The Return of the son of The Comic Thread

Kaftan Barlast

I also dislike manga, but it's not like it's any better than American comics.

Phh....

deadpoolownsajap.jpg

no contest.

So, you're comparing a mid 80-90 Manga with the greatest Marvel comic series ever? I think Archie would be a fairer comparison.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes, both are crap.

Now, European BD is the tr00 awesomeness

valerian.20.1.JPG

Linky

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

American silly and stupid superhero comics will never reach same artistical, aesthetical and simply soulful depths of works like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Aruku Hito or (especially) Planetes, one of the best scifi stories ever grace world with its precense.

yeah, I really hate superheroes. They dealt unbeliavable blow on variety of american comics which really killed nearly all of them for me. Calvin & Hobbes and similar are fine, but they're minority here. Line STILL (and we're not in 50's anymore) seems to go like this: children's stuff, comedy OR superhero comics. What a great diversity!

Actually, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is one of the few comics/mangas that can't be called everything except pure art.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The American comicbook market is alive and positively chock full of awesome non-superhero books that kicks artistic ass our of anything Asian. The problem is that people are too stupid to look for it.

So, you're comparing a mid 80-90 Manga with the greatest Marvel comic series ever? I think Archie would be a fairer comparison.

I have realiable intelligence info that this "Drego Bowl" comic is the greatest work of 'art' ever to come out of Japan. Supposedly, it's about constipated japanese children and ping-pong. I think it is an insult to humanity to compare it to Archie, a genial serialisation who has helped shaped generations of sound, non-sexually deviant, white people all over the world.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The American comicbook market is alive and positively chock full of awesome non-superhero books that kicks artistic ass our of anything Asian. The problem is that people are too stupid to look for it.

I have realiable intelligence info that this "Drego Bowl" comic is the greatest work of 'art' ever to come out of Japan. Supposedly, it's about constipated japanese children and ping-pong. I think it is an insult to humanity to compare it to Archie, a genial serialisation who has helped shaped generations of sound, non-sexually deviant, white people all over the world.

Sandman is good, and that pretty much is it. (Is Bone american or british? )

Americans could never create anything similar to YKK

"uhh, where's all the action duuude? wtf this **** is boring" etc. etc.

Actually YKK could only come from Japan.

But I really don't get your antijapanese standing. I mean, weeabo faggots are ****ing annoying, only furries and several other groups are worse, but that's just irrational and stupid. Thanks for comic paranoia in 50's (or was it 40's and whatever its official name it was) superheroes really became domineering and nearly only "allowed" form of comics in US. Things are much better now of course, but still, how many ****ing sucky superheroes one country can spit out?

"Oh hai guise i has this new superpower but i also have this weakness for this random material lol but nvm i can breathe in ****ing space."

Not any better than some goddamn godzilla.

Only american comic that currently interests me great deal is The Dark Tower comic series, I'm sure they kick ass. But minority is still minority.

Besides, point chinned wussies in pants are at least as bad as some frickin' Gundams.

Japanese make more comics than any other country in world. They have huge loads of ****, but stuff from them that is pure Win exceeds every other country. And they've done much more experimental and avant garde stuff. Mind you, I have nothing against whole western comic scene, many european comics are awesome as are some american ones, but they have no chance against Japan.

(I doubt there'll ever be day when some western comic will beat awesomeness of Nausicaa)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Dude, chillax, while Kaftan probably does harbour some anti-manga sentiments - I also hear he cowers and scampers at the sight of deeply blue waves -, he's somewhat exaggerating for comedic effect... strictly for the lulz, know what I'm saying?

Pfft... is that the one where the flower chick mollifies the virile jungle warm using only her mouth... uh, vocal expression?

I feel a slapping coming on!

Edited by Baley

Meh, this thread already contains too much antilulz

How the **** I'm supposed to know if he's doing it for lulz when whole topic contains none? And that's the standpoint (well, in not that much trolling context though) he has put on as long as I remember. Differing opinions are all fun and games, they may cause great Drama (this was just sucky Drama) too, but this "us vs them" setting is just idiotic and unfunny when lasting this long, containing trolling or not.

Bah, I should go to sleep. Not enough sleep = meesa angry and butthurt

Edited by Xard

Sandman is good, and that pretty much is it. (Is Bone american or british? )

Americans could never create anything similar to YKK

"uhh, where's all the action duuude? wtf this **** is boring" etc. etc.

Actually YKK could only come from Japan.

But I really don't get your antijapanese standing. I mean, weeabo faggots are ****ing annoying, only furries and several other groups are worse, but that's just irrational and stupid. Thanks for comic paranoia in 50's (or was it 40's and whatever its official name it was) superheroes really became domineering and nearly only "allowed" form of comics in US. Things are much better now of course, but still, how many ****ing sucky superheroes one country can spit out?

"Oh hai guise i has this new superpower but i also have this weakness for this random material lol but nvm i can breathe in ****ing space."

Not any better than some goddamn godzilla.

Only american comic that currently interests me great deal is The Dark Tower comic series, I'm sure they kick ass. But minority is still minority.

Besides, point chinned wussies in pants are at least as bad as some frickin' Gundams.

