The Kaft and the Console

Yes, I have finally gone against my principles and got one for my birthday+christmas. There are just too many games released that never make it to the PC nowadays, and I cant keep up if I dont bend my principles slightly.

Can I really connect a mouse + keyboard to this thingie to play or is that just a theoretical possibility? I hate aiming with a controller.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Can I really connect a mouse + keyboard to this thingie to play or is that just a theoretical possibility? I hate aiming with a controller.

I'm right there with you. A 360-owning friend tells me there is a keyboard and mouse you can connect, but whether you can actually use it to play a particular game depends on that game. If someone can confirm from actual experience that you can play Mass Effect with a mouse and keyboard, I might... I just might...

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

But its alot easier to shoot stuff with a mouse :)

And I'll go live on Christmas eve :grin:

we Swedes are impatient so we give out our presents and stuff on the evening of the 24th and not Christmas day

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It IS easier to shoot with a mouse. Any idiot trying to argue against that is an idiot. That being said, I wouldn't say I particularly miss KB/M when it comes to playing the shooters I have on 360. I found the controller pretty easy to get into. Again, even freaking Hades can use one. Anyone with limbs should be able to.

About the KB/M thing on 360, I haven't heard about that. Though I'd be surprised if games allowed that, what with giving a massive advantage and so on.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Point is that Mass Effect won't REQUIRE one, I hear that the aim assistance is pretty generous. Or you can be Hades and pause to Aim.

It won't take you long to get to the point where the difference between controler and KB/M is pretty irrelivent.

Hadescopy.jpg

Yes, I have finally gone against my principles and got one for my birthday+christmas. There are just too many games released that never make it to the PC nowadays, and I cant keep up if I dont bend my principles slightly.

You sell out. May you be damned in the Nine Hells for forever more.

First Boki and now you. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

There are no anti-console morals. There's only (on my part at least) fear of the controller. I've tried to get used to it - I had a PS2 for a while - but it just doesn't work for me.

So no keyboard and mouse for Mass Effect, eh? I guess that means Microsoft isn't getting its grubby hands on my savings after all. :sad:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

what the hell, clunky controller is worst aspect of Xboxes when compared to Playstations

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

we Swedes are impatient so we give out our presents and stuff on the evening of the 24th and not Christmas day

there's nothing wrong with that... i intend to give my son the new futurama movie on xmas eve so the two of us can watch it that night. yeah, yeah, sure, it's a gift for me, too. :lol: oh, and my HD tv arrives wednesday, nearly 2 weeks before xmas.

we contemplated an xbox this year, btw, but my wife and i both voted it down since john (son) has enough video games already (DS, leapster as well as all the stuff he plays on various computers throughout the house) and an xbox would only heighten his aggravation that results from playing too many games. i don't really have time to even play my PC games as it is, so there's no reason to do a console till my b-day in july.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The Playstation controller is a little small.

As for giving gifts early, I already gave my niece and nephew Mickey Saves Santa. They wanted it, but giving out Christmas movies on Christmas is kind of silly to me.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My daughter enjoys drooling on the Xbox controller. Sometimes she will sit and chew on the second controller while I play around on ME.

I'm serious about the mouse and keyboard being absolutely useless in ME. It's a very basic control scheme. But I'm playing on casual, so what do I know :p

what the hell, clunky controller is worst aspect of Xboxes when compared to Playstations

Yeah, the original xbox controler was awful, and one of the reasons why my interest in the console was basically zero.

The 360 controlers are vastly superior, holding a duelshock just feels awkward now. Though this might be because I don't have small girly hands.

Do YOU have small girly hands?

Hadescopy.jpg

I'm half-japanese

Haw haw haw

Nah, not really. Controller could indeed be bigger, but other than that I think Playstation conrollers are absolutely fantastic. Most of the PC gamepads took after it in their design and there's good reason why Sony changed their PS3 back to "vanilla" after stupid banana one

I was referring to original Xbox, I haven't used 360 much. What are the biggest differences?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Fits snuggly in your (well, my) hand, has easy to use joysticks, due to both shape and position, and while having the same number of buttons as the duelshock, puts the L2 and R2 buttons in the 'trigger' posision, meaning that you can actually use them conveniently.

The big drawback of having the joysticks in a more convenient position is that the D-pad has been pushed out of the way, making it somewhat uncomfortable for me to use as a movement control (which can be an issue in arcade games).

As I said, I love my PS2, but I was never a huge fan of the duelshock. They basically took a SNES controler, put two knobbles on it for your palms then, when they realised they'd need joysticks, simply stuck them on the bottom rather than change the design.

It's more than good enough, but having used somthing better I find it hard to go back without noticing such (which, again, was part of the reason I hated the huge bearclaw Xbox controlers, even the smaller ones were pretty horrible, but then, I never liked the dreamcast controlers either).

Of course, all the above is just to my own hands, you might find yourself of a different opinion, but the first time I got to play on a 360 (having spent so much time on my PS2) the controler really stood out.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

I like the 360 controller much more than the PS3-thingie, which is semi-uncomofrtable and has a really useless tilt-sensor.

Do YOU have small girly hands?

Yes. :brows:

I don't typically like gamepads, and most PC-mice are too 'big/long/tall' for my liking ... but the xbox ones in the store that I've held didn't seem all that bad .. shape is fine but it is a bit of a finger stretch sometimes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts