NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Pittsburgh made Ottawa look pretty bad. The Sens never really threatened at all. Ryan Whitney destroyed Wade Redden in a late fight, too.

It's kinda hard to fight when you can't see, not to mention Whitney still had his helmet on.

There were a few bright spots for Ottawa, most notable being their goaltending. The scoreboard didn't really reflect his play. There was really only one of those goals that Gerber really should have stopped and that was the third one that was scored by Malkin. Ottawa has a lot of work to do.

Iginla has a mohawk. :)

2-1 Flames in the first 7 minutes.

Edited by Deraldin

Great game happening between Minnesota and Colorado! Gaborik is just as good in the play-offs as he is in the grind, at least in this game. Forsberg has been more dominant than I've seen him in years. And despite not having made especially many saves, B

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sharks are down 3-1 in the third. Can't see them losing this series, they just need to get their heads in the game

3-2 with 56 seconds to go.

EDIT: Wow, the Sharks had about half a dozen chances there in the last minute with the extra attacker on the ice. Kipper stood on his head tonight on several shots.

Edited by Deraldin

L0L He's far from the dirtiest player. He's doesn't go stepping on people with his skates, he doesn't try to injure people, and while he's a pest he tries to keep it clean. On top of that, he is a very good hockey player with some skillz. And, he's hated simply because he's awesome at his job. Plus, all teams wish they had an Avery type player on their team.

GO AVERY GO!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

he's a dirty player, and what "skills" do you speak of? The guy came up with 33 points this season and 154 penalty minutes (in 57 games). I'll stick with players like Pavel Datsyuk who tally 97 points, with just 20 penalty minutes. That was in 82 games by the way.

People wonder why the NHL is always thought of big goons running around wacking each other with sticks, it's guy like Avery and Chris Simon that give the league it's bad rep.

Edited by Krookie

Guest Accept

Avery adds a lot more to the game than Chris Simon, imo. And a league with only players as Datsyuk who produces 97 points on a season would become quite boring after a while. "Players" like Avery exists everywhere, and in every sport, more or less. It's a part of the game.

^^ Impressive.

As for Avery, he may be the most productive agitator in the league. Myself, I don't really care for their roles on their respective teams, but it's part of the game, just like fighting and goonery.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Nice play by Matt Carle to stop Oldman Nolan from a breakaway. I've been watching a fair bit of the second period of the Stars/Ducks game and Anaheim isn't looking so good. So far they've taken seven penalties, to which the Stars have scored three times. And Brad Richards has that jump in his game again.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Nice play by Matt Carle to stop Oldman Nolan from a breakaway. I've been watching a fair bit of the second period of the Stars/Ducks game and Anaheim isn't looking so good. So far they've taken seven penalties, to which the Stars have scored three times. And Brad Richards has that jump in his game again.

Then Calgary take 3 penalties in under 2 minutes. Somehow Kipper has managed to keep the puck out of the net so far. He's been pretty damn good so far.

EDIT: San Jose just scored. Took them long enough. 4 minutes or so on the powerplay with almost 2 minutes of 5 on 3.

Edited by Deraldin

AAArrgghh! I can't watch both games at the same time! Or can I?

edit:no I can't and make that four nothing Dallas.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I watched the Detroit - Nashville game earlier. It was surprisingly boring and not as even as the numbers may suggest. Detroit really is like a machine that never lets up. Like a boring hockey version of the Terminator.. "It never quits..!". I don't know, maybe I've been watching too much Caps hockey lately or something.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"he's a dirty player, and what "skills" do you speak of? The guy came up with 33 points this season and 154 penalty minutes (in 57 games). I'll stick with players like Pavel Datsyuk who tally 97 points, with just 20 penalty minutes. That was in 82 games by the way."

AQvery is no more dirty than most players. He doens't goa round trying to injure others for the most aprt. btw. Nobody is comparing him to Datsyuk. that's silly. hwoever. Avery is a skilled player who can do a lot of thinsg for your team. He's like the main reason they slaughtred Atlanta last year, and he did it clenaly. Same with last night. One of the main reasons why the Rangers won was him.

Did you notice that like 3 players only had more points than Datsyuk this year? Are the guys below unskilled too? Avery isn't one dimensional. It's no coincidence the Rangers play better with him in the line up than out.

"People wonder why the NHL is always thought of big goons running around wacking each other with sticks, it's guy like Avery and Chris Simon that give the league it's bad rep."

Avery is no goon. He's also no Chris Simon. In spite of the fact he's so 'hated' he's never been suspended for game son end nor has he seriosuly tried to cripple somone. He's no different than Gordie Howe, Mark Messier, or even Wayne Gretzky he of the many Lady Byngs.

LONG LIVE AVERY!!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.