Spiritual successor to Fallout?

funcroc

Ah, slang. Thanks for the clarification.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yeah, people don't generally buy games that are not fun.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17848

Fargo Confirms It!

A few days ago, we reported that Brian Fargo might, in fact, be working on a successor to Wasteland. The boards were abuzz with speculation and hope. Well, we got word from the man himself. Brian Fargo, the founder of Interplay and the producer of the original Wasteland, told DAC the following:

"I am indeed looking into bringing back the game that spawned the Fallout series. Stay tuned...."

Stay tuned we will.

If the game is pants, then it will be subject to an immediate tsunami of bad will, as every person who buys it tells ten others not to, and why.

Which is a separate issue in regards to how well it pleases diehard fans, yes?

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17848

Fargo Confirms It!

A few days ago, we reported that Brian Fargo might, in fact, be working on a successor to Wasteland. The boards were abuzz with speculation and hope. Well, we got word from the man himself. Brian Fargo, the founder of Interplay and the producer of the original Wasteland, told DAC the following:

"I am indeed looking into bringing back the game that spawned the Fallout series. Stay tuned...."

Stay tuned we will.

Wasteland was top-notch back in the day. This might turn out to be an interesting game to look out for, if Fargo doesn't pull another Bard's Tale.

If the game is pants, then it will be subject to an immediate tsunami of bad will, as every person who buys it tells ten others not to, and why.

Which is a separate issue in regards to how well it pleases diehard fans, yes?

Yes, although they may be mutually inclusive. :("

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't dare to contact him anymore.. He asked for my help to find Wasteland in those "Best Games of All Time" lists that sometimes pops up on the Internet and I was too lazy to even try to search for it. Well, I did search a little, but I didn't find anything and then I gave up and just didn't respond to him. :)

I think his email might be on the InXile website. Or maybe not. It's on my work computer though so I don't have it at hand.

And in 8 hours I start my journey towards Perth, Australia so I probably won't log on here for five to six weeks starting tomorrow. Great timing, huh?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Pfft. Well for me and the rest of us true fans, this will be a spiritual successor to Fallout in name only.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Pfft. Well for me and the rest of us true fans, this will be a spiritual successor to Fallout in name only.

I'm dying to hear how that works. Spiritual successor in name only.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Most excellent. Really, most excellent.

I wonder where the project is at, at the moment. Is Fargo just actively shopping it around? Have they found a publisher? Is Fargo making it in his own house or is he subcontracting it?

I'm actually hoping they go independent with this, or at least watch their budget. No newfangled new pixel-shaded engines, no ambitions beyond making a quality RPG. That's what I'd hope for, at least. No way they could make a spiritual successor to Fallout and hope to make money unless they're watching their spending.

I'm dying to hear how that works. Spiritual successor in name only.

Witty comentary isn't good when it is playing off a joke.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Wasteland was top-notch back in the day. This might turn out to be an interesting game to look out for, if Fargo doesn't pull another Bard's Tale.

Don't worry, he will.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"