Zero Punctuation - Yahtzee reviews

Pop

Eh, 6/10

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

amusing as ever

i suppose it was inevitable for him to get such emails though

what is it with nintendo fanboys....?

Nintendo consistently makes good games, and makes lots of them.

They may not be "original" or "new" (except for when they are, like Metroid Prime or Pikmin or Pok

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

I think it wasn't necessarily surprise that there are Nintendo fans, but rather the rabid nature. Considering most Nintendo games are pretty cute and cuddly, you wouldn't expect the fans to be so vitriolic.

I think it wasn't necessarily surprise that there are Nintendo fans, but rather the rabid nature. Considering most Nintendo games are pretty cute and cuddly, you wouldn't expect the fans to be so vitriolic.

indeed

it was not intending as a comment on nintendos games in general, more an observation of the rabid nature of the fanboys

though of course it's not only restricted to nintendo

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Oh heavens, that surely doesn't sound like a 10/10 game!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Critisizing the driving controls is weak.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I was under the impression that San Andreas and Vice City were better at what GTA4 does.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

To be honest, I was secretly hoping that he would thrash the hell out of the game, just so I could enjoy the sh*tstorm that would surely ensue afterwards.

Still, surprisingly enough I think my views (I haven't actually played the game yet though) based on what people have reported so far will actually mirror Yahtzees in this case. I suspect I will also think the game is hella fun (like the other GTA games) when push comes to shove, but not particularly down the the path of where I want the GTA series to go.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I was under the impression that San Andreas and Vice City were better at what GTA4 does.

Not gameplay wise.

Isn't the gameplay more or less the same except for the car physics?

Heja Sverige!!

There's cover? Is there any point to it?

Heja Sverige!!

Gun machanics are better, driving mechanics are better. Fighting mechanics are kind of... different.

Better how? Do the gun mechanics now go beyond pointing and shooting? Is there recoil, or something?

Heja Sverige!!

Better aiming. You can shoot body parts, and take cover, and when you shoot people they won't always die, they'll just be on the ground badly injured and like, won't get up.

Ooh, nice. The body parts thing was already in GTA3, though.

Heja Sverige!!

Ooh, nice. The body parts thing was already in GTA3, though.

I assume you mean San Andreas, and it's better in this game. And yeah, cover is pretty crucial most of the time.

I distinctly remember having people hopping for a few seconds on one leg because I shot the other one off in GTAIII.

Heja Sverige!!

Oh, alright, but that was just like, with a sniper rifle, and you couldn't really use it effectively.

Dismemberment is near-impossible with guns... anything short of a 50 cal doesn't have much of a chance of chopping off a limb. It might make your skull go ballistic, but a thigh is really damn tough to tear off.

So now that they're going with "realism", there isn't much chance for lots of dismemberement (not as much as Solider of Fortune, anyway).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Dismemberment is near-impossible with guns...

No. One of the first things new doctors get to see is the amount of damage a high velocity bullet can cause on a human body. Trust me, it can tear off limbs and worse. It can literally make you explode. Calibre has little to do with it (unless we're talking REALLY big calibres).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!