Pentagon Confirms It Sought To Build A 'Gay Bomb'

Guard Dog

A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb."

Edward Hammond, of Berkeley's Sunshine Project, had used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain a copy of the proposal from the Air Force's Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio.

As part of a military effort to develop non-lethal weapons, the proposal suggested, "One distasteful but completely non-lethal example would be strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior."

The documents show the Air Force lab asked for $7.5 million to develop such a chemical weapon.

"The Ohio Air Force lab proposed that a bomb be developed that contained a chemical that would cause enemy soliders to become gay, and to have their units break down because all their soldiers became irresistably attractive to one another," Hammond said after reviwing the documents.

"The notion was that a chemical that would probably be pleasant in the human body in low quantities could be identified, and by virtue of either breathing or having their skin exposed to this chemical, the notion was that soliders would become gay," explained Hammond.

The Pentagon told CBS 5 that the proposal was made by the Air Force in 1994.

"The Department of Defense is committed to identifying, researching and developing non-lethal weapons that will support our men and women in uniform," said a DOD spokesperson, who indicated that the "gay bomb" idea was quickly dismissed.

However, Hammond said the government records he obtained suggest the military gave the plan much stronger consideration than it has acknowledged.

"The truth of the matter is it would have never come to my attention if it was dismissed at the time it was proposed," he said. "In fact, the Pentagon has used it repeatedly and su

bsequently in an effort to promote non-lethal weapons, and in fact they submitted it to the highest scientific review body in the country for them to consider."

Military officials insisted Friday to CBS 5 that they are not currently working on any such idea and that the past plan was abandoned.

Gay community leaders in California said Friday that they found the notion of a "gay bomb" both offensive and almost laughable at the same time.

"Throughout history we have had so many brave men and women who are gay and lesbian serving the military with distinction," said Geoff Kors of Equality California. "So, it's just offensive that they think by turning people gay that the other military would be incapable of doing their job. And its absurd because there's so much medical data that shows that sexual orientation is immutable and cannot be changed."

Link

Hmmm. I sould be able to come up with at least a dozen funny or sarcastic quips here.... but I just can't come up with one. This is absurd enough it actually worries me that they thought this was possible.

But suppose it was, would you want to be one of the first US soldiers on the scene after this baby went off....

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They also looked at making a chemical weapon that made the enemy have super bad breath so they would be able to identify them as the enemy or something.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

A Gay Bomb would actually be awesome. Think about it, no deaths and no need for the other side to shoot down their enemies since they would be too busy making love. A think about all those "ACTION NEWS! From the FRONT!"-reports: "It's everyone people! Gay- and Dykepiles as far as the eyes can see!".

Mankind would never be the same.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No one likes walking in on two people having sex. Can you imagine walking in on several hundred drug crazed sex fiends with guns? And when they see you..... Retreat!

:)

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If this would actually work, wouldn't the Catholic church have built a Straight Bomb years ago?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm pretty sure the idea wasn't to actually change the sexual preference of those it is used against. That's silly. The idea is to just make them irresistably attracted to their fellow soldiers and it assumes all the soldiers were already same gender. Functionally, they become gay, even though their base or general sexual preference has not changed.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tom Jones for SecDef!!

Sex bomb, sex bomb, (yeah) you're a sex bomb (uh-huh)

You can give it to me when I need to come along (give it to me)

Sex bomb, sex bomb, (uh) you're my sex bomb (uh-huh)

And baby, you can turn me on (baby you can turn me on)

(You know what you're doing to me don't you, haha, I know you do)

Now don't get me wrong, ain't gonna do you no harm (no)

This bomb's for lovin' and you can shoot it far

I'm your main target, come and help me ignite (ow)

Lovestruck, holding you tight (hold me tight, darlin')

Oh.

Oh my.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Of course, just because the U.S. government has dismissed this idea doesn't mean that our enemies have. The Defense Deparment needs to prepare for the eventuality that foreign governments and/or international terrorists might get their hands on a Gay Bomb, with rigorous troop training in defensive masturbation.

Even civilian populations should be wary-- right now, some sneaky terrorists could be smuggling suitcase-Gay-Bombs into one of our major metropolitan areas! All patriotic Americans must do their duty to ensure that this threat is mitigated! Spank your Monkey for Liberty!!!

This is an incredibly old story. I'm fairly certain it's in the book "A higher form of killing".

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm pretty sure the idea wasn't to actually change the sexual preference of those it is used against. That's silly. The idea is to just make them irresistably attracted to their fellow soldiers and it assumes all the soldiers were already same gender. Functionally, they become gay, even though their base or general sexual preference has not changed.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean.

So its not really a "Gay Bomb" but rather an "Indiscriminate Msss Orgy Bomb" aka IMOB or "Bomb of Mass SeXX0rs"

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I take two plx.

:*

Thomas Sowell

Ah, yes, I see what you mean.

So its not really a "Gay Bomb" but rather an "Indiscriminate Msss Orgy Bomb" aka IMOB or "Bomb of Mass SeXX0rs"

You wait, it'll be in all the clubs soon.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Aphrodisiac Crowd Control

Man, that would be awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Aphrodisiac Crowd Control

Man, that would be awesome.

Have you ever seen footage of bonobo apes?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yes.

Know that I have gazed upon god.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think the BLU-85 Daisy Cutter qualifies as a bowe disruptor. I know if I saw one floating lazily down towards me my bowels would be disrupted.

I don't see what's so wrong about this gay bomb idea. In fact it never ceases to amaze me how the public seems to think there are 'sporting' methods of killing people.

-Elwood Blues

I don't see what's so wrong about this gay bomb idea. In fact it never ceases to amaze me how the public seems to think there are 'sporting' methods of killing people.

WHo is talking about killing anybody; the sex bomb is non-lethal. At least if you don't already have a weak heart or something, I suppose.