NHL

SteveThaiBinh

swear all you wnat; but how does his unorthodox screening make him a goon? He never laid a hand on anyone. It was Broduer who was being a goon taking shot sat him with his stick. Brdouer should have been penalized then again the refs are so hilariously bias towards Avery it's garbage.

Totally legit, considering they just made a rule against it.

Only because the league has a bias towards Avery. *shrug*

But, then again, Avery is the goon even when he's not hitting anyone but Brodeur is a nice,s weet guy ... who punches peopel in the face, wacks them with his stick, pears them, and crosschecks them. LMAO

All Avery was doing wass creening the goalie. LMAO But, I guess, innovation isn't allowed in the NHL. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Do you honestly want that kind of behaviour to be included in hockey? I know you always defy all reason and logic, but even someone as narrow-minded as you should be able to see past your team loyalty. Unsportsmanlike conduct should be referred to more often.

Glad they took care of it immediately. Props to the NHL for doing this.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Go Ottawa! They're really playing better with the captain back in the line-up! 1-0 so far and it feels like they have a shot at winning tonite.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Do you honestly want that kind of behaviour to be included in hockey?"

How is he hurting anyone doing what he did? His stick is no position to hit anyone so that's not the reason. All he is doing is finding a creative way tos creen/bother Brdouer. That's his job being in front of the net. It was Broduer slashing, punching, and doing cheap shots yet everyone here seems to think that's a-ok and 'sportsmanship'. Real mature of Broduer, and his fnaboys.L0L

"What about the two HITS he through at Brodeur?"

Like the one behind the net? Give me a break. Broduer went out of his net/crease to play the puck. Avery went in to stop him. He didn't evenr eally check him; but love tapoped him 'cause you gotta treat goalies with kid gloves.

People whine that i'm biased cause Avery is a Ranger. I beg to differ. You (and the league) are bias against Avery so anything he does is automatically viewed as 'unsportsmanslike'. I guarantee you if anotehr player had done this nothing would be said by most.

I will gladly point out when Ranger players do cheap shots, and garbage crap I want out of the game. What Avery did is harmless to me. He was hurting nobody. Except distratcing Broduer effectivley which, ONCE AGAIN, is his job.

Then again, Avery is just unskilled goon who has 3 goals, and assist in 4 games versus one of the best goalies ever. L0L

Edited by Volourn

Go Ottawa! They're really playing better with the captain back in the line-up! 1-0 so far and it feels like they have a shot at winning tonite.

3 Pittsburgh goals. >_<

EDIT: Make that 4. GG Refs. :down:

Edited by Deraldin

I'm not surprised about them making what Avery did illegal, though I did find it particularly humourous when I was watching him do it to Brodeur.

I'm not surprised because I know football and basketball also have similar rules preventing players from intentionally doing stuff like that as well.

People whine that i'm biased cause Avery is a Ranger. I beg to differ. You (and the league) are bias against Avery so anything he does is automatically viewed as 'unsportsmanslike'. I guarantee you if anotehr player had done this nothing would be said by most.

I will gladly point out when Ranger players do cheap shots, and garbage crap I want out of the game. What Avery did is harmless to me. He was hurting nobody. Except distratcing Broduer effectivley which, ONCE AGAIN, is his job.

Then again, Avery is just unskilled goon who has 3 goals, and assist in 4 games versus one of the best goalies ever. L0L

The guy on Hockey Night Live said it the best:

Avery is not the Rangers. There are MUCH better players (Jagr, Drury, Shanahan, ect) on the team. He needs to top making this series about him and start making it about the team.

He should respect Brodeur (one of the greatest of all time, like you said) enough not to pull some cheap-**** like that. I'm surprised Brodeur didn't just punch him with his...What was it, 3 Stanley Cup rings?

"Avery is not the Rangers. There are MUCH better players (Jagr, Drury, Shanahan, ect) on the team. He needs to top making this series about him and start making it about the team. "

The idiot who said that misses the point. The whole point to Avery's game is to distact the other team so they concentrate on him, and let the other skilled players do their thing. btw, Shanahan is no longer as good as Avery. In his career, yes, now, no.

There's a reason why the Rangers have a better record with Avery than without. he's awesome at his job. And, he's doing a terrific job of it getting Broduer off his game.

"He should respect Brodeur (one of the greatest of all time, like you said) enough not to pull some cheap-**** like that. I'm surprised Brodeur didn't just punch him with his...What was it, 3 Stanley Cup rings"

bbrdouer needs to act a vertan, and earn that respect. You don't get respect by punching someone in the face, and corsschekcing, and spearing them. Why should Avery respect a goon like that? The fact that people call Avery unsportsmanlike for waving his stick high in the air where it can't hurt anyone but think it's a-ok for Brdouer to physically attack someone is balony.

Avery should continue tod o what he does - combine skill + agitator which he does quite well.

Again, Rangers are a better team with Avery in the line up. There's a reason for that, and is no coincidence.

