LOST

Kor Qel Droma

It seems to me like there is two tiers among the levels of power behind the curtain, with Linus and Widmore being less powerful upstarts who are trying to take definite control of the island. The really powerful ones are Alpert, Hawking and, of course, Jacob. It seems to me like these three have always been dismissive of Benjamin Linus, and as for Widmore, I think he rebelled against the rest of the Others, in order to take the island for himself.

I agree about the two tiers, but I think that Richard is not "powerful". He knows what he has to do and does it, he has no ambition beyond that. Maybe he is the default leader of the Others when there is no leader, being immortal helps too.

Weird thought - maybe Alpert is ultimately to the island what Abadon was for Widmore - the guy who helped people get to where they need to be?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Abaddon getting shot was really really lame. I hope we still get to see him somehow (in the past maybe), and that he wasn't just cut because of time restraints due to Fringe.

For the rest this was an awesome episode.

Edited by Pope

I was a little bit disappointed in the episode... not because it wasn't awesome, it was, but because I'm definitely ready for the story to move forward and the backstory / exposition in this one sort upset the flow for me. On it's own, the episode was really great. I was really surprised to see Abbaddon die, for some reason, I had the impression he was immortal, much like Richard...

I think my general theory is that Abbaddon and Alpert are "angels" both working for different sides. The dark skinned "angel" being evil is too obvious and I've always gotten a really sleazy vibe from Richard, so I'd say Abbaddon works for the "good" side and Richard the bad side.

I think that the power of the island corrupts people. Even good hearted Locke became brainwashed with the "sacrifice the island demanded" nonsense. I think that Jacob, the force for good on the island has been trapped and legitimately asked John for help and that Christian is not Jacob.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Last night's episode was great. I loved seeing Sawyer morph into the responsible leader type. At the end, my kids kept saying he looked different... and I had to point out that he was *happy*.

Though now that they've lived there for three years, and presumably had a way to leave the island if they'd wanted to, I wonder just how interested they are in returning to their own time.

I can't believe we have to wait two weeks for the next one.... bah.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Great episode. The look on Sawyer's face after

3 years in the dharma initiative and then seeing Jack, Hurley and Kate

. Can't wait for the next two episodes. I'm hoping they'll show Faraday in the Orchid and more on Charlotte. And then the others with Locke and Ben still has to come. Quite a bit to wrap up in the next 6 episodes when the Season ends.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

. Can't wait for the next two episodes. I'm hoping they'll show Faraday in the Orchid and more on Charlotte. And then the others with Locke and Ben still has to come. Quite a bit to wrap up in the next 6 episodes when the Season ends.

Next 6 episodes? Lostpedia tells me that this season will have 17 episodes total and this one was the eighth.

Yes, there's 9 more coming up. Next week is a break.

Can't wait for this season's Ben episode. Certainly Sawyer & co will meet young Ben in Dharma, which is probably why he seems to know so much about them.

Yes, there's 9 more coming up. Next week is a break.

Can't wait for this season's Ben episode. Certainly Sawyer & co will meet young Ben in Dharma, which is probably why he seems to know so much about them.

I'm sure there will be a Ben episode. I want my Libby episode.(And an Others episode with Cindy and Alex.)

Next 6 episodes? Lostpedia tells me that this season will have 17 episodes total and this one was the eighth.

Great. Imdb, is obviously wrong. I'd like to see how the writers manage to get around with the survivors

being in the dharma initiative and if they see other characters like a young Ben. I think we'll see a young Ben and his father arrive on the island and some of the survivors might be around at this time.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

• 2 weeks later...

Woot! Now this was an interesting episode - it felt long and a lot of different story lines were touched on, even if it was very only briefly.

+ Seeing little Ben was neat! He looks so scared all the time.

Fortune favors the bald.

I haven't rewatched the episode yet, but I've heard internet rumblings that the Smoke Monster came in through the door in the Cabin while Sun was talking to Christian as well.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Nice spotted! I didn't see that at all..

I just stole the gif from NeoGAF o:). It's still pretty interesting, though...

I haven't rewatched the episode yet, but I've heard internet rumblings that the Smoke Monster came in through the door in the Cabin while Sun was talking to Christian as well.

Yeah there was certainly some smoke flying around and the door opened on it's own. I think that they were heavily implying that the Smoke Monster is connected to Christian/Claire.

Edited by Purkake

I'm calling it now: Faraday will cause the Incident.

Faraday is looking for a way to save Charlotte. He knows that he can't tell young Charlotte to leave the Island and never come back, since that will eventually result in her coming back anyway and dying. But not telling her to leave will result in her dying in the Purge. So he must find another way.

This season's opening scene made it pretty clear Faraday is going to mess with time in the Orchid. However, I believe his path will eventually lead to the Swan.

Faraday knows Desmond is special, that the rules don't apply to him. He will want to reproduce the same effect on himself, so that he can cheat destiny. It shouldn't be hard for him to figure out that the reason for Desmond's specialness is the radiation he underwent by turning the Swan's failsafe key. Thus, Faraday will willingly cause the Incident so that the same happens to him.

Whether he will actually manage to change things, that's another matter. I doubt it.

I also believe this to be the reason why Faraday was crying when he saw the news of Oceanic 815's wreckage being found at the bottom of the ocean. Being radiated by the electromagnetism unstuck his consciousness in time, resulting in him feeling emotions associated with 815 (Charlotte dying) even when he hasn't experienced those yet. Much like Desmond didn't remember his meeting with Faraday at the hatch until many years later.

And it could explain why Eloise Hawking appeared so cold when Desmond mentioned her son. She is trying to maintain/protect the timeline from being meddled with, and thus he opposed everything she stands for.

Episode was a bit slow(or maybe I'm a bit bored with the "Sayid is a killer" stuff), but the ending totally made up for it. So the Island/the Others resurrected Ben like Christian Shepard and Claire? Has he been the Smoke Monster all this time? The Others have a thing for dead bodies, that's for sure.

It doesn't really make sense to me that Ben is a part of the island like that (he seems to "human").. Although I can't see how it could be any other way now..

Kudos for actually killing a child on primetime though (as in not being afraid of offending people)

Fortune favors the bald.

It doesn't really make sense to me that Ben is a part of the island like that (he seems to "human").. Although I can't see how it could be any other way now..

Kudos for actually killing a child on primetime though (as in not being afraid of offending people)

Yeah, I guess he got the "regular resurrection" where you just come back to life. The "extra awesome resurrection" ala Christian makes you extra creepy.