Japanese make more comics than any other country in world. They have huge loads of ****, but stuff from them that is pure Win exceeds every other country. And they've done much more experimental and avant garde stuff. Mind you, I have nothing against whole western comic scene, many european comics are awesome as are some american ones, but they have no chance against Japan.

(I doubt there'll ever be day when some western comic will beat awesomeness of Nausicaa)

Are you ignoring European comics just for the hell of it, or do you really don't know squat about them?

Heja Sverige!!

Yeah, I'm ignoring them since this topic is pretty much about american superhero comics.

European comics tend to be fantastic, no matter where they come, Finland, France, Belgium etc.

edit: Now that was overstatement. Most of the manga is suckage, most of the european comics are suckage and most of the american comics are suckage (manhwa... let's not go there). But amount of gold is greater in european works.

edit2: Ugh it's 2:04 AM here, I haven't been geeking around like this randomly in some time. I really should try to sleep before I say something unbeliavably stupid and ignorant. So I guess it's thnxkbye

Edited by Xard

About the zombie beating up Superman, Kryptonians are notoriously vulnerable to magic. I dare say that magic is more deadly to SUperman than green kryptonite. If the zombie you are refering to, Kaftan, is Solomon Grundy then he was animated by very very very strong magic and his attacks on Superman would hurt him as if he was just a normal human if not worse. >_<

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Phh, if you want weird and artsy comics, Europe is the place. We have a very strong artcomic movement here in Sweden and Ive never seen anything remotely as bizarre from asian comics.

And Ive never understood what so good about Sandman, I read the first 6 issues and I did not detect any greatness. Fables is alot more interesting in the fairytale/dream genre.

About the zombie beating up Superman, Kryptonians are notoriously vulnerable to magic. I dare say that magic is more deadly to SUperman than green kryptonite. If the zombie you are refering to, Kaftan, is Solomon Grundy then he was animated by very very very strong magic and his attacks on Superman would hurt him as if he was just a normal human if not worse. >_<

But why would a punch to the face hurt more if it was punched by a zombie? I mean, the mechanical force of the impact has to be identical to that of a non-magic person and Superman can withstand the kinetic energy of a 7.62mm bullet hitting his cornea without blinking.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

At Comic Con I picked up trades 3-8 of Fables. Excellent series.

Also, Lucifer totally eclipsed Sandman. Sandman was ok, Lucifer was excellent.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

European comics tend to be fantastic, no matter where they come, Finland, France, Belgium etc.

The French and Belgian stuff is more or less the stuff I care about.

Writers and illustrators like Uderzo, Peyo (yes, smurfs), Franquin, Tardi, Herge, Gireaud, Goscinny, Jije, Van Hamme, Hermann, Tillieux, Walthery, Cauvin, Greg, Dany, Martin, Hubinon, Arleston, Bourgeon, Caza, Fournier, Jodorowsky etc.

Honorable mention goes to Vicente Segrelles (Spain).

I might have read the odd comic by others, but I can't really remember any from top of my head.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Kaftan, Japanese comics (and I have no idea how Japanese suddenly becomes Asian at some point) are 90% crap, as is American, as is European. It's just that Anime/manga, especially of the bad sort (ugh, dbz) are getting a huge amount of exposure this last decade (which probably rubs you the wrong way).

Besides which, I always thought American superhero comics were terrible. Superman, batman, fantastic four, whatever, you name it. I couldn't stand reading more than two pages of them that are supposedly the childhood canons of the American generation, so there you go. I think you looka t it a lot differently if you were exposed to it as a child (no I'm not saying all superhero comics suck foreva for everyone).

Bone is probably one of the best comic books I've read, ironically. But there are a couple manga that are really damn good, if your mind can manage to ignore the horrible stupidity of most of their conventions (i.e. random supernatural stuff, "I'm-pretending-to-be-cute" snippets, etc. But then, I skip all fight scenes in any comic books / manga / anime / tv show.). But a lot of time for many peole, those conventions are so in-your-face and stupid, they can't get into it at all. Which is fair enough.

edit: I tried to google a Chiyo cooking thing to put on here, but the first page gave me hardcore 10-year-old-Chiyo hentai. Kaftan, you're to blame for this purgatory.

Edited by Tigranes

I think I posted not too long ago in the Anime thread about that being so forked up.

Heja Sverige!!

Now, dismissing *all* manga is just stupid. However, dismissing *most* manga is easy and probably the right thing to do.

The thing that bothers me most about manga is that every single one I've ever read had atrocious dialogue. It's like these mangakas are just filling up their quota pages with talking heads and run out of meaningful dialogue. Not only does this ruin the quality, but it also makes the stories drag and turn into tangents they shouldn't just because of some dialogue flub. Also, Japanese humor is an "acquired taste" to say the least. It's too bad really, because I really dig the japanese manga art-style.

But if the vast majority of Manga is complete crap, then that means that statiosticly speaking, the whole genre is crap. Thus, I win :)"

But if the vast majority of american comics are complete crap, then that means statistically speaking, the whole genre is crap. Thus, I win :)

Btw, manga isn't anymore "genre" than western comics are one "genre".