KOTOR III MMO Confirmed?

LA owns the KOTOR IP. Both publishing and developing rights. They could choose to develop KOTOR3 on their own if they so wish (they nearly did on their own; but canceled it awhile back).

but LA doesn't have any inhouse studio's do they?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yes, they do. Republic Command was developed in-house.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

LA owns the KOTOR IP. Both publishing and developing rights. They could choose to develop KOTOR3 on their own if they so wish (they nearly did on their own; but canceled it awhile back).

but LA doesn't have any inhouse studio's do they?

Or any real talent.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

that felt like an experiment in the in house developing gig after they restructured and got rid of tim schaffer and Lawrence Holland.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

BioWare spokesman Matt Atwood has already said "...what you're seeing on the net is purely that, rumor and speculation," so I am not sure that Bioware owns the rights to Kot0R, for I believe they sold the development of the franchise to Obsidian Entertainment.

How the heck does a spokesman not know what the heck his company owns?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

BioWare spokesman Matt Atwood has already said "...what you're seeing on the net is purely that, rumor and speculation," so I am not sure that Bioware owns the rights to Kot0R, for I believe they sold the development of the franchise to Obsidian Entertainment.

How the heck does a spokesman not know what the heck his company owns?

Did you not see where the quotes ended? ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I hope to god its not true, not because i dont like Kotor series i love them, but a mmo would kill the great rp storylinies and eventually kill kotor series completely...

Hate to be a skeptic but just look at how famous the Warcraft series been throughout the years, now with World of Warcraft its going down the slope, pvp is more or less dead or a joke, lore been violated aswell killing alot of it away, game challenge levels dropped down dramatically, its a grindfest, and not to say the least it has all become about end levels and all inbetween slowly becoming a barren wasteland.

Now i for one hope they wont ruin Kotor by destroying the great roleplaying atmosphere, great storylinies and loveable character developments they made in the past 2, thou obsidians version still my favorite, i just dont hope for a mmo version from bioware possible destroying a good thing like with the Warcraft brand going down the sink.

Just my 2cent on it

K3 will be an MMORPG made by EA, and George will be extensively involved with it :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

And it kicked ass.

I'd be happier if Obsidian was making K3. They clearly had a better storyline than K1.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"I was going to say yes but I am divided on this. I liked them both."

I like them both too, and fine them about equal as well.

P.S. Originality is overrated, and there was nothing more 'original' about KOTOR2 anyways. It was a sequel, after all. Hard to be original when your story follows an alreayd made one. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Lets see here. Amnesiatic hero joins those who caused his amnesia against big bad guy who was once student, but then gets betrayed by one of those who caused his amnesia, but continues to kill bi bad guy and saves day. Yeah, we seen that a thousand times. REALLY!

Okay, the betrayel thing is a Biowarian schtick they have used before (NWN1), used again (JE), and probably reuse again and again (ME and DA). As well as the trial with 5 judges thing (NWN1), which they reused over and over (KotOR and JE), and they will probably use in future games (ME and DA). And the arena fighting idea that they used in KotOR and reused in JE, which I wouldn't be surprised if they use it again in ME and DA.

I don't mind games not being overly original but at least don't flaunt the fact you aren't going to be original.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

KOTOR is still more original than a sequel based on it which reuses KOTOR characters, storyline, plot points, and such. That's just the story too. Let's not forget game play, graphics, combat, items, and so on too. R00fles!

Besdies, once again, originality is overrated. I'd rather have a good BG5, NHL 2020, F013 then a horrible DA1 or Alien RPG1 (not syaing they *are* horrible; of course Alien RPG isn't horribley original since it is based on an IP).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If you are playing the same game over and over and over again it doesn't matter how good the game is. In the end it will just be boring and boring is never good. That is one of the reasons why I don't get the popularlity of the EA sport games. Its just the same game, with updated stats and little graphical improvement, than the last version. Its practifcally the same freaking game. Why pay another $60 for a game you are already playing? Makes no sense.

I rather have a good Dragon Age 1 than a good KotOR 3, personally. I don't really consider KotOR 1 or 2 all that original in the first place, bing based on an existing IP. I just can't wait for a truly original game from Obsidian.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

If you are playing the same game over and over and over again it doesn't matter how good the game is. In the end it will just be boring and boring is never good. That is one of the reasons why I don't get the popularlity of the EA sport games. Its just the same game, with updated stats and little graphical improvement, than the last version. Its practifcally the same freaking game. Why pay another $60 for a game you are already playing? Makes no sense.

I rather have a good Dragon Age 1 than a good KotOR 3, personally. I don't really consider KotOR 1 or 2 all that original in the first place, bing based on an existing IP. I just can't wait for a truly original game from Obsidian.

I have to agree here. The first KOTOR remains and always will be the best game I've ever played. Mostly because it was my first RPG and kind of acted as a gateway drug to other RPG's, which eventually lead me to WoW. If I never played KOTOR, I never would've played BG, PS:T, IWD, NWN, FO, or even WoW. KOTOR was the game that started it all for me. So, to say that it holds a very special place in my heart would be an understatement.

However, that being said, there wasn't a thing about the plot that was original. And having gone back and played older Bio games, I can see this even more. Heck, even the names Canderous and Juhani were characters in BG I believe. I know Canderous was at any rate. And on top of that, the characters, though very well developed, were done in the mold of classic Star Wars characters. Again, this shows that Bio understood the Star Wars universe and how to make a good Star Wars game, but to say it had originality is a bit much.

The only thing original about it was that it took place 4000 years before the events of the movies.

Kotor 2 had a different view on the "Force" than other star wars games or movies.

What I like is they got a new theme with the force, other than the general "It's what sustains life, there's good and evil plus it gives you powers". You have to admit the "Death of the force" and "Living without the Force" was a good idea.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"