What you did today, part gazillion

Walsingham

I played a little SimCity Societies, ate food, idly did some photography stuff, watched hubby turn our TV into a PC/game screen, and generally farted around the house, which was pleasant and relaxing.

We're feeling lazy ... don't know if we're going up to the sister-in-law's or not.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ran around the desert shooting at folks. I know this might sound a little crazy, but I'm saddened that I don't have more bruises. I feel like I haven't played hard enough at all. I had two mutual kills and only one solid kill all day. Even that wasn't exciting. Two of my teammates had someone pinned and I stepped out of my hiding spot and shot the last enemy in the back. All in all, a very poor showing today. Still, I had fun. No impressive swollen bleeding marks, I guess, but a couple of nice shiners.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Guest The Architect

Apparently it was like 38 degrees outside today. Scorcher!

I went to see the wrestling last night, between local Aussie wrestlers and Yanks. It was fun. I went with my Dad, a friend of his and his two sons and another friend of my Dad's friend who I never met before up till last night.

We had front row seats so we could get up and taunt the **** out of the wrestlers and give ones we like hi fives and stuff. I didn't lose my voice, but yeah, I'd be lying if I said I didn't yell, and you know, used all those rude finger signs and such.

My Dad's friend got really pissed and was ready to fight one of the **** security guards there. I had to sort of come between them aka intervene to stop them from fighting. I was surprised he wasn't kicked out.

We spoke to the wrestlers after the match, even the Yanks, who loved it here and loved the crowd and stuff and want to come here and wrestle every year. They were nice guys, except for Blondie, the only wrestler who didn't stick around after. He was a complete **** **** tool.

I only drank a can of Woodstock and a can of Jack & Coke, a remarkably low amount of booze for me. Hooray to me for staying sober! Uh, sorry if I sound like I'm boasting or anything. Today I haven't been doing much, and haven't been drinking much either. Think I'm going to get some type of virus actually. Gah!

Edited by The Architect

Ah, the joys of working overnight at a convenience store...

A taxi pulls up outside 2 kids step out of it, a black kid and a white kid, and come into the store. The black kid spoke in a midwestern accent and qas quite polite. The white kid was almost constantly talking "ghetto." Anyway the black kid asked to buy cigerettes, Newports 100 to be percise, and I ask for ID. He was legal by a month. The white kid started to pull out the money to give to the black kid. That is a big no-no so I ask for the white kid's ID. He gets all defensive and starts yelling, while the black kid asked politely why I needed to se his friend's ID.

State regulations. The clerk needs to verify the age of the entire purchasing party and since the white kid was paying I had to ID him. The white kid was getting really pissed off, threatened to kill me and beat me down if he ever sees me outside the store. I smiled and replied "I would oblidged but I'm afraid of being arrested for child abuse."

The kid fumed and his friend took him by the arm and left the store, and went back into their taxi.

I laughed fairly loudly at him.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Wait, that guy was you?!? I'll ****ing kill you if I see you ever again!

:thumbsup: Love it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm finishing up some essays, and then I'm going to Best Buy to pick up a copy of... something... I'll have to see what's on sale when I get there... :thumbsup:

Contra 4... you want to buy Contra 4... :-

It looks good, but I would have had to buy a DS to go with the game, and that's more then I wanted to spend - but I did order a copy of The Orange Box for only $25 off their website (the store was sold-out).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm finishing up some essays, and then I'm going to Best Buy to pick up a copy of... something... I'll have to see what's on sale when I get there... :thumbsup:

Anyone who can buy Contra 4 needs to buy Phoenix Wright first!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I did pick a copy of Ace Attorney as a Christmas gift for my little brother when I grabbed Contra 4...

I did pick a copy of Ace Attorney as a Christmas gift for my little brother when I grabbed Contra 4...

Kill your little brother and inherit it back. I'm dead serious when I say those three games are among my favorite games of all time. Top 5 list, top 10 at worst.

I'm dead serious when I say those three games are among my favorite games of all time. Top 5 list, top 10 at worst.

