What you did today

Walsingham

Guest The Architect

I think you're mistaken, being fired out of a cannon does wonders for your self-confidence {not so much your body though}. I recommend it.

I'm really worried about my dog, Sasha, the dog in my sig. Just yesterday we discovered this small internal lump toward the upper part of her leg. So we took her to the vet as it could be the onset of a cancer/tumour. Given the position of the lump, the vet wasn't able to get enough sample to test whether it's serious or not, so given the uncertainty of what it is, just in case it is something bad and grows into something incurable, she's having it removed tomorrow in an operation, although given her age of 9, there's no certainty she'll wake up from the anaesthetic, and to lose her would be devastating, especially given the suddenness of it all and if the op was all for nothing. Does anyone know what her chances are of surviving the op? It's only a pea sized lump and she's a healthy dog and everything, just, on the wrong side of age as far as ops go.

I'm sorry about Sasha's trouble. As far as the anesthesia I would not worry about that, dogs have less trouble with that than humans do. As for the lump,at her age it is far more likely to be fatty cyst. Hopefully thats all it is.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guest The Architect

Yeah that's what I honestly think it is. I don't take her for walks often enough, and she doesn't play with her twin brother Ricky long enough regularly because he always runs off like a pansy when she tries to pierce his neck or bite his feet off. :D

Edited by The Architect

My cat is sick. He came in yesterday morning, seemed fine. Got home from work and he was laying on the floor. Normally he likes to lay in a chair or on a bed. He was kind of mewing excessively. Picked him up, he threw a fit. He later went to lay on a bed. Didn't get out at all. Not to ask to go outside, not to hang out in the living room, nothing. Picking him up today, another fit, put him down and we notice he's limping.

Took him to the vet. 104 temperature. They think he might have gotten into a fight and got an infection. We'll know more later.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My parents are finally convinced that our cats are too fat. You'd think they'd have realised something was wrong when you look at them from behind while they walk, and the fat swings freely left and right of the spine.

My parents are finally convinced that our cats are too fat. You'd think they'd have realised something was wrong when you look at them from behind while they walk, and the fat swings freely left and right of the spine.

Lol. All my friends think I feed my cats horse steroids becuase they are extra huge and fat. Well one not so much anymore. He's really old and frail and I think we're going to put him down soon. Had him since I was like 4 so he's coming close to the end here.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Does anyone know what her chances are of surviving the op? It's only a pea sized lump and she's a healthy dog and everything, just, on the wrong side of age as far as ops go.

I would think they would be fairly good, an I have known much older dogs that have survived cancer-removal surgery and treatment. :verymad:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

My older brother once knocked a guy out with one punch. He was so surprised he fell over himself! :aiee: Luckily the feat so impressed and amused by standers they jumped in as well.

Yeah

I was in another fight a couple of years ago, and he was busting out these so called "Martial Arts" moves and I just kept dodging them, causing him to fall over. he eventually broke his arm

Sorry, no pics :aiee:

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

Lol. All my friends think I feed my cats horse steroids becuase they are extra huge and fat. Well one not so much anymore. He's really old and frail and I think we're going to put him down soon. Had him since I was like 4 so he's coming close to the end here.

I feel you, Slug. Mine's about 17 now and he's got cat senality. He's like my nana only less hairy somehow.

Guest The Architect

We took Sasha to the vet this morning and by 1530-1600 we'll hear from them. It's gonna be a long day today.

My cat is sick. He came in yesterday morning, seemed fine. Got home from work and he was laying on the floor. Normally he likes to lay in a chair or on a bed. He was kind of mewing excessively. Picked him up, he threw a fit. He later went to lay on a bed. Didn't get out at all. Not to ask to go outside, not to hang out in the living room, nothing. Picking him up today, another fit, put him down and we notice he's limping.

Took him to the vet. 104 temperature. They think he might have gotten into a fight and got an infection. We'll know more later.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope Gizmo {that's his name, isn't it?} pulls through fine.

Of course your cats are going to be big. Fat? No. Buff, yes. They are Sluggo cats after all. :D

Edited by The Architect

I almost got hit by a very small tornado today, not that it came too close - but it was within twenty miles or so of where I am at the moment.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Got denied entrance into the jazz studies program, and the world turns.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

We took Sasha to the vet this morning and by 1530-1600 we'll hear from them. It's gonna be a long day today.

Best of luck, be sure to tell us how she is as soon as you know anything.

-Hurlshot

Guest The Architect

Thanks, DN. Will do.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Probably afraid of your black belt in jejeune mockery. :ermm:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

SASHA'S ALRIGHT! Yay! Mum & Dad left to pick her up 10 or so minutes ago. She'll be home soon, all drowsy and with a big bucket/satellite dish on her head to guarantee she doesn't touch her stitches.

Excellent!! That is the best news I've heard all day. Granted I've only been up for two hours but that will be hard to beat!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

w00t!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trying to flesh out the structure to the honours thesis, but planning a 50-page report when you're only halfway done through research is kinda flaky.

Just read that in the Korean gov, someone screwed up the translation job of English news media, interpreting reports of a loosening of US policy on +30month old beef as a strengthening of the said policy... which directly affected negotiations happening concurrently. Well done. One of the ten/twenty largest economies in the world, and you wouldn't know it from the way we do politics.

went and checked out a new flat today

seems like an alright place, and the people seem friendly enough

hopefully i get it. it's in a cool area with lots of foresty sorta spots nearby

i will be moving away from the beach though :ermm:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Recovered from the weekend. Having issues with the Government's attempts to crowbar Private/public finance initiatives into the Army. Basically we have to pay a private company to feed us now! Rather than have the Army do so. I know you might expect us to be happier with the new system, but in fact British Army chefs are bloody good. Whereas the civilian contractors failed to even turn up on one day! The thought of what these w*****s will try when we're supposed to be travelling, and having them fix our vehicles with them is just terrifying.

Can anyone suggest historical examples of civilians supporting the Armed Forces well?

-Elwood Blues

Cheers, Gortho. Reading now...

-Elwood Blues