hard in K1)

i thought it was too easy :thumbsup: