So, my car was vandalized yesterday...

Arkan

Here in Michigan racism is still around but its kept under wraps, but I've noticed the further south you go the more upfront it is.

Racism is the same everywhere, at times certain event allow those who hate to be more public about their shortcomings, nothing more.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

That's right.

I was staying at my girl's place last night, only to wake up and find "nigger your ass is mine'' written in magic marker on the driver side door.

Son of a bitch... I had to get some paint thinner/lighter fluid and wash that crap off, then re-wax it.

don't be racist

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

Pixes: Asians pretty much only hang out with other Asians. Every Asian I've ever known has had their own little pose of yakuza with them. It's very intimidating when they are so stoic and secretive all the time, which is really odd considering I'd fit in perfectly with them. I bet it's my lack of karate. Damn you Jackie Chan.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Pixes: Asians pretty much only hang out with other Asians. Every Asian I've ever known has had their own little pose of yakuza with them. It's very intimidating when they are so stoic and secretive all the time, which is really odd considering I'd fit in perfectly with them. I bet it's my lack of karate. Damn you Jackie Chan.

Correction: Chinese have Triads. Japanese have Yakuza. Koreans and everyone else have their own gangsters. Everyone will own your ass, Jackie Chan-karate-style :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's right.

I was staying at my girl's place last night, only to wake up and find "nigger your ass is mine'' written in magic marker on the driver side door.

Son of a bitch... I had to get some paint thinner/lighter fluid and wash that crap off, then re-wax it.

Not to make light of this, becuse it really sucks, but at least they did not use a key, or a nail. This sounds a little like an ex-boyfriend at work here. Granted I do not know the circumstances but I would be really surprised if it was just generic racisim. My guess is whoever did it knows you, her, or both.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

what if the car is black?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

what if the car is black?

Then he probably wouldn't have been able to read it.

They make markers in a variety of colors

The paper trail point is well made. Definitely let the cops know. That way if the guy tries anything directly then your self-defence is on better ground.

Racism is repellent, and its good that no-one here has been making too light of it. I have to say I've found the USA to be one of the most race-conscious countries I've been to. But then the UK is (in public) hugely relaxed and mixed. You just don't notice people's colour as a rule. Maybe in the USA its to do with the way you have so many sub-cultures in the great mashup, and to an extent noticing colour helps establish what etiquette to obey. I dunno.

Random vandalism annoys the crabapples out of me. Its such a pointless crime, and it causes no end of trouble for the victim.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I live RIGHT by it in Ann Arbor.

Not to belittle that situation, but what is Ann Arbor like? I'm starting at UMich this September and never had a chance to visit.

Ann Arbor is great i think! It's one of the most liberal small cities in the nation. You can get everywhere by riding a bike or walking. They have neat stores and restaurants everywhere, very culturally diverse and aware. There is only one city in Michigan that is prospering during Michigan's economical slump and thats Ann Arbor, they just brought Google in there too. They have a cool little STATE THEATER where they play various indie films in the middle of downtown. I believe the art museum is unfortunately going to be closed for sometime now for renovation. Blind Pig always has different bands come in.

Ann Arbor is just a fun liberal city with plenty of new stuff to experience. :wowey:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

You didn't call the police then?

No, I didn't. In hind sight, I should have (duh). But we were both really late for work and afterward I was more worried about cleaning it off my car. Not too awesome to drive around a city where there are plentiful black folk with nigger written on your door.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

That's right.

But they didn't break any windows, steal your hubcaps or slash your tires? You guys really need to learn alot about vandalism...

Is this a joke? Not only is it technically vandalism, but it could also be considered a threat of a hate crime.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

That's terrible to hear. Are you white? I've heard interracial couples face a ton of discimination on both sides. Do you suspect any ex-boyfriends? I'd definitely file a police report. If it escalates, you want documentation.

Yeah, I'm white. I don't suspect any ex boyfriends, though all we can suspect is that someone where she moved is either racist, or one of her ex inmates (used to work at a prison) saw us getting out of the car.

Ah. See, now that makes me properly worried. Ex-cons are notoriously vindictive. I'd definitely flag that up with the cops.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's right.

don't be racist

Guys, i'm pretty sure that Chris just won the entire thread.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)