The new 7 deadly "social sins"

LadyCrimson

It is one of the reason we protestants left you

ZING

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's a good thing condoms don't stop AIDs, else someone in africa might consider using them. Thanks for clearing that up pope-dude!

And there are lots of "good" people spreading the word over there, just is case anyone was actually using one! :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Then that isn't excessive wealth is it, espessally in the context given.

Than what is "excessive wealth?" :(

I would think they key to differentiating excessive wealth from wealth is that excessive wealth is hoarded.

Of course, I'm making that differentiation to justify how one could be bad and the other not. I have no actual clue what the difference is.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The seven social sins are:

1. ``Bioethical' violations such as birth control :down: Bull. Birth control is nothing like abortion and shouldn't even be debated if whether ethical. Of course its ok! NOTHING exists at that point but SEPERATE sperm and egg! What in the world!!?

2. ``Morally dubious'' experiments such as stem cell research :down: More Bull. This is vital to biomedical industry for drugs and other methods of healthcare.

3. Drug abuse :ermm: This situation is much like the U.S. prohibition of alcohol amendment. These drug issues are the same. Un-ban???

4. Polluting the environment :( Very good one.

5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor :thumbsup: Republicans kill middle class. Yay democrats asses!

6. Excessive wealth o:) Whats wrong with that?! As long as you don't boast and do give money for charitable casues, you're ok.

7. Creating poverty :down: Evil dictatory stuff that is.

Twitter | @Insevin

I would think they key to differentiating excessive wealth from wealth is that excessive wealth is hoarded.

I think that's a decent separation/difference. And it's true that a lot of wealth for people like Gates/Trump is tied up in business affairs etc.

Still, they'd have to give away/do a lot more before I'd consider them to not be hoarding their wealth. :(

Not that I find hoarding some wealth to be against my personal principles...that is, if I had any wealth to speak of.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was only defining 'excessive wealth' as money, in the hands of one person that isn't actually 'doing anything' except going into his pocket, and more than can actually be used by said individual.

That is to say, money like Gates' that is 'working' in Microsoft is fine, while wealth that is simply being 'sat on' is not (such as, in the example above, multiple large private estates).

Likewise, the control is an issue. Gates, legally, can't just disolve Microsoft and become a hermit in a cave made of dimonds, but look at George Soros who dumped 10 billion US worth of British pounds onto the market, almost crashing the entire British economy (this event was known as Black Wednesday). He did this basically because he's an arsehole. In Tailand he's considered an economic war criminal.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Drug abuse

:(

What, you OD'd on childrens Tylenol once? Was it the grape or bubblegum flavor?

No.

:thumbsup: = agree that X is bad

:down: = disagree that X is bad

No offense but that makes little sense. I can see it, but without that key I was clueless what you meant. I thought you said :down: Sickens me and :ermm: Is stupid.

Twitter | @Insevin

I see it, but I still can't understand how anyone can actually support a ban on birth control in this day and age. It's like the Catholic Church thinks it lives in La La land.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Opinion: Excessive wealth :( Whats wrong with that?! As long as you don't boast and do give money for charitable casues, you're ok.

and

Abortion isn't just about the woman but also the baby. You are ending a young ones life with its abortion. However, the child has not yet lived and the parents already have established their life and could be ruined by an unexpected child (I am a christian and don't beleive in "unwanted" children, that everyone has a purpose...) Also as Nightshade said there can be issues of rape, and the like. I consider myself overall to be nuetral but if I had to say, despite my christianity, I'm pro-choice.

Twitter | @Insevin

The Catholic Church doesn't believe in excessive wealth? Is the Pope planning to move to a bedsit anytime soon, 'cause he's kind of in a palace at the moment.

You win the thread! :ban:

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Ninth sin: Picking on fellow forumites in a not particularly friendly manner...

Cut a few posts. Try and keep the discussions about the subject, not each other.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Play nice, guys. :ermm:

I find it fascinating that the new list of sins seems to be resonating - it's the UK's budget statement today, and the Chancellor has raised tax on smoking, drinking and gas-guzzling cars. Interestingly, this is being reported in the press in terms of taxes on 'social sins'. I think for all its many imperfections, this list of social sins is already entering the public consciousness.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

How about Hubris?

Hubris fairly typifies the behavior of the religious organizations - especially the Catholic Church.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.