NHL

SteveThaiBinh

"Um, Drury and Shany both had pretty miserable playoffs, but I though Volourn was the one who always railed against applying the choke artist moniker?"

Um.. except I never called them playoff chokers did I? I said they sucked ie they aren't playing well.

"Maybe you're to ignorant to realize how great of a penalty killer he is. Maybe you're to ignorant to realize how important faceoffs are."

He's a good PK; but not good enough. I know how important faceoffs are but when you have a rep for being a playoff performer... you better back it up. I don't care how good your face off % is when you can't get the timely goals.

"Maybe you should stop watching hockey because you obviously the type of Ranger fan everyone complains about."

Maybe you should stop pretending you know everything espicially about the Rangers or 'Ranger fans'. Plus, why should I care about the 'hypocritical and mythical everyone' when they tend to be retarded. Are these the same 'everyones' who claimed SJ would win the cup, and Detroit would 'choke' in the playoffs? L0L

"The untalented hack that Avery is was 8th on team in points. 154 penalty minutes."

L0L It's ahrd to take you seriously when you call him 'untalented' when he's everything but. And, look, outside of game 1, Avery hasn't done much this series and they're losing. Coincidence? Nope.. outside of Jagr, and Lundqvist, he's the most important player on the team. He's also a skilled player. Do you even watch him play or do you make stuff up when trying to pretend you have hockey knowledge when you obviously don't? L0LLIGAGZ!

P.S. I never called Drury *or* Shanahan untalented or not good. they are good players but both are overrated espicially Drury.

P.S. GWGs are irrelevant when they count goals scored in blowouts or luck. ie. Team win 4-2 but built a 4-0 lead.. 3rd goal maybe the technical GW but it's not exactly impressive for the goal score. L0L

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Here's hoping all the teams down 3-0 (well, except for those stinky Avalanche) get to win that customary game four to avoid the sweep.

And Jagrs' playoff beard = hilarious. It'd be pretty cool if he shaved his lip. Whenever I see him close up on tv I always think he's just back on the bench after being in the training room getting stitches for a high stick that hit him right under his nose...

Personally I want the Rangers to drag the series out to seven, hell, they should win the damn thing, just so we can see how funky his facial hair gets.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Apparently, it's possible to discuss hockey players without calling people losers, ignorant, etc.

I respectfully request that the pot and the kettle stop with the handbags. :shifty:

Apparently, it's possible to discuss hockey players without calling people losers, ignorant, etc.

I'm not sure you can really call it a discussion without the name calling. :shifty:

It amazes me that there is the possibility for 3 sweeps in the second round and of course two of them are against the teams that I picked. Anyone know when was the last time more than one team was swept in the same round?

It has nothing to do with karma.. unless you suggest all injuries are because of karma. L0L I guess the kids starving to death in Africa are doing so because theya re evil people, and 'karma' is punishing them. L0L

Anyways, all the teams that were down 3-0 (including the Rangers) are D U N.

Edited by Volourn

A ruptured spleen is "deserved"? That's too ****ing low even for this thread. It's just a game, I hope he recovers. Someone should just teach him to keep his riling antics inside the sportsmanship boundaries. If Esa could do it, so can Avery (although Esa was ten times the player Avery will ever be).

I'm very surprised by how well the Flyers are playing. The Penguins and Flyers are both very positive surprises this play-off season.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Nah. Those African children did. Karma got back at them. :bat:

And, Pat laFontaine too. He had it coming. And, when that palyer injured Gretzky at the Canada Cup, Gretz deserved. It was karma payback.

P.S. If you ain't getting it... karma is a myth.

And, they'd probably miss the playoffs too 'cause they wouldn't have him or Jagr most likely... thoguh, it's not a guarantee that Avery will be a Ranger next season, anyways.

Besdies, Avery is more classy than the majority of the league. Look at that classless punk Brodeur. Or half the Flyers. L0L

And, the Rangers are classier than 99% of the league.

And, you showed how unclassy you can be by wishing injury on someone who isn't some evil monster. What's next? A party if Pronger gets hit by a bus? L0L

Edited by Volourn

"When did I wish injury on someone? And you keep bringing up Brodeur as if I'm a Devils fan, which I don't really understand."

Because the claim is Broduer is Mr. Classy when he isn't. I just use him as an example. Team is irrelevant.

LMAO @ Ovechkin video. :lol:

I can't really remember saying Brodeur was classy either, and if I did, I probably should of said that Avery should have RESPECT (I think that's the word I used actually) for one of the greatest goaltenders of all time.

You earn respect; not handed to. I'm sure Avery respects Broduer's accomplishments.. but, why should Avery respect someone who speared him the balls and corsschecked him in the back and didn't have the common couresy of shaking his hand at the end of the series? Nope... Brodeur didn't earn Avery's respect.

Wishing physical injury on people is considered bad form. That includes wishing for spleen injuries on people, just because you don't like them. I think I mentioned something about either giving this Avery guy a rest, or discuss it in a non-confrontational manner. I would hate to have to dig backwards in this thread to figure out who started it this time... It makes me grumpy :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You earn respect; not handed to. I'm sure Avery respects Broduer's accomplishments.. but, why should Avery respect someone who speared him the balls and corsschecked him in the back and didn't have the common couresy of shaking his hand at the end of the series? Nope... Brodeur didn't earn Avery's respect.

And Avery didn't earn Brodeur's respect (or 65% of the leagues according to an NHL player poll on NHL.com). Brodeur shouldn't have shook that dirtbag's hand.

Just so you don't miss that.

Great game by the Rangers and Lundkvist tonight! Why haven't they played with that stability the entire series? They smothered all that speedy intensity of the Penguins and capitalized on their own chances. Jagr may not be the Jagr of old, but damn is he still good!

Oh, and it was fun to at one point in the game see both Crosby and Malkin in the penalty box at the same time :D

Damn, out of edit time.

But still.. Four Swedes, EIGHT goals for Detroit! That's pretty amazing!