Anime recommendations: Part 2

SteveThaiBinh

I finished Gunslinger Girl last night. It has one major flaw, it's too episodic. Not necessarilly a flaw but that's not something I tend to dislike. There's no overarching plot that starts in the beginning and ends in the last episode. None of the sub-lots even seem to revolve too heavily around Henrietta, the main character.

Otherwise it's a very good watch. Not as good as Black Lagoon, which is my favorite episodic.

According to Wiki there's going to be a season 2 starting in 2008.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finished Gunslinger Girl last night. It has one major flaw, it's too episodic. Not necessarilly a flaw but that's not something I tend to dislike. There's no overarching plot that starts in the beginning and ends in the last episode. None of the sub-lots even seem to revolve too heavily around Henrietta, the main character.

Otherwise it's a very good watch. Not as good as Black Lagoon, which is my favorite episodic.

According to Wiki there's going to be a season 2 starting in 2008.

Black Lagoon already finished season 2 a long time ago. It was way better than season 1. Hurry up and download it. You won't regret it except the romance or should I say lack thereof ):<<<<<

So very angered.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've seen Black Lagoon season two. What made you think otherwise?

still gundam seed... still seeing it as "Mobile Suit Gundam 0079" remade for the 20th century. It's even got the bloody newtype "zing" dealy to it.

I'm nearing the end and it's started to get ridiculous. Nukes on one side, Gamma cannon on the other side, with two mobile suits in the middle that dearly want the entire thing to stop, also a pair of armies that rush blindly to genocide (admittedly they've both been whipped into a frenzy by the leaders) but the fact that leaders are going to go so far as to wipe out a good sized detachment of their own troops to get at the enemy seems like it'd never happen under any circumstances (think dropping a nuke on a warzone that you've still got troops in) the animators got lazy at the end and have resorted to the "stand there and fire lazer cannons! then show the aftermath" style of animation.

I give the series 2 out of five thinking chars

char.aznable.jpgchar.aznable.jpg

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm watching 0083 for the second time. First time was when I bought the tapes, now I have the DVD. I give it 5 out of 5 Zeons just from memory, but I'll update it when I finish.

I'm watching 0083 for the second time. First time was when I bought the tapes, now I have the DVD. I give it 5 out of 5 Zeons just from memory, but I'll update it when I finish.

wasn't 83 the highoctane low plotpower one?

Oh, by the end of next week I should have Zeta in my hands (it's supposed to be one of the better ones) and I'll give it a full review with a new rating picture.

High octane low plot power? Are you Japanese now? All you're missing is a "super."

High octane low plot power? Are you Japanese now? All you're missing is a "super."

thats' just how I heard it described as a "high octane tv show who's plot had alot of holes in it" 0080 is a FANTASTIC show btw

If you want a Gundam series with lots of holes, try any of the long running series. The ones with more than 13 episodes where every character ends up jumping back and forth between sides in the war sometimes for ridiculous reasons.

0083 is awesome with not nearly the holes of Seed, Seed Destiny, or Wing.

If you want a Gundam series with lots of holes, try any of the long running series. The ones with more than 13 episodes where every character ends up jumping back and forth between sides in the war sometimes for ridiculous reasons.

0083 is awesome with not nearly the holes of Seed, Seed Destiny, or Wing.

Seed/seed destiny I'll give you, but wing I don't know because I havent' seen it (didn't have cartoon network when it was on). However the origonals (0079, Zeta ZZ and 0080) don't have nearly as many plotholes. probably because they were short (80 mainly) and under the direction of ONE guy who started the whole thing (except for 0080)

Wing has an interesting part, where the heroic and ultimately noble person who is on the "villains" side ends up deciding to leave his fake identity behind and become who he truly is. Next time we see him, he basically says it didn't work out and he's back to being the fake identity.

Later, he turns completely villanous for reasons I can't remember and tries killing lots of people. Oh, but he's back to being heroic for Endless Waltz. The guy was just screwed in the head.

Edited by Tale

Wing has an interesting part, where the heroic and ultimately noble person who is on the "villains" side ends up deciding to leave his fake identity behind and become who he truly is. Next time we see him, he basically says it didn't work out and he's back to being the fake identity.

Later, he turns completely villanous for reasons I can't remember and tries killing lots of people. Oh, but he's back to being heroic for Endless Waltz. The guy was just screwed in the head.

Oh, Zechs, hes special.

He went all villainy in the end because he wanted peace through power.

Started watching Zeta gundam. It's a little slow but ultimately extremely good. The story is quite adult (a kid gets his parent killed in the first three episodes) although the animation is ancient. I think tale might like it but unless your into the emotional storylines I'd suggest staying away from this.

Finished watching The Galaxy Railways first disc (episodes 1-5) and I have to say I'm glad I made the purchase. Sure, it's a bit cliched plotwise, but the stories so far are pretty fun and I love the universe. There needs to be a Leijiverse game. An RPG perhaps, there's plenty of setting to the universe to explore. And getting a steam locomotive to travel the galaxy in and serve as a base of operations would be awesome.

OK, FULLER review of Zeta,

It's a deep deep series. each of the characters is fleshed out beyond "good guy" and "bad guy". Usually you see that except for a series of events most likely the main characters could be swapped and they'd still do fine in the opposing role to what they are in. I don't mean that in a bad way Just that the characters are so defined that they are able to retain who they are even if they were to change positions within the story, which in gundam, often isn't the case.

It's also a very emotional story. the main character Kamille is beaten by cops, beaten by the military, shunned by his father, lives with the fact that his father has a younger lover other than his mother, has to watch someone kill his mother by destroying a capsule she's in in space (it spares you the gore of explosive decompression) and ultimately he becomes a war orphan. all of this within the first five or six episodes of a fifty odd episode serial.

For most of the Obsidianites here on the boards I'd recommend it, except for sand because he hates everything.

and I give it one GIANT poster of Char because it's too good to put a number next to.

200508264a835645.JPG

http://anitube.blogspot.com/

Better quality, zero bullcrap.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

3 episodes into Gurren Lagann. Sugoi!

3 episodes into Gurren Lagann. Sugoi!

Yeah I'm going to start once I finish Darker than Black.

I finished Heroic Age. 7/10. Wouldn't exactly recommend it for anyone but it was alright.

Also finished Kenichii. Pretty crappy show but boredom is like hunger, it is the best spice. 6/10

Claymore gets a 6/10 as well for crappy super saiyan fight crap.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

NERD RAGE

The SS-Anon Gurren Lagann subs have the worst subtitles I've ever encountered. They're too big and stretch past the end of the screen so you can't read more than 4 words.

I never imagined something this over the top could actually be good. A giant robot just punched a hole in time and space.

I started Kare Kano because this dude kept going on how superb it was.

So far, I'm glad I did. It's really something.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I finally finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and I have to say it was the best series I've seen in some time, save Bleach. Maybe even better than Bleach because its 27 episode run means no filler. Except for that one episode which is a rundown of events up that point.

I think I may just have to go to sleep now. I'm so disappointed with life for not being as awesome as that show that I'm depressed now.

Edited by Tale

I started Kare Kano because this dude kept going on how superb it was.

So far, I'm glad I did. It's really something.

:)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)