LOST

Kor Qel Droma

Holy **** you guys jump to conclusions fast. Maybe Ben isn't dead..yet.

That is a possibility, but it would pretty much be a cop-out. He is shown shot in the heart region by a professional soldier/assassin and he is a kid alone in the middle of a jungle at night.

EDIT: I would have shot him repeatedly in the head after that, but it's TV so one shot will have to do.

Edited by Purkake

Ben isn't dead because, well, he's always been alive. I actually thought they wouldn't have Sayid pretend-kill Ben because one, it was predictable, and two it would force them to have Sayid shoot Ben in a way that seems lethal but actually, isn't. If Sayid was such a cold blooded killer with a deep seated hatred towards Ben, he would have shot Ben in the face, or something.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ben isn't dead because, well, he's always been alive. I actually thought they wouldn't have Sayid pretend-kill Ben because one, it was predictable, and two it would force them to have Sayid shoot Ben in a way that seems lethal but actually, isn't. If Sayid was such a cold blooded killer with a deep seated hatred towards Ben, he would have shot Ben in the face, or something.

Well, the writers said that there won't be any paradoxes. I don't think that young Ben will survive being shot. The Others will probably find his body, take it away and work their magic on it. Or maybe the Smoke Monster will bring him to Jacob and make him the next leader?

Well, the writers said that there won't be any paradoxes. I don't think that young Ben will survive being shot. The Others will probably find his body, take it away and work their magic on it. Or maybe the Smoke Monster will bring him to Jacob and make him the next leader?

We see him kill his father and the Dharma Initiative when he is much older (30-40ish) so I don't think the Others will take him in, they will most likely resurrect him and then send him back.

Fortune favors the bald.

He's not, in any way, dead.

Heja Sverige!!

If Sayid was such a cold blooded killer with a deep seated hatred towards Ben, he would have shot Ben in the face, or something.

Sayid isn't a cold-blooded killer, he was pretty emotional at the end.

the bullet didn't hit a vital part?

My guess is this.

Unless what happens in past island doesn't affect what happens in future island. Parallel planes and whatnot.

I don't think it will go that way. I prefer the circular theory of the self-fulfilling prophecy. Locke is the chosen one because everyone kept telling that to Richard in the past and everything in the future has happened because of what the Losties did in the past.

He's not, in any way, dead.

You think he was wearing a bulletproof vest or somehow the bullet didn't hit a vital part?

What the bullet hit, exactly I don't know, but I'm sure that the Losties will be involved in saving his life. Jack, for example, would be a good bet at doing the saving.

Ix-nay on the paradox. Hay.

Heja Sverige!!

He's not dead. On the contrary, surviving such a thing will be what makes him believe he's the chosen one.

There's only one timeline in Lost. Whatever happened, happened. Anything we see are just pieces in that one timeline. It's easier to understand if you view it from the Island's point of view, rather than from the characters'.

Edited by Pope

He's not dead. On the contrary, surviving such a thing will be what makes him believe he's the chosen one.

There's only one timeline in Lost. Whatever happened, happened. Anything we see are just pieces in that one timeline.

Being dead and getting resurrected Locke/Christian style would achieve the same result.

Where is the adult Ben right now? Isn't he in a coma or something with all the new plane crash folks? Perhaps he's going to die, but it can't undo the past, only end his future.

He's still in the future with Lipedus and Sun (who has knocked him out).

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm loving the last few episodes, but now I wanna see what's going on with Locke and Ben in the present.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Where is the adult Ben right now? Isn't he in a coma or something with all the new plane crash folks? Perhaps he's going to die, but it can't undo the past, only end his future.

There's only one timeline in Lost. Whatever happened, happened. Anything we see are just pieces in that one timeline. It's easier to understand if you view it from the Island's point of view, rather than from the characters'.

I'm pretty sure Ben always got shot in 1977 by Sayid. History has not changed, we're seeing exactly what made Ben become the man he would eventually turn out to be. Having contact in 1977 with the Losties looks to be the reason why he always seemed to know so much about what would happen. For example, he could walk straight up to Keamy, knowing that he wouldn't die, because as a kid he found out that his adult version will be on Ajira 316 in 2007. Starting from 2007, however, I don't think Ben has any knowledge. He's as much in the dark now as anyone else.

I'm loving the last few episodes, but now I wanna see what's going on with Locke and Ben in the present.

QFT (except that there is no present :) it's easier to say 2007)

And where the hell is Desmond??

Edited by Pope

I'm pretty sure Ben always got shot in 1977 by Sayid. History has not changed, we're seeing exactly what made Ben become the man he would eventually turn out to be. Having contact in 1977 with the Losties looks to be the reason why he always seemed to know so much about what would happen. For example, he could walk straight up to Keamy, knowing that he wouldn't die, because as a kid he found out that his adult version will be on Ajira 316 in 2007. Starting from 2007, however, I don't think Ben has any knowledge. He's as much in the dark now as anyone else.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The writers have said that there will be no paradoxes and no alternate timelines(IIRC). This is also way cooler than some Heroes crap with multiple futures and other confusing stuff. Everything we see in the past has always happened from the Island's POV. Desmond is the only one who can change things, because he is "special".

Another thing that supports the "one timeline" is the fact that if Juliet hadn't been in 1977, Ethan would've never survived being born on the Island. Ethan (with Richard) eventually recruits Juliet to the Island. So Juliet coming to the Island is only possible because she was there in 1977 when Amy went into labor.

I also much prefer Lost's interpretation of time travel to Heroes'.

Edited by Pope

Also, one other thing about that scene makes sense now.

When Ethan and Richard recruited Juliet, Ethan seemed to be in awe of her.

That never really made sense till now.

Makes you wonder if the writers really do have everything planned out like they've said....

Also, one other thing about that scene makes sense now.

When Ethan and Richard recruited Juliet, Ethan seemed to be in awe of her.

That never really made sense till now.

Makes you wonder if the writers really do have everything planned out like they've said....

In addition to that, maybe Ben becomes such a bad person in the future because he sees Sayid murder him(an innocent kid) in cold blood. That might also be why he has Sayid's wife Nadia killed and why he uses him as an assassin. Karma's a bitch.

Edit: And because Sayid says "You were right, I am a killer", Ben keeps telling him that in the future. Mind = blown.

Edited by Purkake

I have a feeling Sayid is going to die this season. He now has nowhere to go on the Island: he can't join Dharma, nor can he join the Others. His role seems to be played out. Shooting Ben will be the catalyst to turning him into the Ben as we know him, and therefore Sayid will have created that which he wanted to prevent. This is his destiny on the Island I think, and now it's fulfilled.

The female bountyhunter?

Yeah that makes sense.. He does seem to have played his hands - his wife is dead - his people are turning against him.. I'd be sorry to see him go, I thought he was/is an interesting character.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, we are running very close to the end here. It's pretty likely that anyone could die in the final stretch. I'm pretty sure they will make his death epic if it does happen, hopefully better than Eko's death.

What happened to Bernard and Rose? Are they going to turn out to be the skeleton couple in the caves? Or are they just a lost storyline?

Well, we are running very close to the end here. It's pretty likely that anyone could die in the final stretch. I'm pretty sure they will make his death epic if it does happen, hopefully better than Eko's death.

What happened to Bernard and Rose? Are they going to turn out to be the skeleton couple in the caves? Or are they just a lost storyline?

Oh yeah - that would be a cool twist... man you guys have a good memory of what happened in the previous seasons..

Fortune favors the bald.