Sega and Bioware working on Sonic RPG for NDS

funcroc

Eek, furries! :(

edit: I take that back since that is huge understatement. I thought /b/ was ****hole of internet.

I was wrong.

Dear God. :'(

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Sonic RPG. Why not a Sims RPG, or a Barbie RPG?

Bioware looks too much backwards, all that revival of the old "classics" sucks. But then again, I'm not interested in some monkeyfest for the NDS anyway. The kids will have fun, though, that I'm sure.

I doubt a DS title takes that many resources away from a large development house like Bioware.

They have created an own team for that. I guess it will cost Bioware 3-4 years to make it with a ~120 man team. :)

Bioware looks too much backwards, all that revival of the old "classics" sucks. But then again, I'm not interested in some monkeyfest for the NDS anyway. The kids will have fun, though, that I'm sure.

Regardless of it's many faults, Bioware is currently working on two new IPs. That doesn't seem particularly backwards.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Regardless of it's many faults, Bioware is currently working on two new IPs. That doesn't seem particularly backwards.

Mass Effect is backwards. They try to create the mood and excitement of the old 70s, 80s Sci-Fi movies a'la Star Wars or Alien. That's what they after for, and that's what they've said. Not a very progressive view in my book. But hey! Why creating something new when you can revive the old crap all the time? This is a strong evidence for lack of vital creativity. But that doesn't just affect Bioware, it seems the whole industry has gone tired.

What was the other IP? That Baldurs Gate clone? Isn't that vaporware? :)

In that case, pretty much everything today is backwards. Not only games, but books and movies as well.

Except, perhaps Bioshock. :)

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Mass Effect is backwards. They try to create the mood and excitement of the old 70s, 80s Sci-Fi movies a'la Star Wars or Alien. That's what they after for, and that's what they've said.

But now with 80% more collar-grabbing action!

Except, perhaps Bioshock. :)

Which contains many retrothemes as well as being a spiritual successor to a game released in the mid 90s.

So by Morgoth's criteria, Bioshock should not be creative either.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Except, perhaps Bioshock. ;)

Which contains many retrothemes as well as being a spiritual successor to a game released in the mid 90s.

So by Morgoth's criteria, Bioshock should not be creative either.

Nonsense. A game that is set in the past or uses a retrotheme based setting makes it by no means backwards. In fact, Bioshock deals with rather contemporary and interesting subjects, like the fragile human mind or gene manipulation.

Mass Effect otoh deals with Turians and Taleians and Potatoians and other goofy stuff. Bioware clearly wants to defeat the master of Sci-Fi storytelling, George Lucas himself! All they need to do is to put Deekin in and you will know they'll have an exclusive Hollywood deal signed for the next 5 ME movies.

WHERE HAVE ALL THE LINKS GONE THE LINKS ARE NOT SHOWN ANYMORE

Also, I giggle at gaming conservatism / liberalism. It's either too different, or too samey. Where's the progressive control scheme? Where's the isometric perspective? Silly.

Edited by Pop

This inspired me to find a "This is the future of gaming"-motivator, but i can't find anyone good enough.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Gaming has no future, only the past with recycled plotlines, simpler gameplay, and better graphics.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Eh? What drama? That's just the way it is. Not only in computer games, but in almost in all entertainment media.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

BRAND NEW INTERVIEW REVEALING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW

CLICK HERE http://ds.ign.com/articles/799/799672p1.html

The Doctors always seem to learn the interviews by memorization. That's why they're so boring and worthless.

"We like that platform, and we were always great fans of Sonic, and Sega is a great publisher to work with, and we want to deliver the best story driven game ever on the DS, and blabla". O RLY? Next.

Eh? What drama? That's just the way it is. Not only in computer games, but in almost in all entertainment media.

We're all doomed! There is no future! Art is just a rehash! Science is just a re-imagining! Life is just a re-run! :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Does your addiction to melodrama prove you are weak willed?

How was that melodramatic? I am just pointing out the sad state of affairs in the entertainment industry, particularly in computer gaming. Please tell me, how is that melodramatic? I just do not see it.

:)

Edited by Sand

For simplicity sake, we'll go with American Heritage over Dictionary.com Unabriged 1.1

mel
Edited by Tale

I did not say gaming is doomed here. I said that games today are lacking in originality. Big difference there, buddy. There is also a difference between simple games and simple gameplay. Planescape Torment has simple gameplay but is a fairly complex game due to its plot and character development. Oblivion, as was Jade Empire, was simple all the way around, gameplay and plot. Bloodlines was a simple game in terms of plot and character development, but the gameplay was a bit of a challenge due to its twitch factor. Stalker even more so, simple game storywise, but hard gameplay.

I did not say gaming is doomed here. I said that games today are lacking in originality. Big difference there, buddy. There is also a difference between simple games and simple gameplay. Planescape Torment has simple gameplay but is a fairly complex game due to its plot and character development. Oblivion, as was Jade Empire, was simple all the way around, gameplay and plot. Bloodlines was a simple game in terms of plot and character development, but the gameplay was a bit of a challenge due to its twitch factor. Stalker even more so, simple game storywise, but hard gameplay.

"Gaming has no future"

doom (dōōm) Pronunciation Key

n.

Inevitable destruction or ruin.

Fate, especially a tragic or ruinous one.

A decision or judgment, especially an official condemnation to a severe penalty.

Judgment Day.

A statute or ordinance, especially one in force in Anglo-Saxon England.

tr.v. doomed, doom

Edited by Tale