LOST

Kor Qel Droma

Holy moley,

Ben has the sickness!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hmh, it was nice that they involved everyone in making Ben what he is, a self-fulfilling prophecy if you will. I am a bit disappointed that Sayid who was an assassin and a soldier didn't make sure Ben was dead. He wanted him to die and he had the time. Also the "he won't remember anything" thing is a bit of a cop-out, he could have remembered all of it and just not told them, they totally wasted a good opportunity to explain all the Ben using Sayid as an assassin because he remembers him killing him in the past.

The Hurley and Miles dialog was hilarious. What the heck is wrong with Jack? He put a shirt on right after the shower without drying himself first.

EDIT: I can buy Kate going back to the Island because she felt guilty about Claire/Aaron, it's better than her going back because of Jack or Sawyer.

Edited by Purkake

What the heck is wrong with Jack? He put a shirt on right after the shower without drying himself first.

ROfl I was outraged by this too. I was just like, ugh what is that guy doing...whoa wh- WAIT what are you doing!?!? what noooooo

and then it was too late :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

WTF? Ben has a conscience?

It would say it was half conscience and half acting. When Alex was gone he regained his composure almost instantly.

Both Widmore and Ben seem to be "protecting" the island like freakishly over jealousy husband would.

Locke seems to be treated as a saviour, but remember when Richard met child Locke and how dissapointed he was when Locke chose what he chose from the pile of items.

Also, egyptians? If so, the serpent was Apophis and dog head man was Anubis. Bad and Good, if you will.

Awesome episode.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

For a moment I thought

Penny got killed

. ;)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, Smokey let him live because everything he did has been in the interests of the Island. And they also seemed to put quite some effort in showing that Ben really has a heart, since he couldn't kill Rousseau or Penny. So I think that was the whole point of this episode, to show that we can now finally assume Ben really is a good guy, acting only to protect the Island. Granted, he may have gone astray a few times in his rivalry with Locke, but after being threatened not to cross Locke again, I doubt he will.

Edited by Pope

Ben is a really interesting character and I would hate it if they just had him roll over and be Locke's cabin boy. I feel that Ben has always done what he felt was needed and as much as he could get away with. He doesn't care if people get hurt along the way, but also doesn't go out of his way to hurt them(except Penny and he couldn't kill her anyway).

Who the hell is 'the island' anyway.

There's an Incan temple and a lethal smoke monster, who appears to be in charge of things, then there's Claire and Jack's father who are supposed to be dead but aren't and usually hang around abandoned buildings.

And these entitires know better because ....

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Who the hell is 'the island' anyway.

There's an Incan temple and a lethal smoke monster, who appears to be in charge of things, then there's Claire and Jack's father who are supposed to be dead but aren't and usually hang around abandoned buildings.

And these entitires know better because ....

The temple is Egyptian, if anything. It features hieroglyphs and a picture of Anubis(along with smokey).

The monster is more of a tool or a mechanism than something that is in charge of anything. They have referred to it as a defense mechanism for the temple and now as something that judges people(Mr Eko and now Ben). As far as we know the Others are in charge and take orders from Jacob. Christian(Jack's father) may or may not speak for Jacob(Jacob said "help me" to Locke when he first went into the cabin with Ben). We don't really know anything about Claire at this point.

Edited by Purkake

About Ben's compassionate side... this isn't the first time we've seen it.

Remember when Michael was on the freighter, and how shocked Ben was when Michael told him he had pushed the button on the bomb (and found it didn't work)?

And his little speech about doing "anything" to get what he wants, but he won't harm an innocent?

About Ben's compassionate side... this isn't the first time we've seen it.

Remember when Michael was on the freighter, and how shocked Ben was when Michael told him he had pushed the button on the bomb (and found it didn't work)?

I thought that particular moment was extremely cruel actually - because to me it was a mind game more than anything. Ben was trying to demoralize Michael to the point that he would be easier to control.

Much like when Juliet made Jack sit down and relax before he would get any food, only to leave with it when he complied.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yeah, a nice lead-in to the last bunch of more serious episodes. This one pretty much confirmed stuff: Pierre is Miles' father, they are building the Orchid and the Swan etc. The Miles emotional stuff pretty much left me cold, the evil van kidnap party was interesting, though. A new faction?

Really great to get Faraday back, he's awesome. I also read from somewhere that this season will have a Richard episode.

Edited by Purkake

Yeah, a nice lead-in to the last bunch of more serious episodes. This one pretty much confirmed stuff: Pierre is Miles' father, they are building the Orchid and the Swan etc. The Miles emotional stuff pretty much left me cold, the evil van kidnap party was interesting, though. A new faction?

Really great to get Faraday back, he's awesome. I also read from somewhere that this season will have a Richard episode.

My guess is that the van people are Dharma. They probably want their island back.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

My guess is that the van people are Dharma. They probably want their island back.

This is getting a bit like the Mutant Chronicles already: you have the Losties, the Others, the Dharma Initiative, Widmore and the Island.

I wonder who is sponsoring the new Dharma initiative... Could it be Widmore's next ploy to get the island back or maybe Ben's backup plan?