http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/ - Kotor MMO probably confirmed :(

Dagon

2) Its a MMO. The only MMO I got into was Guild Wars, mostly for the no monthly fees. When I buy a game I shouldn't have to pay to play it afterwards.

You speak that like it's fact. It's loose speculation based upon two things:

1) Bioware has an MMO studio.

2) They want to play a new MMO.

Neither of which is decisive evidence. Neither of which makes the rumor significantly above baseless.

Yeah, for BioWare to set up an MMO studio, they would have had the deal finished ages ago, which could be seen as vidence that this latest collaboration wont be an MMO. Developing and maintaining an MMO's usually means the studio will be busy doing just that for as long as the MMO is active, so BioWare wouldnt be doing two of them at the same time.

I remember hearing a rumour months ago that Lucasarts were getting back to making Adventure games again, and this might be a part of that thing.

..but then again, its all speculation

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

2) Its a MMO. The only MMO I got into was Guild Wars, mostly for the no monthly fees. When I buy a game I shouldn't have to pay to play it afterwards.

Neither of which is decisive evidence. Neither of which makes the rumor significantly above baseless.

I was talking about my own personal views. I would be very surprise if Bioware's MMO doesn't have monthly fees. If it doesn't, then good.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I love it how people who vow never to touch a game are always the first to pre-order it.

Name one MMO that I have pre-ordered. Hell, name one EA game that I have pre-ordered. :dancing:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I was talking about my own personal views. I would be very surprise if Bioware's MMO doesn't have monthly fees. If it doesn't, then good.

What the heck does monthly fees have to do with it? I'm not talking about monthly fees. I'm saying this game, meaning the collaboration between Lucasarts and Bioware, is not necessarily an MMO.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What the heck does monthly fees have to do with it? I'm not talking about monthly fees. I'm saying this game, meaning the collaboration between Lucasarts and Bioware, is not necessarily an MMO.

I am just saying {B}IF[/b] it is, and what I said applies to the Bioware's MMO regardless if LA is a part of it or not. It still doesn't change the fact that Bioware is a part of EA now, no matter what deals they have with LA, and I do not play EA games.

In any case it is largely irrelevant at this time.

BIO, and LA have teamed up before, and their partnership did rather well. It's too early in the purchase for EA to make any major changes to BIO's business practices. BIO's quality for their agmes has ONLY gotten better as the years pass by. Espicially role-playing wise.

P.S. JE > most BIO games.

V -

Never players JE and from the reviews and posts about prob wont. so I can't comment on it as I'd be talking out of my arse... heh

As for the LA issue... I think you need to look at it as a EA and LA teamup more then a Bioware and LA team up. How long can the facade that Bioware is really still 'independent' last? At some point the hammer is going to come down, and Greg/Ray & co are going to come to the realization the free ride is over and its EA's way or the highway. From what I hear on the grapevine several peeps bolted bio shortly before the EA buyout was announced. Clearly, they told people if you not comfy with your new positions in the food chain to bail before the announcement as it looks bad if they do so afterwards and much less ambitious why they left.

Time will certainly tell

But don't get me wrong, Bio isn't all bad IMO... they hired Ferret after he was let go, and hes still IMO the bomb! :D

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I wish I could be cool and not play EA games.

Oh, its quite simple. Don't buy them.

But EA have been easing up lately, they did allow DiCE to develop not one, but TWO* games unrelated to the Battlefield franchise. That would not have happened with the EA of 3-4 years ago.

* I think the second title is still under NDA

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I particularly don't really care. They killed some of my favorite development houses in the past so I don't buy EA games. I haven't bought an EA game since the late 90's and have no reason to change. Its my own personal boycott.

I actually share your laments there, but if EA published a game that was worth playing, giving money to EA wouldn't stop me buying it. After all, there's no chance of them going broke any time soon, so encoraging them to make/fund games of actual quality would be in everyones best interests. Likewise, if it wasn't developed internally i'd also be supporting the devs who could then go on to bigger and better things that don't involve EA.

Not that I wouldn't still feel a bit dirty any time I booted up the game and saw that logo.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well, you might get a kick out of feeling dirty. Who knows? :blink:

Its just one of my irrationalities. Such as I refuse to buy anything from UbiSoft.

Well, you might get a kick out of feeling dirty. Who knows? :sorcerer:

Its just one of my irrationalities. Such as I refuse to buy anything from UbiSoft.

nothing from UbiSoft? Why? I not a huge fan of them but i do like the Heroes of Might and Magic series. They aren't anywhere close to as bad as EA.

Not that I've anything against the company itself, it's just that I never got interested in any single Ubisoft game, with the exception of Beyond Good & Evil...but that's like 4 years back.

Assassins Creed looks kinda meh too, and I expect the PC port will suffer under consoleritis with underwhelming button mashing combat.

No thanks.

Edit: I have to agree though that Jade Raymond is teh woman of Ubisoft... but that alone doesn't make me to buy Ass. Creed.

Edited by Morgoth

Love Chaos Theory. Wish I had someone to co-op it with.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

While I view EA as an evil empire, I see UbiSoft as simply incompetent. Remember PoOR2?

GRAW for the 360 kicked ass though.

LOTR: The Third Age was an awesome RPG as well.

EA has it's occasional good/great game, but still...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Tell me how is it possible that an "incompetent" publisher like Ubisoft has become the worldwide second biggest then?

The same way that Microsoft is the largest publisher of PC operating systems? o:)

I don't know about Ubisoft, but the IL-2 Sturmovik flight sim series has been on my wishlist for a long time.

As for the actual topic, lets just say that there is a lot of room for speculation and very little facts.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tell me how is it possible that an "incompetent" publisher like Ubisoft has become the worldwide second biggest then?

Widespread, worldwide hard-drive corruption following the installation of Pool of Radiance left them in sole control of the world's second biggest hard drive.

manthing2.jpg