4 points in 3 games versus one of the best goalies ever says everything I need to know about Avery's skill level, and how much he's gotten under Broduer's whiny skin.

Win or lose the series, Avery has been awesome. Period.

"Look at me I'm awesome because I refuse to speak to the press"

Even Valliquete (sp? Rangers back up goalie) said "Avery would be missing teeth if he did that infront of me"

Brodeur should have knocked his **** out, done the whole damn league a favor.

There's no denying it Volourn, you're a Rangers fanboy. I'd be embarrassed if anyone on any of my teams was dumb enough to pull a stunt like that. Avery was a semi-respectable player until this point.

Edited by Krookie

So.. waving a stick in the air because you just don't care is evil; but physical assault is a-ok? LMAO

Nothing more really needs to be said. L0LLIGAGZ!

P.S. Really? You think I care what Valiquette says? of course a goalie will say that. And, that's why Avery did it. To agitate. Which is his friggin' job. L0L

Still, this proves how awesome Avery is. He intimidates the NHl so much they even change the rule book for him. They should call it the Sean Avery Rule.

HAHAHA!

P.S. The media is pathetic. I don't blame him for not talking to those scumbags. He's paid to play hockey, not to talk... unless it's talkin' trash with fellow players on the ice. HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm a Rangers fanboy? Nah. I've criticized Ranger splenty of times when they do scummy things. This isn't one of those. Not even close. Avery is an old school player who plays hard all the time, and brings skillz to his game. That's respectable, and honourable. Quite frnakly, he did nothing wrong. then again, you believe in physical assault so *shrug* you are the last person who shoudl be talking about unsportsmanslike anyways..

R00fles!

It's all about the anti Avery bias.

Why do you always say "lolligagz, l0l, and r00fles"?

Because that just makes you seem like an 11 year old, which goes along with your hockey-knowledge. You obviously have no respect for the league. Rangers fanboy it is I guess, because Rangers fans I know, die hard, never missed a game in his life, was cursing off Avery for what he did. He's an embarrassment to what is supposed to be one of the most respectable clubs in the NHL. I bet Messier would have Avery benched if he were still on the team.

Messier wasn't a coach. And, you say I have no hockey knowledge. L0L

But, yeah, Avery is evil bnecause he waves his stick in the air hurting nobody; but you find physical assault a-ok and makes the league proud. I guess you think Bertuzzi did nothing wrong.

I don't give a crap what some Ranger fans thinl. There ar epeople who agree with me too. *shrug* That's life.

The league has no respect for itself, or innovation. What Avery did was absolute genius. Pure, and simple.

Avery, Bertuzzi, Simon...

All three names won't go down in history for goal scoring, big hits, game winners, or playmaking abilities, but cheap shots and cheap plays.

All talented hockey players that are overshadowed by their big shot state of mind.

Also: Captains have a HUGE role in what players play, afterall, I should know (being a captain a few times in my life. Learn your **** or don't talk).

Edited by Krookie

"Avery, Bertuzzi, Simon...

All three names won't go down in history for goal scoring, big hits, game winners, or playmaking abilities, but cheap shots and cheap plays."

What ahs Avery done that puts in the same group as those two? He's never crippled anyone that I know off. Players and the league don't like him because he's the best trash talker in the game, and does it so effectively it takes people off their game. That's why he's hated despite the fact he doesn't go around crippling people - unlike your buddy Broduer who loves to tkae his stick and spear people. L0L

Avery coasts the line but has not crossed it.

P.S. Come on, Washington. Can't have Ovechkin lose in the first round to the Goon Squad Elite.

The fact that people call Avery unsportsmanlike for waving his stick high in the air where it can't hurt anyone

That's the only thing I didn't like about Avery doing that, given that all you need is some guy to come a little close and suddenly the waving stick is hurting someone.

Well, as someone else pointed out, if that were the case, he'd get a penalty fort sure as even if accidental you have to have full control of your stick, and if not a penalty.

By the way, I know this won't change opinions as those are pretty much hardcoded, but here's a pro Avery article: http://www.411mania.com/sports/nhl/73299/P...ers-4.16.08.htm But, yeah, I'm sure he's retarded and knows nothing about hockey either..

Though, it should be pointed out what fatcual error there as Pronger *did* get suspended for his dumbness this season...

calgayry shouldn't even be competing with the Sharks. Thornton and Cheechoo got their first goals of the series last night (when they really needed it too). Clowe has been doing the majority of the scoring for the them, shouldn't be as close as it is.

I'm not surprised Calgary is giving the Sharks a hard time. First, the top three in Calgary are as good as they come in Iginla, Kipper, and Phaneuf. Iginla is a great clutch goal scorer, and I was afraid for that game to go into overtime because I could see him finishing it by himself.

Sure the Sharks are deeper and have more talent, but Calgary is a physical team and they aren't giving up a lot of inches on the ice. I just hope this series toughens the Sharks up for the rest of the playoffs without eliminating them. The Sharks lack intensity out there during certain stretches. It was a problem all season and I didn't see things really click until the last 20 games.