Anime recommendations: Part 2

SteveThaiBinh

^Yes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 3 weeks later...

rebuildonpusan1oc2.jpg

BAAAAWWW :'(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

:D Jesustesticles.

I watched some of the old(93) Gunnm OVA and was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty hard to find, so I had to take what I could get and watched it with eng dub. A pretty decent 96 eng dub, likely the same people who made the borderline decent GitS dub back then. Gally's vo was teeth-grinding at times, but all the other characters were well done.

Ugh, but how I hate dubbed anime.

Now, I'm supposed to pick a series for Christmas week that I can watch in company, which I haven't seen and it has to be scifi. Without mechs. Oh, crap.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

:D Jesustesticles.

I watched some of the old(93) Gunnm OVA and was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty hard to find, so I had to take what I could get and watched it with eng dub. A pretty decent 96 eng dub, likely the same people who made the borderline decent GitS dub back then. Gally's vo was teeth-grinding at times, but all the other characters were well done.

Ugh, but how I hate dubbed anime.

Now, I'm supposed to pick a series for Christmas week that I can watch in company, which I haven't seen and it has to be scifi. Without mechs. Oh, crap.

THE ANIMATRIX!!!!....

:( sorry

Ergo Proxy, Noein, Ghost in the shell (second gig), or just go with pure awesomeness in FLCL for time constraints, then again theres talking of what fooly cooly really is and all kinds of fan service and you wouldn't want your relatives to know your the pedo on the block.

Or you could go with a movie like Toki wo Kakeru. It's a tough one, thats for sure.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The problem is that I've seen most of what is, supposedly, presentable scifi. Except Infinite Ryuvius, Geneshaft, Blue Gender, Noein and even some of those have mechs. Ugh, ****ing mechs. I might have to go with a mech anime afterall.

kirottu said:

Do not watch Blue Gender. Unless you enjoy your aids with a nice helping of punching yourself in the genitals so that you briefly substitute the pain for something more suitable.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I enjoyed Gurren Lagann despite it being a mecha anime. It's a bit cheesy too but funny and enjoyable. It's one of those animes where they go on spirit to succeed or "drill through the heavens" to quote them.

Right now I'm watching stuff like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Minami-ke and Bamboo Blade. When I get my USB down to my cousin's, I pick up his Naruto Shippuuden too. Kaiji was good but I'm a bit short on internets.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Couldn't get into first ep of Gurren Lagann, but I'll give it another go sometime.

Bamboo Blade's been funny the first few eps, but it's starting to get really bogged down. It needs to be quick and funny, instead of dwelling on its "side stories".

Atreides, is minami-ke actually airing on anime these days? I've read some of the manga and love it.

The problem is that I've seen most of what is, supposedly, presentable scifi. Except Infinite Ryuvius, Geneshaft, Blue Gender, Noein and even some of those have mechs. Ugh, ****ing mechs. I might have to go with a mech anime afterall.

How could you even miss out the Crest/Banner of the Stars series?

Captain Tylor?

Legend of the Galactic Heroes?

Tsk. Tsk.

Couldn't get into first ep of Gurren Lagann, but I'll give it another go sometime.

Bamboo Blade's been funny the first few eps, but it's starting to get really bogged down. It needs to be quick and funny, instead of dwelling on its "side stories".

Atreides, is minami-ke actually airing on anime these days? I've read some of the manga and love it.

Yep it is! I follow Ayako's subs which are up to ep10. Look out for Kana's "I AM BOSS" t-shirt :)

Oh yeah, I catch up with Hayate and Moyashimon too.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

So, I remembered that I had yet to watch PlanetES and went with that.

Results may vary...

kirottu said:

I'm regularly watching Gundam 00, Bleach, and Monster. About halfway through Monster.

I read quite a few comparisons between Gundam 00 and Gundam wing and I think it was fair early on, but can't support that anymore. It's become a little too integrated into the motives and pasts of the individual characters. I loved Wing, but it didn't particularly explore the pasts of the pilots. This one seems to be doing that quite a bit. Though it definitely shares the resemblence of a small group of pilots with super powerful suits just laying waste to entire armies.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So, after a lot of nagging from a friend I recently 'popped my anime cherry,' as it were, with Death Note. I must admit I found it rather good and would like to check out some more stuff. This is where you sexy people come in, naturally, I was wondering if any if you would have any recommendations for me. Stuff similar to Death Note would be most welcome indeed but I'm feeling rather open minded right now and am willing to give pretty much anything a try. So yeah, if you're feeling particularly nice/bored/whatever at the minute then fire away. If you're not feeling particularly nice/bored/whatever right now then still fire away. It's all good.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

If Death Note is your introduction, my guess is you're more interested in drama or thrillers. I would easily recommend Monster to you. It's basically an animated Fugitive.

Edited by Tale

If Death Note is your introduction, my guess is you're more interested in drama or thrillers. I would easily recommend Monster to you. It's basically an animated Fugitive.

Your guess would be correct good sir.

Thanks, I'll go look that up shortly.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I must say it's interesting how the geopolitical structure of the world is done in 00. They outright tell you that the three major superpowers are America Nato (the european part) and China (and a pack of asian tributaries)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Monster is great.

Also try Tsukihime, it's only 12 episodes, about a guy who meets a girl he just killed yesterday. Pretty nice.

Welcome to the fold, by the way.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Monster is great.

Also try Tsukihime, it's only 12 episodes, about a guy who meets a girl he just killed yesterday. Pretty nice.

Welcome to the fold, by the way.

I'm just downloading the first few episodes of Monster now to see what it's like, if it lives up to its billing then I shall be off out to purchase DVD's and such in the near future.

That does sound rather interesting indeed, I'll have to go check that out now.

Thanks, any strange goings on in these here parts that I should be made aware of? I'd like to think this was a nice peaceful thread with no strange happenings but to be honest I just can't see that :)

Oh fun fun. Looks like I'm stuck with downloads then. Have to find the rest of it now.

only anime i've really bothered to watch is Cowboy Bebop

i quite liked it really

can anyone recommend something similarly good?

Black Lagoon