What are you playing now?

Darque

I played the first game, plus all the demos, and I recall feeling that the games kind of lost something when the series went 3d. So I guess that I recommend that you play the first two games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Undying.

Goddammit this is some freaky ****. I've barely begun, and I have already been maimed twice.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Give the skill stick a few more games. It's not easy to get the hang of, but in the long run, it makes a much better hockey game.

This IS NOT what is supposed to happen:

post-3491-1190999247_thumb.jpg

This IS what is supposed to happen:

post-3491-1190999255_thumb.jpg

You need to hit more often, Deraldin. And, assuming you're playing the 360 version, try using the R button and the skill stick to poke check the puck away from a player. Or use the left button to go down to one knee to block a shot.

As for not being able to strip anyone of the puck, you do realize you're playing with the Habs, right? Not a very imposing team to say the least. Is Markov still on their roster?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

You need to hit more often, Deraldin. And, assuming you're playing the 360 version, try using the R button and the skill stick to poke check the puck away from a player. Or use the left button to go down to one knee to block a shot.

As for not being able to strip anyone of the puck, you do realize you're playing with the Habs, right? Not a very imposing team to say the least. Is Markov still on their roster?

Yeah, those were pretty horrible hit totals. Normally, I'm between 25-30. I'm not playing the 360 version. I'm playing on PC, but I'm using my Logitech gamepad. I honestly don't know how someone would play this on a keyboard. :ermm:

Yes I do still have Markov. I've only made a few substitutions. Halak has been sent down to the minors in favour of my created goalie. I traded Aebischer and someone else to Los Angeles for Ladislav Nagy and I picked up Martin Gelinas as a free agent. That's about it I believe. Markov is staying right where he is on my top line as my highest scoring defenceman, points wise at least. Souray has more goals, but Markov has more points.

It's not like I'm trying to make runs at people with Koivu or Kovalev, although to be honest, my biggest hit came from Koivu, but he probably should have been called for charging on that play. :)

Wow, I didn't even know they had skill stick support for the PC, that's good to hear.

Oh yeah, you really need to hit more, this isn't a girls league :ermm:

Yup. Skill stick works on the PC. And what would hitting people do? As Kor said, I'm playing the Habs. Unless you are charging the other guy, it's like running into a brick wall. :p

I'm playing on PC, but I'm using my Logitech gamepad.
How is it? The same as last year with roster updates?

I wouldn't know. The last version I played was nearly a decade ago. Kor and Hurlshot might have a better idea. :)

I still haven't migrated to the XBOX live for the 360. Yet? So Hurly and/ or the Krookinator could probably fill you in on that.

Seriously, though, about the hitting. You should still try to make more hits. It clears open ice. And creates turnovers and breakaways!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I still haven't migrated to the XBOX live for the 360. Yet? So Hurly and/ or the Krookinator could probably fill you in on that.

Seriously, though, about the hitting. You should still try to make more hits. It clears open ice. And creates turnovers and breakaways!

On the hitting, will this do?

post-3491-1191035239_thumb.jpg

Hurray for shorthanded goals scored in the final 20 seconds!

The Leafs came to me with a trade. Wanted Gorges and Halak for McCabe and Devereux (I know that's spelled wrong...). I ended up trading Cullimore, Murray and Halak for Toskala. I then went out and picked up Fischer and Yashin as free agents. Yashin replaced Begin on my fourth line and Fischer joined Hamrlik on my second defense pairing.

I still hate those 40 foot wrist shot goals that everyone seems to be able to score except me. :)

I really, really detest the shootouts. I'm just plain horrible at them, although I have picked up 14 points in ot/shootout losses.

Game 81 is beckoning for me right now. In my first season the Oilers record is 42-24-14.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I really, really detest the shootouts. I'm just plain horrible at them, although I have picked up 14 points in ot/shootout losses.

Game 81 is beckoning for me right now. In my first season the Oilers record is 42-24-14.

I'm currently 18-15-6 right now and sitting in 10th place in the east. That last screenshot broke a three game losing streak. Lost three straight games by a score of 2-1. The shootouts aren't so bad anymore now that I figured out how to score on them.

TF2. Topping scoreboards with my Pyro, even earlier today before the update.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yashin replaced Begin on my fourth line...

OK, you automatically know a game is crap when it allows you to build a team that forces a player of Yashin's calibre to the fourth line.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

stuffing round on oblivion

don't ask why, but i decided to get an army of mudcrabs following me. i strolled into town with a good 20 or so of the little buggers on my heels, then turned around and blasted them all with a huge fireball

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Trying to finish up Persona 3 before the release of Front Mission DS and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Just finished off the 5th block of Tartarus. I think I may have done that early, so it's a good note for my progress.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So I finish out my regular season on NHL 08 last night, and then....nothing happens. The playoffs won't start!! Boooooo!

I don't get how EA manages to release their hockey games every year with insanely huge bugs. Two years ago you could only change or pull the home team's goalie, even as the visiting team. How does that get by the testers?

So I finish out my regular season on NHL 08 last night, and then....nothing happens. The playoffs won't start!! Boooooo!

I don't get how EA manages to release their hockey games every year with insanely huge bugs. Two years ago you could only change or pull the home team's goalie, even as the visiting team. How does that get by the testers?

Well, I'm not sure if it's a bug or I'm just one easy button click away from the post season. Sometimes I tend to miss the obvious, although spending the last two hours going through EAs' forums didn't turn up any help either...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Yashin replaced Begin on my fourth line...

OK, you automatically know a game is crap when it allows you to build a team that forces a player of Yashin's calibre to the fourth line.

I didn't say anything about him being forced to be on the fourth line. He's technically my highest rated forward. He's on the fourth line mainly because I didn't really want to break up the chemistry I had going with the first three lines.

Well, I'm not sure if it's a bug or I'm just one easy button click away from the post season. Sometimes I tend to miss the obvious, although spending the last two hours going through EAs' forums didn't turn up any help either...

You simmed a few days after your season ended right? They don't appear until you've simmed through a week or two after the regular season.

I wanted to play something different than RPGs (CRPG and JRPG) and decided get some new games. And I ended up buying Killer 7 and Project Zero 3: The Tormented (aka Fatal Frame III: The Tormented) . Now, I'm playing the former one. I've been loving it so far. Really different and enjoyable.

centinexx.png

You simmed a few days after your season ended right? They don't appear until you've simmed through a week or two after the regular season.

Oh yeah. I tried that a few times. Even right up to the finals. But nothing. I tried it again yesterday, and after a few reloads it seemed to work. Now I just need to start the damn post season.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

and I played halo3 and beat it on normal. Its good, the ending bugged me but others love it so :meh: Now i wait for Halo wars :sigh:

Oh and I'm playing dynasty warriors gundam.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.