Bonds Indicted By BALCO Federal Grand Jury

Kelverin

SAN FRANCISCO -- Major League Baseball's all-time home run king Barry Bonds was indicted Thursday on perjury and obstruction justice charges, according to KTVU reporter Rita Williams.

The five-count indictment -- four counts of perjury and one of obstruction of justice -- could put baseball's home run king in prison for up to 30 years.

Link

Does anyone really think he will do time? Is his Baseball career over?

One I don't think he'll git time if there was a solid case against him he would have been indicted years ago. If he's found guilty he'll ether it little time for being a celebrity, or a lot of time for being black. But he shouldn't git 30 years for perjury and obstruction of justice, unless OJ Simpson gets 70 years, then 30 years doesn't seam fair for nonviolent crime.

As to Barry's career, it ended the moment he broke the record. He's old and now that he's broken the record, interest in him is at an all time low. No one wont's to pay for a player at the end of his career. He's not going to put butts in the seats and is too old to play the outfield. His only job left is Dh in the Al or disappear in the minors. It's like Deadeye Duncan said "you wait your whole life for that one big moment and then you blow your career."

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

They can't revoke the record unless Bonds is proven to have taken steroids. What makes me angry is that Bonds is scrutinized while players like Jiamby, Maguiar go unnoticed and everyone seams to have forgotten Sosa's corked bats.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Bonds took steriods, Bond admitted it as such.

Did Bond knowingly taken Steriods? Bond said he didn't, that he got flaxseed oil, and he thought it was flaxseed oil, and it really wasn't flaxseed oil.

Therefore, Bond does not get an asterix, because we don't know if Bond knows or if Bond did not know. "Innocent before proven guilty".

Bond may be lying under oath, as that is what he was accused of. But lying does not equal taking steriods.

Perjury has become the catch all charge in American jurisprudence. They usually slap someone with it when they fail to get them for anything else. It is specious and difficult to prove since it usually boils down to "he-said-she-said" with everything hanging on the credibility the witness absent any tape recordings or transcripts. As a rule a convicted felon or someone under indictment trying to get a better deal does not make a credible witness. Don't get me wrong, in front of the right judge the charge does have teeth and real penalties. But I seriously doubt anything will come of this.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't know you injected flax seed oil into the flesh of your ass.

Actually, there are plenty of steroids in cream form. The whole "illegal substance" debate is extremely complicated. When an athlete gets injured, he needs to rehab, but he can't use just anything because of league rules.

When I had an asthma attack last year, my doctor prescribed an inhaler. It also contains a steroid.

When my daughter got a daiper rash a few months ago, we got a prescription for a steroid cream.

Bonds is saying he didn't knowingly take any illegal substances. That seems pretty impossible to prove, but I guess we'll see in the coming months whether the prosecution has actual evidence that he understood he was taking an illegal substance. Until then, he's innocent.

"He's not going to put butts in the seats and is too old to play the outfield."

Simply not true. He's not in his prime; but he's still popular and still pretty darn good player.

As for this ridiculousness, people should get over it. I simply don't care if he took steroids. Intentionally, or not. What a pathetic thing for people to whine over. Gah.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.