NHL

SteveThaiBinh

6/8 on my picks, though i don't think i was right on any of the number of games... except for colorado. was really hoping for a pens/caps matchup in the second round. damn flyers.

2nd Round

Montreal vs Philly - I gotta go with Montreal. I'll say six games.

Pittsburgh/New York - Pittsburgh in seven. Fleury will be easier to rattle than Brodeur, but I still think the Pens can win.

Detroit vs Colorado - Colorado in six.

San Jose vs Dallas - San Jose in five.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I went 6-2 in round 1.

ROUND TWO PREDICTION

------------------------------

1. Montreal over Philedelphia in 6 games - Philly barely beat Washington a one man team. Not gonna happen here.

2. NY Rangers over Pittsburgh in 6 games - Could go either way. My inherent bias wins out ehre; but I won't be shocked if Pens do win. Main thing is that Avery, and Lundqvist give the Rangers an edge though nobody can rule out Hossa/Malkin/Crosby exploding either though Avery embarassed Hossa last year...

3. Detroit over Colorado in 7 games - On paper this should be a cakewalk for Red Wings; but Sakic/Forsberg simply cna't be ignored..

4. San Jose over Dallas in 5 games - Sorry Turco. I like you but this is Sharks time.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

One thing that rubs me the wrong way is home teams that boo the opposing countries national anthem. Like Montreal does a lot.

Yeah, I was pretty embarrassed that San Jose did that to Edmonton a couple years ago. Of course, those folks were pretty much called out in the newspaper (at least the section that booed was) and I haven't heard anything disrespectful since. Their was also a bit of confusion, because they had put Chris Pronger up on the jumbotron during the Canadian anthem and I think people were more booing him.

It sounded like I heard San Jose fans singing the Canadian anthem, so kudos to them!

Edited by alanschu

It wasn't that bad up here. It only sucks because it was looking so nice for a month or so beforehand.

At least the weather is ****ty in Calgary!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

We finally had some sun today after 3.5 straight days of snow! If it wasn't giant puffy snowflakes, it was sleety blizzard snowflakes.

My car is not moving for a while haha.

Back up to 11 by Monday it says though. Should melt fairly quickly. I'll bet the farmers are happy though!

I was 4/8 as well.

East:

Montreal over Philly in 6 - Both teams went to game 7 in the last round, so it will be entertaining at least. I think Philly is worse than Boston though, so I doubt they can win.

New York over Pittsburgh in 7 - I bet against the Rangers before because I though Brodeurs experience would make the difference. I'm betting for the Rangers this round for almost the same reason. They have the experience, they've got a great shut down defense, and I don't trust Fluery. It will be entertaining though, Malkin and Crosby will always be a threat to take over.

West:

Colorado over Detroit in 6 - I don't think I actually saw Colorado play in the first round. Detroit might be in trouble if they can't pick a goalie. I was shocked they dropped two to Nashville. This is my risky pick, I guess.

San Jose over Dallas in 6 - As long as the Sharks don't let Ott bother them, they should be in good shape here. It will be another very physical series. With the way Roenick responded to being benched, I think Wilson should sit him every other game :sorcerer:

I'm glad I changed my pick from Anaheim to Dallas. I think I went 4 for 8 as well if you don't count the change.

The West:

Dallas at San Jose: I'm going to go with the Sharks in seven here. Dallas played great against the Ducks, but Anaheim was horrible in the first round. This one could go either way.

Colorado vs Detroit: Theodore was the difference in the series against the Wild. That being said, Detroits' forward core plus the best tandem in the league means the Avs go down. Detroit in five.

The East:

Flyers at Montreal: I'm split on this one. Boston limped into the playoffs and actually made Montreal look bad a few times. Philly squeaks by the Caps with hard work and some questionable reffing. To hell with it, I'll pick Montreal Philly in seven.

Rangers vs Pens: Another tough one. Rangers have the edge in experience and goaltending, while everyone knows what Pittsburgh brings to the table. Since I'm a Gonchar fanboi I'll say the Pens in a gruelling six game contest. My Stoner Senses predict many overtime games in this matchup.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Been busy the past couple days so I didn't get my second round predictions up until after the first two games were done, but here they are now!

Montreal vs Philadelphia: Philadelphia shouldn't even be in the second round (missed goalie interference call in game seven). They'll put up a fight, but I don't think they'll push Montreal as hard as Boston did. Montreal in six.

Pittsburgh vs New York: I like New York here. Both teams have some great offensive players, but I think New York has the edge in goal and that will be the deciding factor in this series. New York in six.

Detroit vs Colorado: The old guys held up for me in the first round, but Detroit is a much bigger offensive threat and I think that should see them through. Detroit in five.

San Jose vs Dallas: Not to take anything away from Dallas play in the first round, but Anaheim was horrible. San Jose isn't going to give up nearly as many goals while down a man. San Jose in six.

Now to go watch the Habs game that I recorded last night while I was out.

Edited by Deraldin

Bah. Choked up a 3-0 lead. BOO! Series is far from over, and Lundqvist should play better. 5 goals on 26 shots is UNACCEPTABLE.

Edited by Volourn

WOW! they won b/c Ludnqvist had a bad game. But, that's ok. Unlike Broduer the Crybaby the Pens played hard and didn't give up like the NJ Losers. And, look at that, the 'unskilled punk' scored ANOTHER goal.

He also has a game winner, and a game clinching goal. Again, like I said, not bad for an 'unskilled punk'. 6 points in 6 games. Not exactly shaby. It wasn't his fault they lost either - it was Lundqvist's. Period.

You should be swearing at Price instead, Deraldin.

Something is off regarding Price. Not sure just what it is but he seems to be having trouble catching the puck.

1st goal: Koivu screens Price, puck goes high over the glove.

2nd goal: Price a little deep in his net, puck again goes high over his shoulder into a puck sized hole.

3rd goal: Pfft, just trip Briere damnit!

4th goal: Puck knocked out of his glove by a stick then backhanded in.

Price had plenty of swearing thrown his way during the game. As did Brion, just for different reasons. Biron robbed the Habs about a half dozen times in the second period, let alone the third.

Edited by Deraldin

Modano's wife > Sharks' fans

btw, this is an example of a Shark fan just in the lame responses: "Oh that is right, she is married to Modano. One of the softest players I have ever seen. "

LMAO So very weak of a comeback - insult her husband who happens to be a greta player whose anything BUT soft.

I also love the fact they answer her comments with pathetic insults of their own - seems to me she hit them with the truth - and now they fling poo as that's all they got.