An adventure game not available on the PC is a crime against the natural order of things. :sad:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

We're installing new countertops and I'm waiting for the contractor to do the measurements. What a yutz. The damned people are all the same. Later, I'll probably head to the store and start a fresh batch of beer and potato stew since the weather is getting a bit colder. Nothing warms the belly better than warm bread and hot stew with meat, potatoes, and veggies. mmm MMMM MMMMM

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

We're installing new countertops and I'm waiting for the contractor to do the measurements. What a yutz. The damned people are all the same. Later, I'll probably head to the store and start a fresh batch of beer and potato stew since the weather is getting a bit colder. Nothing warms the belly better than warm bread and hot stew with meat, potatoes, and veggies. mmm MMMM MMMMM

At least you got a hold of a contractor. 95% of the people that work around here don't have an office so you have to leave them a voice-mail on their cell phone and pray that they call back. Couple years back when we replaced the front windows we called over a dozen people and only got a response from three of them. Two were willing to take the job, but the third wouldn't do it because the job was too small and wouldn't pay enough.

Getting a contractor around here is a pain in the ass. :thumbsup:

I massively overslept while having teh most horrific dream I've ever had about trying to hide a body. It was absolutely revolting.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I massively overslept while having teh most horrific dream I've ever had about trying to hide a body. It was absolutely revolting.

Walsh, I really love reading your posts, but you're crazy. ...And you owe me a pint, also. rat bastard.

Obsidian Plays

I don't know whether to find the dream I had last night pleasant or creepy. I dreamt I slept with Franziska von Karma from the Phoenix Wright games. Of course, in my dream she didn't have the whip and she was significantly less gif-like.

Maybe I should just tell myself it was a attractive cosplayer dressed like Franziska. Then it wouldn't be quite so creepy.

Edited by Tale

I find the whole notion of an attractive cosplayer more insane than my dream. :)

Actually that isn't true. There are attractive live roleplaying women and cosplayers. It's just that I'd feel safer dating a 35 year old stripper. A stripper with a past history of mental problems. Because female cosplayers and lrpers are either plain or completely deranged in the sense of teetering on homicide.

As for my dream, I don't mind so much having these full detail stereo surround sound dreams. I just get annoyed when they're so rarely about lying on a private beach in the mediterranean, being brought mezze and 20 year old female journalism students. I mean why is it more often that I'm stuck in a trench somewhere bored out of my mind and freezing cold? I get enough of that during the bloody day!

-Elwood Blues

I don't know whether to find the dream I had last night pleasant or creepy. I dreamt I slept with Franziska von Karma from the Phoenix Wright games. Of course, in my dream she didn't have the whip and she was significantly less gif-like.

Maybe I should just tell myself it was a attractive cosplayer dressed like Franziska. Then it wouldn't be quite so creepy.

Well fortunately for both of you, most evidence suggests that there's no real significance in the content of our dreams. Such bizarre occurences (Wals running out of corpse storage space; Tale sleeping with an attractive female) have no basis in reality.

Today, I attended a briefing on the basics and legal basis of power struggles in the DoD between the Department authorities and the commanders of the military services. Particular focus was on business systems management (i.e., how they buy things, track inventory, manage personnel, etc.).

Such bizarre occurences (Wals running out of corpse storage space; Tale sleeping with an attractive female) have no basis in reality.

:)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

female cosplayers and lrpers are either plain or completely deranged in the sense of teetering on homicide.
Be still my beating heart!

As for my dream, I don't mind so much having these full detail stereo surround sound dreams. I just get annoyed when they're so rarely about lying on a private beach in the mediterranean, being brought mezze and 20 year old female journalism students. I mean why is it more often that I'm stuck in a trench somewhere bored out of my mind and freezing cold? I get enough of that during the bloody day!
You should give some details. Did you kill the person? Were you simply an accomplice after the fact?

I dream rarely, so it's always of note when I do have one at all. But, usually the ones I do have consist of nothing but me running naked through a department store. Or was that just my weekend?

Edited by Tale

I think they do. They are our way of tapping into the hidden undercurrents of our minds, by showing associations, mainly.

I did kill the person concerned. They were horrible, and standing in the way of my getting a lot of money. Actually I'm not sure what was more horrifying. The fact that I killed them, or the fact that I tried to conceal the body in an inflated air mattress then forgot about it.

-Elwood Blues

Yesterday I got a rented a XBox 360 and Mass Effect. I will actually be buying a XBox 360 later in December. Today, except for this stint to check messages, I have been playing ME.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"