PC or Console?

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer a PC or a Console for you gaming?

• PC
    • Console
    • Both
    • Other
    • I don't game

If there's too option you can't actually prefer each one of them. Also, option "I don't game" on gaming forums is somewhat... interesting ;)

For me it's naturally PC

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

No preferance whatsoever. I only prefer certain genres on consoles to pc and vice versa, not the actual system.

My only gripes with PC is the constant tech-creep in games and bugs, consoles I have no gripes with it, except maybe the lack of mouse and keyboard, but that system isn't really designed for games which need those, alas the genre preference.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm a filthy liar.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't game [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]

Pitiful defiance of your nerdness. Tsk.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

PC. That's why I built this gaming machine.

The only consoles I have are the old Nintendo, Sega and Atari 2600 which do not see any playing time.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

In theory consoles should ad more graphics hardware resources to game developers and eliminate compatability issues, in some games this advantage shows, mostly it just seems to stupify them. Case in point, shooters without propper mouse controls since the consoles don't use them, thing is, the only choice for aiming is a mouse, controllers are a joke compared.

Martial arts punchemup games have always been better in console form, in fact there aren't many at all available for pc.

Shooters, CRPGs, RTS, pretty much anything else you can think of seems to work better if it's designed for PC from it's inception.

Unreal Tournament, Neverwinter, Morrowind, became lasting phenomena because of the modding community, consoles don't encurage it.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I like consoles, since getting a good gaming computer is a pain for me, and I don't feel like throwing out 800$.

But PCs have way too many OTHER uses to be compared to consoles. PCs win by default anyway.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I want to give a lot of credit to my handhelds of late. My DS has been the system I play the most and my PSP is my system I use for travelling or anything where I spend time waiting. That said, when I get a new PC game, I'll put off Phoenix Wright to finish that PC game. As with Witcher.

So, for me, what it comes down to is that my handhelds get more playtime and I spend more money on games for them lately, however my PC gets higher priority.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nobody has to buy a new graphics card every year. Unless they're Bok.

I can play Crysis with my 7600GT which I got over a year ago. And it looks better than a PS3 game, too.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I play games, not systems. The trivial advantages between the systems are irrelevant in the grand scheme of gaming. That being said, the casual and co-op natures of the console games I play make me gravitate towards the console/handheld for that type of gameplay, whereas the hardcore wargames available on the PC make me play on the PC. I play on each system because of the games available there. I don't spend 2 yrs waiting for a PC or console port or whatever simply out of brand loyalty.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The main thing I like about the PC is I can still play Baldur's Gate and Half-Life on it.

Suck that down, Xbox 360!

I hate the idea of my games being "lost." My NES cartridges are useless to me since my NES is dead. I'll hate the day when I lose my SNES games and my Dreamcast games to those systems dying. My PS1 and PS2 games are preserved for now because the PS2 slim is still available for purchase should my PS1 and PS2 both go out. My Gameboy games are preserved because I can get new Gameboy Advance SPs.

It's part of what I fear from consoles. A lot are making a focus on backward compatability, which is definitely good. But, sometimes its not always feasible. The DS has no backwards compatilibity for pre-advance games.

Edited by Tale

When arguing cost, it's pretty difficult to side with the PC, but it's becoming easier with the new generation of consoles. A decent PC can still be bought for $1000 (if you build it yourself). That's been pretty much the same price for the last decade, wheras consoles have slowly climbed up in price (other than the Wii.) Also, newer consoles really require an expensive TV in order to get the full value out of it. The cost of these TV's are much higher than a great monitor, and after all is said and done, you can spend as much on a high end gaming rig as you can on a great TV and console. Of course, they both have very different uses other than gaming.

The main thing I like about the PC is I can still play Baldur's Gate and Half-Life on it.

Suck that down, Xbox 360!

I hate the idea of my games being "lost." My NES cartridges are useless to me since my NES is dead. I'll hate the day when I lose my SNES games and my Dreamcast games to those systems dying. My PS1 and PS2 games are preserved for now because the PS2 slim is still available for purchase should my PS1 and PS2 both go out. My Gameboy games are preserved because I can get new Gameboy Advance SPs.

It's part of what I fear from consoles. A lot are making a focus on backward compatability, which is definitely good. But, sometimes its not always feasible. The DS has no backwards compatilibity for pre-advance games.

The PC has the same problem. Most Windows 95 games don't exactly run stellar on XP. It's the price of progress.

I might well prefer gaming on console, but I need a PC for work, and I can't afford both. so it's PC.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The PC has the same problem. Most Windows 95 games don't exactly run stellar on XP. It's the price of progress.

I can get a copy of Windows 95. It may not be legal, but I can get it. Further, there's always emulation (hell, we've got Dosbox for Win 3.1 and older games) and fan patches.

I have a working copy of Commander bleeping Keen on my XP box. A game older than some of our forum posters.

Hell, I've got Zork on that machine. That game is older than I am.

Edited by Tale

Yeah, but you can also go find a working NES. Also, there are usually a bunch of classic games released on the new consoles for relatively cheap. Xbox live, for example, has a ton of old school games available, and most are no more than a few bucks for the full version.

I'm not trying to sound like a console fanboi, obviously the PC has more capabilities when it comes to modding and emulators, but both consoles and PC's have issues with older technology.

I have a working copy of Commander bleeping Keen on my XP box. A game older than some of our forum posters.

Which one? I have the first and third, I think that's correct, in a backup CD at the moment... :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot